magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canada and shipping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhyre
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Canada and shipping Reply with quote

OK, no free trial if ordering from Canada...I can live with that.....no area codes in Canada, I can live with that......
BUT:
NO tracking number for orders shipped to Canada-not mentioned UNTIL email confirmation, even though I PAID to track!
Friend ordered 4 DAYS after I did...they got theirs (US), I am STILL waiting...we BOTH paid for express shipping!

Mine is lost in the ether...NO tracking number, past time for express shipping....chat is useless...obviously Indian call-centre.
ANYONE guess WHY I PAID for TRACKING????

On the other hand...call I received from friend on MJ sounded great.....wish I had one...Sad
kcowan
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered from US site for US$46.90 and got it shipped from Toronto via 1st class postage and arrived 4 days later.

No express shipping charge and no credit card charge yet (Options seem to trigger immediate charge.)

Works great using AC 858 (Poway CA).
Taken83oveR
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it got stuck in customs? I am guessing the tracking feature would only be available for US residents. As its kinda hard to track once customs gets ahold of it.
Tim Me
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken83oveR wrote:
Maybe it got stuck in customs? I am guessing the tracking feature would only be available for US residents. As its kinda hard to track once customs gets ahold of it.

Depends how it is shipped. I order things from the US and if they are shipped via UPS, they keep track of it before and after customs.
kcowan
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Canadian orders get shipped out of Toronto by their urlhasbeenblocked distributor. So no customs problems and no tracking either.
jhyre
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kcowan"]All Canadian orders get shipped out of Toronto by their urlhasbeenblocked distributor. So no customs problems and no tracking either.[/quote]

If that is true, why no tracking then..Can. Post Priority has tracking too.
MJ chat line INSISTS it was shipped US Priority post.
Just FYI
jhyre
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, FINALLY got my MJ......the first one I ordered....took 11 days......came from Hamilton, ON.
So much for express shipping to Canada though.....
sburdy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Dumb A$$ Canadians Reply with quote

Canadian is short for pay too much for everything and crapped on by everyone.

When are you people going to stand up for yourself and stop being accepted as 2nd class US citizens.
Dam it we are better than the Americans, don let those Canadian Retailers gouge you and make you pay for all their screw ups.
I try to buy Canadian and give those dummies a chance to give me US pricing and service. When the don't I tell them Iwill see them at the Bankruptcy sale. Only about 1/4 of them wake up and smell the coffee and admit they can match the price and service but because of all the Canadian sheep out there they typically don't have to.

BLA BLA BLA Go kick some A$$ I am tired of trying to fix this broken country my self

Signed,
I am a Dam mad Canadian and I am not taking it any more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: