magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T5710 thin clien w 256Mb works

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mememe1234
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: T5710 thin clien w 256Mb works Reply with quote

Saw a post using junction to link a usb device for increased storage for post LY updated MJ to work with 256MB thin client. It seems not that easy to me after couple of tries. Even I was able to striped down the XPe to free about 75Mb available space, it was still not able to do the fresh update when plugged in MJ. Checked MJ only uses about 66mb on my win7 laptop, so transfered the folder to t5710 and plug in MJ dongle and it WORKs. With little tweek on my router, it works close to the quality of ATA box. Still have about 15 Mb space available on the thin client. While waiting for parts to do microdrive upgrade with ebay orders shipping from China that will arrive in at least 2 wks, I am happy to free my laptop for daily use with my job. Glad I bought this out of CL for less than 40 bux. Now I do not worry Dan's future LLLYYY updates any more.

Thanks for the wonderful supports from the forum.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: T5710 thin clien w 256Mb works Reply with quote

mememe1234 wrote:
Saw a post using junction to link a usb device for increased storage for post LY updated MJ to work with 256MB thin client. It seems not that easy to me after couple of tries. Even I was able to striped down the XPe to free about 75Mb available space, it was still not able to do the fresh update when plugged in MJ. Checked MJ only uses about 66mb on my win7 laptop, so transfered the folder to t5710 and plug in MJ dongle and it WORKs. With little tweek on my router, it works close to the quality of ATA box. Still have about 15 Mb space available on the thin client. While waiting for parts to do microdrive upgrade with ebay orders shipping from China that will arrive in at least 2 wks, I am happy to free my laptop for daily use with my job. Glad I bought this out of CL for less than 40 bux. Now I do not worry Dan's future LLLYYY updates any more.

Thanks for the wonderful supports from the forum.

Great idea! Thats what makes this forum so good one person does something and shares it with another and they in turn find out a way to do something better and share it back.

I have my T5710 and dongle feeding into an Asterisk PBX here at the house. I love having all the features which Asterisk adds. So one T5710 handles MJ and a second T5710 runs Asterisk. But you need something like a Linksys 3102 to allow the FXO output of the MJ dongle to be fed into the PBX system.

I added a 4GB microdrive to mine here, over 2 years ago, and they still work great! At the cost of the larger Flash today, I am not sure I would have done that just to run MJ, unless you found a great deal on the microdrives. The cost of Flash modules which just plug in has dropped so much, $16.20 for a 512 MB module and $22.20 for a 1GB module . But the 4GB microdrive does allow a full blown PBX in a Flash distro to be run on the T5710.
mememe1234
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your sticky post at thin client section VaHam, and I have benefited from it a lot along with the enlightings from other smart guys at this forum. To benefit and to contribute is this forum all about.

I happened to have a 4Gb microdrive handy after replaced it with compact flash on my palm lifedrive 2 yrs ago. So with the cable (.99 +1.48 SH) and adaptor (.99 + free shipping) it is still a unbeatable deal.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mememe1234 wrote:
Thanks for your sticky post at thin client section VaHam, and I have benefited from it a lot along with the enlightings from other smart guys at this forum. To benefit and to contribute is this forum all about.

I happened to have a 4Gb microdrive handy after replaced it with compact flash on my palm lifedrive 2 yrs ago. So with the cable (.99 +1.48 SH) and adaptor (.99 + free shipping) it is still a unbeatable deal.

Yeap having things already on hand doesn make it nice!

And the microdrive does allow you more options in the way you use the T5710 too. Enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: