magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New option on my.magicjack.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyFreightTRAIN
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: New option on my.magicjack.com Reply with quote

Hey guys,

there's a new option on my.magicjack.com

Now if your magicjack is lost or stolen, you can discontinue service. Smile
momo
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz but do they give you another MJ or account to replace it?
or just say bye bye!
JohnnyFreightTRAIN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure... I'm pretty sure it's just "bye, bye" because it says that you are discontinuing your service.

I also wonder if you happen to find your old magicjack after you discontinued the service, if you would be able to reactivate it again...

Here's what there terms and service says (even though it probably hasn't been updated in forever, I guess we're still bound to whatever it says):

Quote:
Ownership and Risk of Loss of magicJack Device

You will own the magicJack device, but not the Software included on the device, which is licensed to you under this Agreement for a one year term, and bear all risk of loss of, theft of, casualty to or damage to the magicJack device, from the time it is shipped to you until the time (if any) when it is returned to us in accordance with this Agreement, or the warranty covering the magicJack device, if any, expires.

So they most likely won't give you a new one, unless you get lucky or they've changed their policy.
I have only read about other customers experiences with this and it doesn't look good.

I have heard that they make you pay full price for a new magicjack. Some people have reported being able to keep the same phone number they had before on their previous magicjack, and others have said that tech chat won't let them and says it's not possible.
If memory serves me correctly, most of those people who have said they could keep their old numbers also said they still did not get an extra year added to their old account, despite that they payed full price for a brand new magicjack which is included with a free year of service.

I think they should sell replacement magicjack's and a discounted price that doesn't register a new account and just lets you log into your existing one.

I guess if you ever find yourself in this situation, it would be best to contact tech chat before you register your new magicjack to see if you can keep your old number. If you purchased extra years on your old magicjack (that was lost or stolen), then you probably wont even be able to add those years to your new account even though you payed for it. At least, that's what some people have posted.
momo
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the more reason to have your SIP info Razz

mine is in my new toy (see sig)
PGPfan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Momo,

Could you elaborate on your 'new baby'? How did you get the info imported into the D-Link phone? I assume you've gotten it configured with MJ right?

Thanks in advance!

-PGPfan
neo2121

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done this with SMC wifi phone over at http://www.magicjackhacks.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: