magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

false advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruth
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: false advertising Reply with quote

I just purchased magicjack 5 year package, insurance... the lot ... only to find that there are no numbers available in Canada, so I'm completely screwed. Without a Canadian number I cannot register my location with 911. I have made frequent appeals to the company to let me know HOW, WHEN a Canadian number can be obtained. The answer is "no", "don't know", "keep checking our website!" (like I don't actually have a day job, and have all the time in the world). So far this debacle has cost me 2-3 hours in lost work! Maybe I'm just the spec of dust that fell through the cracks -- but honestly, I wonder whether other people have come across this problem? Is there a way of putting pressure on this company to take responsibility for their behaviour?
scotty200
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there shod be Canada number i got one on mine my be you mean the Canada area code that u want is not there try a different one. or my be they have run out of Canada number but that should not be likely but who knows with mj also it cost 10.00 a year to get a Canada number
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotty is right. There are plenty of users who have been issued Canadian numbers. Getting one for a specific part of Canada or the U.S. can be a problem with this and other VOIP companies.

It took forever for me to get the area code I wanted with GoogleVoice. I'm sure someone else knows the process better than me, but I think companies acquire them when they become available, which is why customer service won't ever be able to give you a specific date on when they will have what you want.

Your options are probably to keep checking back with them until they get what you want, or get your money back if you are still in the 30 day trial period. You might also be able to port a current number into them.
scotty200
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea nailgunner they should try to port in a home number then thay wold have there Canada number Smile
dissatifed
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another common day with the Magicjack outfit, I will post this on other blogs.

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Crystal'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK55408936271X

Crystal: Hello, how may I help you?

Ron: Hello - I really need to talk to a live human on a phone as too ordering another MJ .

Crystal: We love to help you on phone but as of the moment we only do support on chat.

Ron: there are some issue that a computer can not help with on my order.

Crystal: We use Tech Chat to better assist you. By using Tech Chat, we can send you instant upgrade links and run several diagnostic tests, that cannot be done over the telephone. We are also able to see where you are located, what OS and Internet browser you are using. Lastly we can see that your Internet connection is working too.This will provide the best Customer care experience and keep you most satisfied.

Ron: ok the last chat person said she could not help and gave me a number that just got advertising and computor generated ordering

Ron: netTALK vs. magicJack

Ron: i click on billing and order chat line

Ron: just now

Ron: is this billing, if so and I can not talk tyo a real person on telephone then can you answer me this my account still has two years left on it - can I cancel it and get my money back?

Ron: these are not tuff questions!

Crystal: We have phone support for Billing inquiries, the phone number is found in your bank statement.

Ron: I bought five years worth I dont want to dig throught the last 3years of records to fiund that number

Ron: this is from a blog on the net: and thats the number - last given to me---

Ron: Hi people , i had the worst experience with the majic jack people. i ordered my MJ+ last night, and I had to go Thru a phone machine after done, with my order, I went to majicjack.com and I asked about my order status. I talked with 5 differents Costumer support agents, and all of them told me, that I was not in the system. (although they charged me $77.91 instantly from my debit card. well, before making the order, they gave me the number 1-800-509-1709. and I called to that number to process my order. Today i talked with another agent again, because i recived a email confirmation and all my shipping adress were wrong typed. therefore the costumer support agent, cancelled my order.: Please read this weird conversation: Moe: You c an place your order through phone by dialing 1-800-649-1271.only for magic jack plus . jose: so what about this num? 1-800-509-1709 jose: ?? jose: is for? Moe: Please place your order on this number only for magic jack plus . Moe: 1-800-649-1271. jose: but could you tell me for what is 1-800-509-1709 ?? jose: is thats your num too? Moe: One moment please... Moe: Please ignor this number and try to place your order for magic jack plus on this following number Moe: 1-800-649-1271. jose: but im asking because I want to know where i called Moe: You c an place your order through phone by dialing 1-800-649-1271.only for magic jack plus

Ron: Now please just give me a good number that ends with a real human answering question or I want my last two years refunded

Crystal: One moment please...

Crystal: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Crystal'

Ron: Please! read what has already been discussed

Ron: I cant believe I have already spent a few hours on trying to purchase another MJ, some of my question need to be answers by a non computer.

You are now chatting with 'Manuel'

You are now chatting with 'Janice'

Ron: Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator. You are now chatting with 'Manuel' Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK55408936271X Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator. You are now chatting with 'Janice' Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK55408936271X

Janice: One moment please...

Ron: going on 3 hours in total trying to deal wit this, are you guys just bumping me around?

Janice: Thank you for waiting.

Janice: Your question is the remaining 2 years of service on your magicJack can be canceled.

Janice: The remaining 2 years of service on your magicJack is part of the 5year plan that you purchased on 05/06/2008.

Janice: I apologize to inform you that those remaining years is not refundable.

Ron: YES, If I can not get a real phone to a real human to ask about buy another MJ but I'm just about done with that too.

Ron: what about that phone number to a live human?

Ron: ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Janice: I am a live human.

Janice: For Billing inquiries, please look for the phone number in your bank statement.

Ron: did you happen to read anything I said to the other chat persons before you?

Ron: do you think i'm trying to trick you in to giving me some secret number

Ron: i would need to look back through records stored away three year ago

Ron: when i post this on a blog I need for the people reading it to understand that there are Longggggggggg periods of dead silent from the chat person as I sit and wait for answers.

Janice: I apologize for the inconvenience.

Janice: Is it okay if we will start from your first concern?

Ron: 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 6 7 8 9 waiting waiting again

Ron: what

Ron: Please listen

Janice: I will.

Ron: All I want is to be able to talk to a fellow human that can resolve some issues of a current account and the conflict it may cause to ordering another mj

Ron: Im totally tired of trying thruough this method to get it resolved as I just get shuffled and you can not answer the questions I need answered

Janice: I am a human and I've already answered your question regarding the remaining 2 years of service on your magicJack.

Ron: Janice, I have already at least two other times tried to explain what you now ( the third person) are asking me. Your answer to remaining service is not the answer to what started all this, no new chat person will go back and read they just want me to keep retyping it.

Janice: The remaining 2 years of service on your magicJack is part of the 5year plan that you purchased on 05/06/2008. I apologize to inform you that those remaining years is not refundable.

Janice: You can also place your order for magicJack Plus online at www.magicJack.com.

Ron: The refund question was the last in a long line and it was answered by you but it is not the one

Ron: r u kidding me , you guy either can't or wont go back and read '

Ron: thats was NOT why I start this whole process

Ron: I want to order another mj but I need some questions answered that every chat person just wont or couldnt answer and the just shuffled me to another chat person

Janice: Okay

Janice: Please let me know the question again.

Ron: your not one of those top 10 percenters are you as I've not gotten any answer out of two or three of them today either

Ron: forget it I will order from your competators

Ron: this will be blogged
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dissatifed,

Phone ordering takes about one day to be processed into their computer system, they will send you a conformation email at that time and you can correct any aspect of your order, Shipping is fast normally 2-3 days.

I've ordered one MJ+ on the 1-800 phone IVR computer ordering system and one MJ+ from the Magicjack.com web site, Not one single issue with either order.

I currently own three MagicJacks and the issues I had with the first MJ were solved by type chat support and the information on this forum web site.

This company operates different than most but all they are really trying to do is save you and them money, It cost a huge amount of money to set up a call center and staff it with knowledgeable customer service representatives. If you want that I suggest you go with Vonage and the $33 a month they charge.

If you work within the system you can achieve the results you want even if it is to cancel the order or service,
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
t took forever for me to get the area code I wanted with GoogleVoice.

That's interesting. Not only I could get the area codes with GV I wanted, but also the exchange numbers PLUS create numbers which are easy to remember. Also with MJ no problem. However, when I checked lately, the choices were much more limited.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cell14 wrote:
Quote:
t took forever for me to get the area code I wanted with GoogleVoice.

That's interesting. Not only I could get the area codes with GV I wanted, but also the exchange numbers PLUS create numbers which are easy to remember. Also with MJ no problem. However, when I checked lately, the choices were much more limited.

I got the area code I wanted about 6 months ago, but it took me about 9 months to get it. After the first month or so I only checked every couple of weeks, so they could have had it and run out again before I checked. But once I found it available, they had a bunch of choices for me to choose from as well.
Gentle
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original poster is what happens when you don't understand the difference between "TECHNICAL SUPPORT" and "BILLING"...

I see some confusion on the support representatives part, but I believe it is mostly due to the poster not understanding he can't get billing questions answered via technical support...

Gentle
Fredhose
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to check which area codes are currently available on MJ and how to reserve once you get a desired one.

Fred
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fredhose wrote:
How to check which area codes are currently available on MJ and how to reserve once you get a desired one.

Fred

I don't think you can reserve one.

Go to here:

http://www.magicjack.com/faq/

The first FAQ listed is an area code link. It shows July 28 as the update, so you might want to get on chat with them to see if what you want is available.
luv2uallday
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Dissatisfied your customer service experience is typical MagicJack. Try netTALK duo. www.nettalk.com they have live customer service reps and live tech support. They are proffesional and very friendly. Good luck to you
Fan
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: no local Canadian numbers and now charging $10 Reply with quote

I feel your frustration girl! I have had the same problem. Spent over $100 on MJ and took me hours to download due to technical problems, then tried to get a local Canadian number. i could get one in a different province but what good is that! My friends don't want to have to pay LD to get me. I ended up with a US one - why pay $10 to get a LD Cdn one. They used to be free. Yes,, False advertising!
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I feel your frustration girl! I have had the same problem. Spent over $100 on MJ and took me hours to download due to technical problems, then tried to get a local Canadian number. i could get one in a different province but what good is that! My friends don't want to have to pay LD to get me. I ended up with a US one - why pay $10 to get a LD Cdn one. They used to be free. Yes,, False advertising!

Honestly, MJ only makes sense in Canada if you have lot of incoming/outgoing calls from/to the US. There are better options for Canada residents.
bmh67wa
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This link works and was updated on October 7.

http://www.magicjack.com/areacodes/

Too bad it lies. I can't get a phone number in the 360 area code in Washington even though it says they can. After talking with support I found out that 206 and 253 aren't avaliable either even though they are listed too..
thealien
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: false advertising Reply with quote

ruth wrote:
I just purchased magicjack 5 year package, insurance... the lot ... only to find that there are no numbers available in Canada, so I'm completely screwed. Without a Canadian number I cannot register my location with 911. I have made frequent appeals to the company to let me know HOW, WHEN a Canadian number can be obtained. The answer is "no", "don't know", "keep checking our website!" (like I don't actually have a day job, and have all the time in the world). So far this debacle has cost me 2-3 hours in lost work! Maybe I'm just the spec of dust that fell through the cracks -- but honestly, I wonder whether other people have come across this problem? Is there a way of putting pressure on this company to take responsibility for their behaviour?

Maybe some parts of Canada might not be covered yet. But I live in Quebec in the Montreal region, and we have been getting local numbers available since about a month ago. And new ones are added almost every week now.

The only thing I could suggest, is checking back often for new numbers becoming available for your particular area. I know it's not pleasing, but I also see that they are working hard to extend their network in Canada. The $10 per year per Canadian number is precisely to help add equipment and numbers here.

If you didn't cancel your regular land line phone yet, just be patient and check back often ?
thealien
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Honestly, MJ only makes sense in Canada if you have lot of incoming/outgoing calls from/to the US. There are better options for Canada residents.

Such as what exactly ?
Darkbob
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are numbers in Calgary. They are in the 587 area code (new area code for Calgary) and not the 403 area code everyone knows and loves.

There are no numbers in the 306 area code (Saskatchewan) and never have been.

In Canada it's a bit hit or miss. Just keep that 30 day refund option in mind. And yes this is a problem for NetTalk too. They are even worse because they won't even give you an outdated list of area codes that they used to have numbers for. Sure NetTalk will TALK to you on the phone but they won't actually be able to DO anything for you. I bought one and had to return it because the closest area code I could get was Toronto. Yeesh.

Once all the numbers in an area code are gone you are SOL until MJ is assigned a new block of numbers or a new area code opens up.

Good luck!

--DB
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On this issue I think both companies stink to high heaven. How in this "day and age" can neither of them keep an updated listing available to customers at the click of a button?

If their respective customer supports can tell you if a particular area code/exchange is available, how is that not translatable to something that they could update hourly or at least daily and make available on their web-sites?

Unbelievable and indefensible for both of them, in my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: