magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return postage lies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
impaler
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Return postage lies Reply with quote

Kiefer: Hello, how may I help you?
Joe: Howdy...how do I get my postage refund $5.45
Kiefer: Howdy Joe
Kiefer: May I know what you specifically mean with postage refund $5.45?
Joe: TV ad distinctly states mj will pay return postage if returned.
Kiefer: May I know if you shipped the product back to us?
Joe: Track & Confirm e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service. Label Number: 0xxx 0020 0000 19xx 4425 Service Type: DELIVERY CONFIRMATION Shipment Activity Location Date & Time--Delivered WEST PALM BEACH FL 33405 05/17/08 8:04am Arrival at Unit WEST PALM BEACH FL 33405 05/17/08 7:49am Processed ORLANDO FL 32862 05/16/08 10:30pm Acceptance xxxxxxxxxxxxx 05/15/08 12:44pm Reminder: Track & Confirm by email Date of email request: 05/15/08
Kiefer: MAy I know what seems to be the issue Joe?
Joe: How do I receive the return postage?
Kiefer: You'll have the refund if you ship the product back to us
Joe: I did Delivered WEST PALM BEACH FL 33405 05/17/08 8:04am Arrival at Unit WEST PALM BEACH FL
Kiefer: May I know if you have filled out the RMA form?
Joe: Will it be a check or on my credit card?
Joe: Yes
Joe: You have received the mj sat
Kiefer: It will be on your credit card
Joe: Delivered WEST PALM BEACH FL 33405 05/17/08 8:04am Arrival at Unit WEST PALM BEACH FL
Kiefer: Your refund is being processed right now, you'll have it within 7-10 days
Joe: How much?
Kiefer: You'll have a FULL refund Joe
Joe: I was never charged...How much will return postage be?
Kiefer: I mean the hold from your credit card will be removed
Kiefer: You'll have a full refund for return postage
Joe: fine... what about the return postage cost?
Joe: full refund for return postage is how much?
Kiefer: May I know how much did you spend for return postage?
Joe: Scroll up
Joe: $5.45
Kiefer: Okay, then you'll have a refund of $5.45
Kiefer: May I have your RMA number please?
Joe: By the 29th of May? 2xxx2
Kiefer: Yes, you should have your refund by that date Joe
Joe: OK thank you
Kiefer: You are welcome
Kiefer: Is there anything else I may help you with today?
Joe: no
Kiefer: I need you to fill the survey up. Can you do that for me?
Joe: sure

TV ad distinctly states mj will pay return postage.
I had another chat a few days later and was told they do not refund return postage!

http://myfloridalegal.com/contact.nsf/contact?Open&Section=Attorney_General
impaler
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Admission of false advertising from senior representative Reply with quote

Tail end of June 9th chat follows...

Grace: I'll escalate to our senior representatives for further assistance regarding your concern
Grace: Please hold as i transfer you to them
info: Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.
info: You are now chatting with 'Elle'
Elle: Hello Joe.
Joe: Howdy
Elle: Please hold on for a moment Joe as I check your refund to our Billing Department.
Elle: Thank you for patiently waiting.
Elle: I have already forwarded your concern to our Billing Department and they are now working on it. Your funds are on the process now and all the money that was taken on your credit card will be back on your account. Please wait for an e-mail to be notified regarding this matter within the maximum time of 24-48 hours.
Joe: No money was ever take out of my credit card account.
Joe: Maybe you should scroll up and read!
Elle: Okay, so you are asking for the refund of the postage?
Joe: Affrimative
Elle: My apologies but we will not refund the cost of the postage when you return the unit.
Joe: TV ad distinctly states mj will pay return postage if returned
Elle: No Joe we will not send you a refund for it.
Joe: Is TV adverisement wrong?
Joe: That would be false advertising!
Elle: Yes.
Joe: That would be false advertising! Correct?

strndedinalska
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. If that's your stance, stick to your guns. I still think that all this trouble over $4 is an awful lot of work given that it breaks down to less than a dime for every hour of work. Also, if $4 puts you in the poorhouse, I'd suggest getting another jack because you need something to save you some money.
impaler
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: $5.45 not $4.00 Reply with quote

Sounds like your bucking to be hired by Dan Exclamation
Nytefire
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not according to their Terms of Service

It's spelled out pretty clearly in section 2.
magicJack TOS as of 2008-06-11 wrote:
If, within 30 days of purchasing the magicJack device directly from our website, you are not satisfied with your magicJack device you may either return it to us for a full refund of the purchase price, minus shipping and handling{emphasis added}, or...

I think your only recourse here would be to get a hold of the advertisement where you saw the false claim made, get some sort of letter of acknowledgment from a broadcaster that the claim you saw was indeed what they broadcast and then file a civil false advertising case in the southern Florida circuit courts.

EDIT: Some further research shows that you might make a notice to the FTC... Doubt it will get you your money back tho... Sad

Doesn't seem cost effective to me...
semicharm
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But is it right that they should be making false claims that cost thousands of people money, as long as the cost for each person is nominal and not cost effective to fight!? If that's the case, everyone can send me $4 cash and if don't fix all of your MJ problems for you, you'll get a FULL refund![sup:0e1ab0ab74]*[/sup:0e1ab0ab74]

*Limits and exclusions may apply. This offer is not valid in all 50 states and if you can't take a hint that this is a joke, then here it is.
Nytefire
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

semicharm wrote:
*Limits and exclusions may apply. This offer is not valid in all 50 states and if you can't take a hint that this is a joke, then here it is.
Don't you realize that no one EVER reads the fine print! LOL
impaler
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

# of returns x $5.00 = big bucks Rolling Eyes
noshutdown
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: false return postage claims Reply with quote

I saw them too. Im from NY. I am a Night owl and I usually see at least 3 magic jack infomercials in the AM morning around 3-6am all week long and some times I see the commercial with Dan Borislow the president of Magic Jack and YMax Communications corp. You know the commercial with his cute little daughter that sounds like she is dumb a a a rock! Anyway he states any so do those infomercials state that they pay return postage as well as a full refund on the magic jack! IT's bad enough that that the MJ sucks Moose balls and does not perform like they say it does, and it echoes, has bad volume on the calling end, it does not do 3-way calling only conference calling so that there is false advertising abnd so is the the free return postage!
It is false advertising. If enough of us get together we can prolly get a class action suit going against magic jack and Dan Borislow and YMax communications which is affiliated with global crossing and other unsavory corporations from the Enron Chaney days .
strndedinalska

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. I'm pissed off so I want a class action lawsuit instead of making it work with my individual system. Most of us are satisfied. We knew the device needed a little tweak here and there, which is why we love it so much. You should try to make it work before you go off half cocked.
lonestarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: false return postage claims Reply with quote

noshutdown wrote:
does not perform like they say it does, and it echoes, has bad volume on the calling

I've had my MJ for about a month......no echo, no static, every call in/out has been clear......this unit has performed far above my expectations with no setup issues.

Either your unit is bad or your system/connection is messed up. Take your unit to a friends house and try it on their system, if it still fails to work correctly, then you'll know it's a bad unit. If it works, you'll know you need to do something with your own computer system or ISP.
gooney

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many say its a lie, many say its a rip off, many say they gonna report it, many say they gonna sue, many say they will call their bank or credit card, but all of them never post the outcome... its funny they just vanish and never report back. Maybe they did report and realized they were wrong? Maybe they are too embarrassed to come back and report the outcome, i dunno. Maybe you might be one of them. Anyway good luck!
jmboore
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Your right Joe Reply with quote

Your right Joe I am sending mine back because it didn't work and I want my money back also. I seen the same ad you did and it claims that it will pay for the return shipping. Plus they deduct shipping off the money they owe me what a ripoff. This MagicJack is a rippoff in my opinion. And all these people saying otherwise wouldn't say what they are saying if it was owed to them.

Last edited by jmboore on Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
impaler
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: censorship Reply with quote

What happened to my posts?
impaler

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:36 pm Post subject: Return postage lies

Kiefer: Hello, how may I help you?
Joe: Howdy...how do I get my postage refund $5.45
Kiefer: Howdy Joe
Kiefer: May I know what you specifically mean with postage refund $5.45?
Joe: TV ad distinctly states mj will pay return postage if returned.
Kiefer: May I know if you shipped the product back to us?
Joe: Track & Confirm e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service. Label Number: 0xxx 0020 0000 19xx 4425 Service Type: DELIVERY CONFIRMATION Shipment Activity Location Date & Time--Delivered WEST PALM BEACH FL 33405 05/17/08 8:04am Arrival at Unit WEST PALM BEACH FL 33405 05/17/08 7:49am Processed ORLANDO FL 32862 05/16/08 10:30pm Acceptance xxxxxxxxxxxxx 05/15/08 12:44pm Reminder: Track & Confirm by email Date of email request: 05/15/08
Kiefer: MAy I know what seems to be the issue Joe?
Kiefer: You'll have the refund if you ship the product back to us
Joe: I did Delivered WEST PALM BEACH FL 33405 05/17/08 8:04am Arrival at Unit WEST PALM BEACH FL
Kiefer: May I know if you have filled out the RMA form?
Joe: Will it be a check or on my credit card?
Joe: Yes
Joe: You have received the mj sat
Kiefer: It will be on your credit card
Joe: Delivered WEST PALM BEACH FL 33405 05/17/08 8:04am Arrival at Unit WEST PALM BEACH FL
Kiefer: Your refund is being processed right now, you'll have it within 7-10 days
Joe: How much?
Kiefer: You'll have a FULL refund Joe
Joe: I was never charged...How much will return postage be?
Kiefer: I mean the hold from your credit card will be removed
Kiefer: You'll have a full refund for return postage
Joe: fine... what about the return postage cost?
Joe: full refund for return postage is how much?
Kiefer: May I know how much did you spend for return postage?
Joe: Scroll up
Joe: $5.45
Kiefer: Okay, then you'll have a refund of $5.45
Kiefer: May I have your RMA number please?
Joe: By the 29th of May? 2xxx2
Kiefer: Yes, you should have your refund by that date Joe
Joe: OK thank you
Kiefer: You are welcome
Kiefer: Is there anything else I may help you with today?
Joe: no
Kiefer: I need you to fill the survey up. Can you do that for me?
Joe: sure

TV ad distinctly states mj will pay return postage.
I had another chat a few days later and was told they do not refund return postage!

impaler

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:53 am Post subject: Admission of false advertising from senior representative

Tail end of June 9th chat follows...

Grace: I'll escalate to our senior representatives for further assistance regarding your concern
Grace: Please hold as i transfer you to them
info: Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.
info: You are now chatting with 'Elle'
Elle: Hello Joe.
Joe: Howdy
Elle: Please hold on for a moment Joe as I check your refund to our Billing Department.
Elle: Thank you for patiently waiting.
Elle: I have already forwarded your concern to our Billing Department and they are now working on it. Your funds are on the process now and all the money that was taken on your credit card will be back on your account. Please wait for an e-mail to be notified regarding this matter within the maximum time of 24-48 hours.
Joe: No money was ever take out of my credit card account.
Joe: Maybe you should scroll up and read!
Elle: Okay, so you are asking for the refund of the postage?
Joe: Affrimative
Elle: My apologies but we will not refund the cost of the postage when you return the unit.
Joe: TV ad distinctly states mj will pay return postage if returned
Elle: No Joe we will not send you a refund for it.
Joe: That would be false advertising!
Joe: That would be false advertising! Correct?

gooney

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello impaler,

Maybe you want to show your transcript to your CC, bank or lawyer maybe? today is the 26th of june 2008... Have you done something about this?
Make a complaint, Make a charge back, Call a lawyer or something? If what you claim is true, dont you want to help others with the same issue? I see many complaints like yours but they all never report back the outcome. Do something about it and report back the steps you made so others with the same issue can follow. All we see is the same rant but none has done anything about it, why is this? Your bank can dispute this for you... depends on your bank, all you got to do is sign some papers.
impaler
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Complaint Reply with quote

Complaint sent to http://myfloridalegal.com/contact.nsf/contact?Open&Section=Attorney_General
Bank was never involved.
Still wondering why my post was deleted?
Xray
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooney wrote:
Many say its a lie, many say its a rip off, many say they gonna report it, many say they gonna sue, many say they will call their bank or credit card, but all of them never post the outcome... its funny they just vanish and never report back. Maybe they did report and realized they were wrong? Maybe they are too embarrassed to come back and report the outcome, i dunno. Maybe you might be one of them. Anyway good luck!

HERE IS MY OFFICIAL REPORT!!!

Yes, I returned to this forum to report on my experience of returning the MJ's that I ordered, and my attempt at getting them to pay for my return shipping. The company charged my credit card for the expedited shipping that I originally requested. That was a non-refundable $3.95, and I knew right up front that it was non-refundable. But they did not (as of this date) refund the money that it cost me to return the units. When I contacted their cutomer service, I was told that MagicJack does not pay for the return shipping cost in spite of what their commercials state. I have better things in life to do than to expend my time, money, and effort to recover three bucks. So, I will just let it go. MagicJack wins again!! Maybe some day if a courageous attorney with lots of impetus goes for a class-action lawsuit against them for unpaid Postal Costs, then I will join it. But until that time comes, I am not going to waste any more time on this.

Good luck to all....

Xray
jkcdlm
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You agreed to the TOS when you purchased the MJ. The TOS clearly states that they do NOT refund the shipping. This is like you are caught speeding and you tell the officer that you forgot to read the speed limit sign, but accepted the terms of the road by driving on it anyways or better yet you financed your home on a 30 year note with a 5 year balloon payment. Five years is up and you are now pissed that you did not read the terms of your financing and now have to come up with the balance or lose your house. For me, it worked as advertised, but like any other new bleeding edge product, I did not have high expectation to begin with. I read the entire TOS before purchasing it. I was skeptical there was some kind of "catch", but everything was spelled out so I bought it. Its $5 bucks. Time is money and you have spent more that $5 of time dealing with this issue.
Xray
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkcdlm wrote:
You agreed to the TOS when you purchased the MJ. The TOS clearly states that they do NOT refund the shipping. This is like you are caught speeding and you tell the officer that you forgot to read the speed limit sign, but accepted the terms of the road by driving on it anyways or better yet you financed your home on a 30 year note with a 5 year balloon payment. Five years is up and you are now pissed that you did not read the terms of your financing and now have to come up with the balance or lose your house. For me, it worked as advertised, but like any other new bleeding edge product, I did not have high expectation to begin with. I read the entire TOS before purchasing it. I was skeptical there was some kind of "catch", but everything was spelled out so I bought it. Its $5 bucks. Time is money and you have spent more that $5 of time dealing with this issue.

There's one major problem with your argument. That is, when you watch a TV infomercial, then the TOS happens to be what the actors in the commercial verbally claim. They make claims about the product, about the shipping costs, and about their return policy, then provoke you to hurry over to the phone and call in the order. Some infomercials do show their TOS on TV ads, but the writing is so small that it's below the resolution of the TV screen, and therefore is unreadable. But in the case of magicJack, the person in the commercial clearly stated that the company would pay to have you return the unit. That is a verbal (and legal) form of a TOS. If I had ordered the magicJack on their web site, then that would have been a totally different situation. No where on their web site do they promise to pay for the return shipping, but in their TV commercials, they clearly and unambiguously DO promise to pay for the return shipping.
rbbiggs
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: non working MJ's Reply with quote

I know 3 people besides myself where the product never worked to even half expectations. I was too late to get a refund, so I will use it as a spare communicator and toss it in the trash after the year is up.

Maybe 1 out of 5 calls was slightly acceptable. Could never get a call to Europe to work.

(broadband running 5meg download and 2.5meg upload consistently)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: