magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Call Forwarding was disabled without notice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Am I wrong for wanting to recover bonified losses?
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
No
80%
 80%  [ 17 ]
Maybe
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

four2x4
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: My Call Forwarding was disabled without notice. Reply with quote

I have a marketing business that has been adversely affected by MagicJack's shutting down of my Call Forwarding feature. For nearly 3 weeks we couldn't understand why over 1/2 of our call volume was halted.

This honestly has caused us a loss of nearly $3,000.00 in revenue. I'm looking to find out at what level MagicJack is , or will be responsible.

Regardless of price, they have an obligation to offer and keep paid for services in place if paid in advance (which I paid for FIVE years).

Does anyone have any information regarding their Agent For Process of Service?
I'm in California, and will be putting together a Small Claims Complaint. I can easily prove my case. I just don't know what the outcome will be.
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right - GO FOR IT !!!
wgnweb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reyna: Hello, how may I help you?

WEB: I was trying to figure out why call forwarding disapeared and I have been reading that Magicjack is going to be charging for this service when it comes back. Is this true?

Reyna: Let me help you with that.

Reyna: I apologize however we do not have the exact information since the said maintenance is not yet done WEB.

WEB: That doesnt sound good.

WEB: That means pricing is being disucused.

WEB: When I purchased magicjack it said call forwarding was going to be included.

WEB: Now its been down for about 2 months with NO sign of when it will be back and no promise that it will be INCLUDED anymore.

Reyna: Please wait while I check that for you

Reyna: Thank you for waiting. As I have re checked here, yes WEB you are correct there is a charge for the said new call forwarding, however for now it is not yet accessible.

WEB: I thank you for checking on that.

WEB: However that is bad news.

Reyna: Thank you for your patience WEB. And I apologize if this has inconvenience you.

WEB: I bought my magicjack and it said it was included and free. Now they want to charge for it.

WEB: My service is up in November and I will be swtiching.

WEB: I know its not your fault but you can tell the people above you how disapointed I am.

Reyna: I understand how frustrating this issue has become WEB and I understand how you feel however since this chat is recorded your issue will be noted.

WEB: Ok thank you. Maybe it will help with future customers but for me this is my last week with magicjack. And as a person who has worked in IT for two decades and who has recommended magicjack to MANY MANY MANY individuals I will no longer be recommending it to anyone. As a mater of fact the one individual who just went out the other day and got magicjack for the first time, I will be telling him to box it up and send it back.

Reyna: I will understand WEB.

WEB: thank you for your time. And listening to me rant. Bait and switch is a BAD BAD BAD business model.
kedwards
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Check the Terms Of Service, which I assume you agreed to... Reply with quote

Take a look at http://www.magicjack.com/plus-v05/tos.html especially
17. Limitation of Liability and 24. Mandatory Binding Arbitration; Forum

Keith
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget what they say at the end of #17:
c&p:
"Some jurisdictions do not allow some of the exclusions or limitations as established above, so they may not apply to you. In that event, the liability will be limited as far as legally possible under the applicable legislation."
shushwap
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks as though nettalk still allows call forwarding
wen8044
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just installed my 5th MagJack only to find out I couldn't find call forwarding in menu so I came to this forum I find they are now charging, They didn't even notify me of any change. so far 3 of my MJ are still working on call forwarding, guess they are waiting till I renew but I got news for them, there are other services such as netTalk that still have all the features so I will be switching unless Magic Jack changes this for all the olderer customers but I doubt that happening as greed of money is on there there mind.
it's like everything else in life you find a good thing and in a small amount of time people get greedy and want more, in other words get what you can then set on your can. I will probably get refund on this newest MagicJack and buy nettalk
telcoman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try

https://web08.magicjack.com/my/call-forwarding.html & see if it works. It still does for me but CFD takes about 3 seconds for the call to cut through after answering and the caller id is always the same number.
schuma3955
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telcoman wrote:
Try

https://web08.magicjack.com/my/call-forwarding.html & see if it works. It still does for me but CFD takes about 3 seconds for the call to cut through after answering and the caller id is always the same number.
NO DOES NOT WORK THANKS ANYWAYS
schuma3955
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wen8044 wrote:
I just installed my 5th MagJack only to find out I couldn't find call forwarding in menu so I came to this forum I find they are now charging, They didn't even notify me of any change. so far 3 of my MJ are still working on call forwarding, guess they are waiting till I renew but I got news for them, there are other services such as netTalk that still have all the features so I will be switching unless Magic Jack changes this for all the olderer customers but I doubt that happening as greed of money is on there there mind.
it's like everything else in life you find a good thing and in a small amount of time people get greedy and want more, in other words get what you can then set on your can. I will probably get refund on this newest MagicJack and buy nettalk

BEEN A MAGIC JACK CUSTOMER SINCE LAST YEAR RENEWAL DATE IS MAY AND THEY CUT OFF MY CALL FORWARDING. I USED TO BE ABLE TO GET LIVE CHAT AND THEY WOULD LINK ME UNTIL I GOT A AGENT AND CALLED THEM STUPID Evil or Very Mad AND NOW I CANT GET ANY OF THE LIVE CHAT AGENTS TO LINK ME AND THEIR TELLING ME TO PAY 10.00 DOLLARS FOR A NEW NUMBER?
telcoman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schuma3955 wrote:
telcoman wrote:
Try

NO DOES NOT WORK THANKS ANYWAYS

Funny, still works for me.
Jacked_Up
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh crap just my luck, I specifically asked before making the purchase if I would be able to call forward. They said yes. I asked because I did not see it on the menu anymore. They sent me a link that did work, just like the above poster. Then a few minutes later I re-activated a jack to use for call forwarding to google voice number. (Google voice is not available where I needed and area code). Crap, looks like I am screwed! Link does not work now, go figure. They have no idea if it will be back and how long it may take. Looks like they are ready to can the feature all together? maybe it's not too late to get a refund? Crap.
telcoman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link still works for me. Maybe it is tied to your phone number
Jacked_Up
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telcoman - Thanks for sharing that info. Tried it again, just reverts to home page. Been trying it all day long, I bookmarked it as well which is what they suggested before I made the purchase.

Hmmm. Wonder if it may be an issue that comes into play when you have more than one device registered? Strange the drop down selection has gone missing all the sudden, doesn't look good.

Tech support offers the same canned response:

"We understand how important the magicJack call forwarding feature is. However, the feature is unavailable at this time. We don't presently have any further details about this matter. We do expect the feature to be available again in the near future. Please check our website periodically for updates."

Maybe there is still a chance it comes back. : )
telcoman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, I do actually have 2 devices registered as well.
NetAlien
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Call Forwarding is gone = so am I Reply with quote

Was about to make MJ my main provider & port 3 numbers over to existing MJPlus units; but that plan just went up in smoke with the disappearance of Call Forwarding -- along with my business.
Goodbye MJ!
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are definitely one confused company. I did not renew my service at the expiration date in the first few days of November. Now, almost TWO months later, as of yesterday anyway, my old number can still be called and forwarded to GoogleVoice. Go figure.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I did not renew my service at the expiration date in the first few days of November. Now, almost TWO months later, as of yesterday anyway, my old number can still be called and forwarded to GoogleVoice

2 months is a lot but I had about 6 weeks with my second dongle. With the first dongle I ported out the number, but still could make outgoing calls via the dongle for many weeks. A bit annoying because I had to wait till they disconnect them before I could sell them on Graig's list.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cell14 wrote:
I had about 6 weeks

I kind of rounded my 2 months, I'm not much past the 6 week time frame so maybe it will stop working soon.

Regardless, it's another example of a company with it's collective heads up it collective arses. Continuing forwarding way past the expiration of service, for someone who doesn't give a crap anymore, while dropping it for current customers who do want it.
Jacked_Up
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, feature is officially gone forever in my account, links don't help. I did figure out how to add recorded message of my own, which helps a bit. Anything but that ad for magicjack when voicemail picks up.

Then at least you can tell them try your other number in the voice message.
Before I thought we were stuck with the canned message: "magicjack customer..blah blah blah.. : ) Will probably phase out my old number next year, depending on what googlevoice decides to do- come end of year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: