magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do the MJ+ status lights mean?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Public_Domain
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: What do the MJ+ status lights mean? Reply with quote

Tried to search for status lights with out success. So perhaps someone can enlighten me, what do they mean and should they be on steady or flashing? Both of mine flash, but MJ+ seems to be working. Just curious. Thanks
max2198
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green is lan link/act indicator: solid when connected to the nework flashes when there is network activity eg: using the phone
yellow or amber: flashes when it has an internet connection if internet connection is lost it would be solid

that is what I figured out
when my internet went down one day the yellor/amber led stopped flashing. when my internet started working again the yellow/amber led started flashing again

I just notice where the blue led at the + symbol there is also white led blinking and the blue led is solid the white flashes once a second, the same as the yellow/amber led
gtscomputer
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exact same scenario with my MJ+
Ordered the new power adapter but still the blinking white light behind the blue paint. (its not actually a blue light there is only 1 light)

OK , so was on the chat support today for over 4hrs regarding this and each time the 1st csr would pass me to the 2nd level csr (top 10% CSReps) and each time the chat would end after about 20minutes. I was persistent and "re-chatted" 3 different times ......LOL

Ok so i got nowhere and everything they tryed to change didn't work.
When asked what SOLID BLUE meant - he said it meant the unit has power. When asked what the white flashing light behind the blue + meant he did not answer 3 different times.....so i assume it means there is a problem with the magic jack itself since they could not solve the problem or give me an answer. They did ask if mine was dropping calls and MY ANSWER IS YES - OUT OF BLUE CALL JUST ENDS even after 2 minutes not 90minutes. So i assume the blue power light has everything to do with the power since their fix is to send you another power supply.

They changed port forwarding 5060, 5070 , 49152, 65525 (all udp)
Also applied port triggering to the same port numbers.

I also have QoS turned on for my static ip of my MJ+

I will report back to this post if i ever get an answer (which i doubt as no one has phoned me back after they dropped 3 chat sessions on me.

NOTE : i ordered another MJ+ today and will find out once i get the new one whether mine is defective or not.

GTS Computer Consulting.
Yes i am a computer technician and their support did not even come close to what i am use to providing my customers .......i dont hang up on them.....LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: