magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NetTALK Duo $49.95 at Frys and Walmart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: NetTALK Duo $49.95 at Frys and Walmart Reply with quote

Frys Electronics
http://www.frys.com/product/6792695?site=sa:Homepage:Spot4
Walmart
http://www.walmart.com/ip/NetTalk-Duo-VoIP-Telephone-Service/15689187
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now NetTALK has it direct for $49.95+$9.95 shipping
https://buy.nettalk.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1
conniemadagain
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this and a 3000 max cap too ... Merry Christmas from Nettalk!

Twisted Evil

Opps ... fixed max cap!!!

Last edited by conniemadagain on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All this and a 3000 min cap too ... Merry Christmas from Nettalk!

Yeah; and now they are trying to sugar coat the $hi#. Laughing
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well NetTalk just sweetened the deal with free express shipping.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hummm let's see 2000 minute reduction in service per month with their recent change of TOS. How does that stack up with the current perks being offered?

Their excessive usage cap was 5000 and they simply reduced it to 3000 which is a 40 % reduction. (40% of $29.95 = $11.98/year or about $1/mo.)

By changing their TOS, they gained some wiggle room to offer perks.

It will be interesting to see if the ill will caused by their change in TOS and IMHO harsh method of enforcement; (switching anyone who goes over the limit once to pay by the minute, as I understand it) drives more folks to competitors than their perks attract or not.
tloe
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figures.. I just ordered one of these from Newegg about a week before this price reduction. They may have reduced the max minutes, but for me it's fine. The Duo works better than my MJ ever did, and I've had one since June 2008. I don't get weird dropouts or complaints about voice breakups and am quite happy with it. Also, calls to conference numbers aren't blocked and I don't have odd problems with toll-free lines as I did with the MJ. The MJ has worked decently, but I wanted something independent from my PC and now that I'm getting telemarketing calls on my MJ, that was the final nail in the coffin.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
now that I'm getting telemarketing calls on my MJ, that was the final nail in the coffin

And how is that MJ's fault ?
Did you sign up for the federal Do not call list ? Not that it always helps, but definitely reduces the number of telemarketing calls.
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never said it did not work GREAT!!! they do and CS is fantastic ...

but a 2000 minute drop is unacceptable to some including me as I paid for 5000 ... don't give a damn about the tos because when I paid it was 5000 ...

at my renewal the drop would then give me the chance not renew which I did on line 2 ... they lost money not me ... it was just pure luck that came at my renewal date ...

obi got the money and I am saving more with them ... Laughing

tloe wrote:
Figures.. I just ordered one of these from Newegg about a week before this price reduction. They may have reduced the max minutes, but for me it's fine. The Duo works better than my MJ ever did, and I've had one since June 2008. I don't get weird dropouts or complaints about voice breakups and am quite happy with it. Also, calls to conference numbers aren't blocked and I don't have odd problems with toll-free lines as I did with the MJ. The MJ has worked decently, but I wanted something independent from my PC and now that I'm getting telemarketing calls on my MJ, that was the final nail in the coffin.
[img][/img]
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone compared the new Magicjack Plus to Nettalk Duo. I really would like to know objectively the differences, because even though with the promo, I can get MJ Plus a little cheaper ($42 shipped) I don't like the fact that I kind of feel screwed by them because they wont let me transfer any of my remaining MJ credit over to the Plus.

Reading this now:

http://b2b-techcopy.net/2011/10/29/magic-jack-plus-vs-nettalk-duo-%E2%80%93-comparing-apples-to-apples/
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason i got nettalk was for the limited amount of faxing I do ... i can do it on the plus just as good ...

jeffnyc wrote:
Has anyone compared the new Magicjack Plus to Nettalk Duo. I really would like to know objectively the differences, because even though with the promo, I can get MJ Plus a little cheaper ($42 shipped) I don't like the fact that I kind of feel screwed by them because they wont let me transfer any of my remaining MJ credit over to the Plus.

Reading this now:

http://b2b-techcopy.net/2011/10/29/magic-jack-plus-vs-nettalk-duo-%E2%80%93-comparing-apples-to-apples/
tloe
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cell14 wrote:
Quote:
now that I'm getting telemarketing calls on my MJ, that was the final nail in the coffin

And how is that MJ's fault ?
Did you sign up for the federal Do not call list ? Not that it always helps, but definitely reduces the number of telemarketing calls.

It's not MJ's fault, but it was the final nail in deciding whether to keep it or not. For me, the Duo just works better and their account management website is professionally done and doesn't look cheaply thrown together. You can actually check your used minutes and the interface is easier to navigate. I used a MJ for years and it's been ok, but I've moved on to something better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: