magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Keep app from popping up.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techtravis
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my suggestion would be to make this app minimize to the system tray instead of the taskbar Smile
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

thirdstrike
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mp3Gamer00 wrote:
http://www.filekeeper.org/download/shared/MJMgr12.zip

This program has been updated to v1.2.0.

New Features:

* Auto Answer or Ignore w/ Ring Delay
* Hide Caller ID
* Speed Dial (9 slots available)
* Call Forwarding (coming soon...)

Thanks to your support and help the code is much stronger and efficient. magicJack Phone Manager not only hides the magicJack softphone but now allow you to make phone calls, check voice mail and more while keeping magicJack's softphone hidden.
I wrote this program in VB6. It does everything I need. It hides the magicJack softphone and it never steals focus, it removes all banners from the softphone and also removes the Google link. I have included the source code in the zip file. Feel free to steal the code and share it so long as you make improvements. Let me know if i am missing anything important from the program. Enjoy

Your program does not prevent MJ from stealing focus.
NapMan
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has there been any progress made on this? I tried MagicBlock but if I'm playing a game I get bumped to the desktop anyway while it's blocking the popup.
GaryAshburn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My solution was to keep magicJack from starting itself everytime Vista starts. Unfortunately it resets itself up everytime it runs so:

I made a shortcut on my desktop to shut down magicJack.

Download Microsoft PStools
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896649.aspx

the shortcut points to a batch file called "magicjackexit.bat" in the mjusbsp directory

the contects of the batch file are:

Code:
pskill.exe -t mjsetup.exe
pskill.exe -t magicJack.exe
del C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Roaming\mjusbsp\cdloader2.exe

I use "magicjackexit" shortcut from my desktop to kill off and remove the autoloading ability of magic jack whenever I am not using it - that solves the problem.
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
kill off and remove the autoloading ability of magic jack whenever I am not using it
I don't see how this has any effect on for me the most important issue - loading of the MJ image upon PC boot.

= = = =

Oh I see. I was confusing this thread with the initial start up image thread:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/stopping-initial-startup-screen-t5830.html

Sorry.

Dave
RolandHazoto
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, I have been doing a lot of research on the magic jack and I am considering picking one up for my upcoming birthday. But one thing that concerns me is I only have a laptop at the moment and it is mainly used for gaming and for watching movies at night.
Now I have gone through and read every post in this thread and so far it seems Mp3Gamer00's software maybe the best solution as I cannot afford for certain games to lose focus as a few will crash if they do...
Now I am quite tech savvy but the less of a hassle the better...
So that being said, I ask, is Mp3Gamer00's software suitable for my needs?
ADDED-NOTE: I should also add in that I will not be using a phone for the magicjack, I intend on using my headset, so I will require softphone functionality...
RolandHazoto
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have recieved my magicjack and have tried MP3Gamer00's app and it does a good job of removing the ads and hiding MagicJack... but it still switches focus when I am playing a game and the phone rings... Mind you I am relying solely on using my headset with MJ so I will not be using a housephone in any form... Any solutions?
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="RolandHazoto"but it still switches focus when I am playing a game and the phone rings... Any solutions?[/quote]

See magic Block. It keeps MagicJack minimized, and prevents it from stealing focus when a call comes in. (MagicJack actually does steal focus for a split second, but MagicBlock returns focus back to the original window as soon as it hides MagicJack again. This all happens in 1/10th of a second.).

You can do the same thing using AutoIT3 (a free scripting language to automate Windows GUI applications). Just in case you want to do something custom to meet your own needs.

Mark
vdot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Stealing Focus Reply with quote

RolandHazoto wrote:
Well I have recieved my magicjack and have tried MP3Gamer00's app and it does a good job of removing the ads and hiding MagicJack... but it still switches focus when I am playing a game and the phone rings... Mind you I am relying solely on using my headset with MJ so I will not be using a housephone in any form... Any solutions?

See:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/post43197.html#43197

If either solution doesn't work, I *can* get MagicBeansŪ to do what you need.
RolandHazoto
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

az2008 wrote:
[quote="RolandHazoto"but it still switches focus when I am playing a game and the phone rings... Any solutions?

See magic Block. It keeps MagicJack minimized, and prevents it from stealing focus when a call comes in. (MagicJack actually does steal focus for a split second, but MagicBlock returns focus back to the original window as soon as it hides MagicJack again. This all happens in 1/10th of a second.).

You can do the same thing using AutoIT3 (a free scripting language to automate Windows GUI applications). Just in case you want to do something custom to meet your own needs.

Mark[/quote]
I tried MagicBlock, it minimized the game on incoming... And just to be certain, I just tried it again, it's not a 1/10th flash, it straight up minimized my game...
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RolandHazoto wrote:

I tried MagicBlock, it minimized the game on incoming... And just to be certain, I just tried it again, it's not a 1/10th flash, it straight up minimized my game...

For me, MagicBlock doesn't minimize anything except MagicJack. MagicJack will steal focus for 1/10th second, however long it takes MagicBlock to detect that MagicJack popped up, and for it to set the "hide" attribute (to send it to the tray again).

But, I don't run anything full screen. Maybe that's the difference. Does MagicJack "restore" any application running full screen? (Or, does your game have only maximize and minimize capabilities? No resizeable window?).

Mark
RolandHazoto
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

az2008 wrote:
RolandHazoto wrote:

For me, MagicBlock doesn't minimize anything except MagicJack. MagicJack will steal focus for 1/10th second, however long it takes MagicBlock to detect that MagicJack popped up, and for it to set the "hide" attribute (to send it to the tray again).

But, I don't run anything full screen. Maybe that's the difference. Does MagicJack "restore" any application running full screen? (Or, does your game have only maximize and minimize capabilities? No resizeable window?).

Mark

MagicBlock doesn't minimize the game, when the softphone rings, the game minimizes and stays minimized. None of the apps I have tried have prevented this from occurring.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RolandHazoto wrote:
MagicBlock doesn't minimize the game, when the softphone rings, the game minimizes and stays minimized. None of the apps I have tried have prevented this from occurring.

It must be something specific to the game. It detects something took focus (and the game minimizes itself)? I just maximized a couple applications and called myself. MJ popped up over the maximized window. It didn't minimize (or even restore) them.

magicBlock works great for that (normal) condition. There's about a 1/10th second possibility if you're typing into the desired application that a keystroke could trigger the answer/ignore of the popup (if you hit a key at exactly that moment). Otherwise, you don't even notice the popup.

BTW: Vdot's recommendation to set the transparency of the game won't help with that 1/10th second focus change. Making MJ transparent doesn't change the fact that it's still the application with focus (even if only for 1/10th of a second). Making it transparent would be like the guy on the old '70s sitcom "Soap" who would rapidly wave his hand over his face, repeating "I'm invisible, I'm invisible..." Smile

Mark
RolandHazoto
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

az2008 wrote:
RolandHazoto wrote:

It must be something specific to the game. It detects something took focus (and the game minimizes itself)? I just maximized a couple applications and called myself. MJ popped up over the maximized window. It didn't minimize (or even restore) them.

magicBlock works great for that (normal) condition. There's about a 1/10th second possibility if you're typing into the desired application that a keystroke could trigger the answer/ignore of the popup (if you hit a key at exactly that moment). Otherwise, you don't even notice the popup.

BTW: Vdot's recommendation to set the transparency of the game won't help with that 1/10th second focus change. Making MJ transparent doesn't change the fact that it's still the application with focus (even if only for 1/10th of a second). Making it transparent would be like the guy on the old '70s sitcom "Soap" who would rapidly wave his hand over his face, repeating "I'm invisible, I'm invisible..." Smile

Mark

You fail to understand, fullscreen and maximize work completely different. Try maximizing a video in Windows Media Player and you will not see it affected. Now try fullscreening a video in Window Media Player and you will see the video switch back to windowed/maximized when you call yourself. Give it a shot, you'll see what I mean.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RolandHazoto wrote:
You fail to understand, fullscreen and maximize work completely different.

Ok, thanks. Good luck.

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: