magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My experience, FWIW (long)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
APop
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: My experience, FWIW (long) Reply with quote

Placed the order and received MJ just a couple of days later. The order confirmation, shown below, was very specific as to how and when CC would be charged.

Important: Please reply to this email right away if you want any modifications from your order below, so we can ship your magicjack right away. You do not have to take any action if you do not want to make any changes. Please refer all tech questions to the link below when you get your magicJack. Thank you so much and your magicJack is on it's way. Dan Borislow The Inventor

Dear A P,

Great News. Your 2008 Product of the Year - magicJack, is on its way to you; get ready to start making Free Local and Long Distance calls and get a Local Phone number for Life.

Free Trial Jacks will not be billed to your credit card until the **30 Day Free Trial expires. We will however place an authorization on your credit card (may appear as "pending charge") for the free trial. If you don't love the magicjack (we know you will), simply return it within thirty days - no questions asked.

Order No.: DT00
Reference ID:
Total magicJacks Ordered: 1

Order Shipping Information

Customer Name: AP
Address 1: PO BOX
Address 2:
City, State, Zip: Beautiful High Country in western NC
Phone#:

Order Summary

Qty Item Description Price Ea Total Price Charge Date
----- -------------------------------------------------- ---------- ------------- -----------
1 30 Day magicJack Trial 39.95 39.95 06/28/2008
1 Shipping & Handling 6.95 6.95 06/28/2008
--------------------------
ORDER TOTAL: $46.90

Your credit card will be charged on or after the
following date(s) for the amounts listed below

Date: 06/28/2008 Charge Amount: $46.90

Important: Please save this email for thirty days as it contains your Order Number

Some useful information:

You may check on the status of your order at any time by clicking here Order Status and entering your email address and order number. For your convenience, these have been included in this link.

For questions regarding technical information click here Technical Help and a representative will assist you. Please note that this link is specifically for technical issues (not for order/billing information - see above for order/billing inquiries).

** Attention: Debit Card users

If you used a debit card, we will pre-authorize the amount of your invoice. The card will not be charged during the thirty day trial. However, your bank may place a hold on these amounts. Please be certain that there are sufficient funds for this authorization. Please click here if you would like to change your method of payment or if you can not currently use your debit card for these authorizations. You may also respond to this email and reduce the amount of items you ordered.

Congratulations, enjoy your savings.

Yours truly,

magicJack"

Installation went fine although there was intermittent severe choppiness on some calls that caused me concern. A call to MJ tech service was time totally wasted.

An email to Dan Borislow on June 26th resulted in the following response early the next morning.

Dear A,

My name is Marnie and I was asked by Dan to address and help out with your issue. Thank you for addressing that concern to us and apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please do follow the instructions that I will be providing:

Right click on "my computer" then select "Properties".
Click the "Advanced Tab"
You will see a something called "Performance" click on the "Settings" button there.
Now click the "Advanced" Tab in there as well.
Now you will see something called "Processor Scheduling". There check the round button called "Background Services"
Now click "Apply" and then "OK"
Click "OK" again.
Now restart your magicJack and try a couple of calls to see if the quality improves.

Please give us further updates at your most convenient time. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Marnie

I did what she said and the choppiness, while still present very occasionally, is no longer a factor.

All in all, I'm impressed and do not hesitate to recommend MJ to my friends with one caveat. "Plug it in and if it works, great. If it doesn't work, don't mess with it. Just send it back for a refund and forget about it."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: