magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thin Client problem only, 3 beeps and disconnects

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lseay29
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Thin Client problem only, 3 beeps and disconnects Reply with quote

Several months ago my MJ started giving 3 beeps and disconnects on certain numnbers. I could call these numbers with my cell phone with no issues. The phone numbers are residential numbers not in a special exchange or service area requiring additional charges as some people are reporting. I am now troubleshooting this issue and found the MJ works fine on a desktop and wireless laptap computer to these same numbers. Also some people calling our number and when we call our number now for voicemail, receive an number unavailable message and then goes to voicemail. Did MJ push down another "lucky update" causing this problem? Are other TC 5700 users having this issue and if so has a solution been found?
lseay29
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For further clarification the MJ has been uninstalled, reinstalled, upgraded to the 8 Oct version, same results with and without the USB dongle and different rear USB connections on the HP 5700 TC computer. Some of the numbers we are calling and receiving the 3 beeps are 804-796-30XX, 804-355-38XX, 804-746-10XX, and 804-355-24XX. Everything was working fine until around the end of July when we first noticed a problem.
oldtimercurt
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been reports of MJ blocking numerous prefixes around the country. A search might locate some of the posts. I don't have the problem (yet) so I'm not searching.

OTC
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldtimercurt wrote:
There have been reports of MJ blocking numerous prefixes around the country. A search might locate some of the posts. I don't have the problem (yet) so I'm not searching.

OTC

TRUE but what makes his problem odd and unique he says when he uses his MJ on his desktop and laptop he can call those same numbers with no problem.. Has me scratching my head for sure..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lseay29
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct. The phone numbers can be dialed with Magicjack from a laptop or desktop both with XP and another laptop with Windows 7. This proves it is NOT the same problem others are having with Magicjack restricting the numbers. But with the TC dialing these numbers I get the three beeps and disconnected. No changes were made to the TC since this problem started making me think it is a Magicjack upgrade problem. I removed and reinstalled the Magicjack software again today on the TC with the same results.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lseay29 wrote:
That is correct. The phone numbers can be dialed with Magicjack from a laptop or desktop both with XP and another laptop with Windows 7. This proves it is NOT the same problem others are having with Magicjack restricting the numbers. But with the TC dialing these numbers I get the three beeps and disconnected. No changes were made to the TC since this problem started making me think it is a Magicjack upgrade problem. I removed and reinstalled the Magicjack software again today on the TC with the same results.

Any chance you need to update the ram on your TC? After the major MJ 2.0 update it sucks more resources and maybe your ram isnt enough.. Just a thought.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lseay29
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe my RAM is 512K and 1G DOM so that should not be an issue. No changes had been made to the TC before or after this issue started. I know it has me puzzled too.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible the USB on your TC is underpowered? Have you tried a different usb port or a powered usb hub?? Of course you are not using that crappy extension cord which came with your MJ right?
Have you tried another TC? Or know someone who has one you can try it on?
Yep running out of ideas here so if some make you roll your eyes and go SHEESH, sorry Smile
lseay29
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just set my RAM DISK manager to the maximum of 64 KB to see if that made a difference but it did not. It was previously at 24KB. Also I may have misled readers by saying I have tried it with and without the dongle, Actually I meant to say with and without the USB adapter. I do not have it installed as a service to run without the dongle.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lseay29 wrote:
I just set my RAM DISK manager to the maximum of 64 KB to see if that made a difference but it did not. It was previously at 24KB. Also I may have misled readers by saying I have tried it with and without the dongle, Actually I meant to say with and without the USB adapter. I do not have it installed as a service to run without the dongle.

I didnt mean the dongle but the short extenson cord that came with the dongle..It is a piece of crap and causes all kinds of weird problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: