magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ooma and MagicJack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sligg1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Ooma and MagicJack Reply with quote

does anyone know if you can run MagicJack and Ooma on the same computer?
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Oooma doesnt require a pc..
Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sligg1 you just don't give up on this Ooma crap, do you?
sligg1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laserjobs wrote:

Apparently, Laserjobs you must have a flawless magicjack that works all the time. You are to be envied. Unfortunately, some of us are not so blessed, so we have to find answers for our magicJack problems.

You are critical of Ooma so is it fair to assume you tried it and found it wanting in performance? From my limited use of Ooma, magicJack is a toy in comparison. I'm using both devices and maybe like you I don't relish spending $250 when Ooma may become defunct.

A more suitable outlet to sell MagicJack would be Toys Are Us.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sligg1 wrote:
laserjobs wrote:

Apparently, Laserjobs you must have a flawless magicjack that works all the time. You are to be envied. Unfortunately, some of us are not so blessed, so we have to find answers for our magicJack problems.

You are critical of Ooma so is it fair to assume you tried it and found it wanting in performance? From my limited use of Ooma, magicJack is a toy in comparison. I'm using both devices and maybe like you I don't relish spending $250 when Ooma may become defunct.

A more suitable outlet to sell MagicJack would be Toys Are Us.

in that case... don't even bother with ooma.. go with vonage, packet8 (my fav), lingo or landline from your local provider. You can't cheap out when you want reliable. I have posted many times about packet8 and lingo which are cheaper then vonage, getting the same thing..
thats my 2 cents...
Kumar

btw.. how did this end up in tech support? lounge maybe?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sligg1 wrote:
laserjobs wrote:

So why don't you ask a magicJack question instead of posting about retarded Ooma?
sligg1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laserjobs wrote:
sligg1 wrote:
laserjobs wrote:

So why don't you ask a magicJack question instead of posting about retarded Ooma?

Hey Laserjobs, I've asked magicjack a thousand questions in Tech Chat and the answer was always the same, the techs all read from the same script. I have gone through six MJ devices , one worst than the other.

You buy a $40 item and you end up needing an engineering degree to hopefully get it to work. Just take a look at the size and number of complaints in the unofficial forum and that should tell you all you need to know about the reliability of MagicJack.

In contrast, Ooma has now been working for five weeks without one flaw. One call to a live tech support and one small problem was resolved. Just think, I did not have to spend hours on a chat as I did with MagicJack.

Try Ooma, you might like it.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you work for frickin ooma?
geez

kumar
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sligg1 wrote:
laserjobs wrote:
sligg1 wrote:
laserjobs wrote:

Hey Laserjobs, I've asked magicjack a thousand questions in Tech Chat and the answer was always the same, the techs all read from the same script. I have gone through six MJ devices , one worst than the other.

You buy a $40 item and you end up needing an engineering degree to hopefully get it to work. Just take a look at the size and number of complaints in the unofficial forum and that should tell you all you need to know about the reliability of MagicJack.

In contrast, Ooma has now been working for five weeks without one flaw. One call to a live tech support and one small problem was resolved. Just think, I did not have to spend hours on a chat as I did with MagicJack.

You have made 4 posts here and not one is a question regarding magicJack. I doubt you have even tried magicJack.
sligg1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laserjobs wrote:
sligg1 wrote:
laserjobs wrote:
sligg1 wrote:
laserjobs wrote:

You have made 4 posts here and not one is a question regarding magicJack. I doubt you have even tried magicJack.

Laserjobs, I go back to last July of 2007 with MJ. My two MJ numbers both in NYC:

718-713-4427 which refuses to boot no matter how much time I spend with Tech Chat.

646-727-9795 which works marginally with some glitches. With replacements I have used six MJ devices and only one worked.

I know it must be my "crappy" computer. Odd isn't it that Ooma, Sunrocket, Lingo, Vonage, all worked on my computer. Ah, but MagicJack, now there is a masterpiece of engineering.

I still say to you oh non-believer, try Ooma, there is a 30 day return at Best Buy. You have nothing to lose but your bias.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sligg1 wrote:
laserjobs wrote:
sligg1 wrote:
laserjobs wrote:
sligg1 wrote:
laserjobs wrote:

Laserjobs, I go back to last July of 2007 with MJ. My two MJ numbers both in NYC:

718-713-4427 which refuses to boot no matter how much time I spend with Tech Chat.

646-727-9795 which works marginally with some glitches. With replacements I have used six MJ devices and only one worked.

I know it must be my "crappy" computer. Odd isn't it that Ooma, Sunrocket, Lingo, Vonage, all worked on my computer. Ah, but MagicJack, now there is a masterpiece of engineering.

I still say to you oh non-believer, try Ooma, there is a 30 day return at Best Buy. You have nothing to lose but your bias.

First of all you have never tried to troubleshoot MagicJack here so I am very skeptical of you actually owning a magicJack. Second you only post about Ooma on a magicJack forum so you have some hidden agenda you are not disclosing.

BTW: Anyone who uses peer to peer calling like Ooma has to be nuts!!! Do you understand how Ooma works and the privacy and liability risks it puts users at?
neo2121
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now when you say doesn't boot what exactly do you mean like the softphone wont load? If so do you get the blue power light? Do you have it plugged into a 2.0 or 1.0 port. I have done some f**ed stuff to my MJ and have always managed to get it working again maybe we can trouble shoot your MJ and get them working so you dont have to waste 250 on that crap.
sligg1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laserjobs wrote:
sligg1 wrote:
laserjobs wrote:
sligg1 wrote:
laserjobs wrote:
sligg1 wrote:
laserjobs wrote:

First of all you have never tried to troubleshoot MagicJack here so I am very skeptical of you actually owning a magicJack. Second you only post about Ooma on a magicJack forum so you have some hidden agenda you are not disclosing.

BTW: Anyone who uses peer to peer calling like Ooma has to be nuts!!! Do you understand how Ooma works and the privacy and liability risks it puts users at?

Yes, I have a hidden agenda, I'm trying to get both my magicJack devices to work. I'm still using one magicJack with mixed results. I spent five hours with tech chat trying to get the other to work. Three techs and two supervisors and the result...zilch.

Apparently anyone that uses Ooma has to be nuts. Will someone explain why the following companies are now selling Ooma: Best Buy, Staples, Amazon, Buy.com, PC Nation, etc. Maybe the privacy and liability risks are exaggerated.

At least I own and have tried both MagicJack and Ooma. All you naysayers of Ooma, have you tried it? Are you not at least curious? There is a 30 day guarantee so what have you got to lose?
norml jack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guarantee? Is it like Dan Borislow's 30 day guarantee?
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's try troubleshooting those magicJack sligg
norml jack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooma is the Willy Wonka supported VOIP provider?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: