magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stopping Initial Startup Screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Stopping Initial Startup Screen Reply with quote

Every few months I check back and see if a solution to the "One minute of patience, hours of wasted time" initial startup screen. I think MJ is a great product, but I HATE the initial start up screen that takes over the interface and refuses to lose focus, effectively stopping any other productive work while we wait, instead of running in the background like other well behaved windows apps.

Apparently the initial startup screen is a separate issue from the app popping up when in use discussed
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/keep-app-from-popping-up-t107-60.html

The run as a service thread may address this issue, but seems to be beyond mere mortals to implement:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magic-jack-as-a-service-a-better-way-t1364.html

At the very least the initial start up screen is rude and demonstrates a disregard of the needs of the product users.

Sometimes I unplug the MJ to stop the screen and then I tend to not use it and sometimes I leave it connected and curse each time I boot my machine. Is MJ oblivious to the issue ??
msiam
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the power to "X" the dup..Upper right corner of message

Confused
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You have the power to "X" the dup..Upper right corner of message
Sometimes in this discussion, I feel like we are running different applications.

The initial rude MJ splash screen is a picture of the MJ device without any "X" to close, minimize or other controls available. Also the image can not be dragged to a less intrusive portion of the screen.

This morning I pulled the MJ device out of the USB port in frustration and set it on the shelf - sorry that I won't use the MJ as much, but glad to not have to stare at the initial image each morning.
arcadia2uk

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not run MJ as a Service....
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I guess I'll have to look into the run as a service. the 12 page discussion seemed to be beyond me and I was hoping that MJ would fix the problem. I'll study up. Thanks

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magic-jack-as-a-service-a-better-way-t1364.html
arcadia2uk

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You actually don't have to read the first post carefully. It doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to finalize.
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, just reading the first post with all the steps, convinced me that running as a service is beyond me.

But thanks anyway - I'll leave the box on the shelf, except when I need it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: