magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MJ Ready Thin Clients on Sale Now From Just $55 Shipped!!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alpman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4rock -

Thank you...

Everyone -

All six TC's I listed on ebay are now sold out, thank you. I still have two of the $55 HP t5520 forum specials left, so grab 'em while you can. I'll post a few more on ebay in a day or two. I need to play catch-up before I do.
Alpman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$55 units are now out of stock, thank you everyone. A few pre-order customers have not paid their balance due nor answered email inquiries. If the balance due is not paid by Friday I will refund the deposits and make them available for sale once again. I'll keep you all posted...

I just listed two more $66 Neoware e100/CA10 TC's on ebay. Get them while you can. To check my listings, hit the WWW button below this post.

More $77 Neos to come soon...
SFORCES
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpman wrote:
$55 units are now out of stock, thank you everyone. A few pre-order customers have not paid their balance due nor answered email inquiries. If the balance due is not paid by Friday I will refund the deposits and make them available for sale once again. I'll keep you all posted...

I just listed two more $66 Neoware e100/CA10 TC's on ebay. Get them while you can. To check my listings, hit the WWW button below this post.

What's the differnt's between the three $55 $66 and $77?
Alpman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFORCES wrote:
Alpman wrote:

What's the differnt's between the three $55 $66 and $77?

$55 HP t5520 VIA 800Mhz CPU, 128mb RAM (fixed, not upgradable) 6GB MicroDrive now with XPe SP3. This is the bare minimum configuration and works very well for a dedicated mJ box.

$66 Neoware e100/CA10 VIA 800Mhz CPU, 128mb RAM (upgradable to 1GB) 6GB MicroDrive now with XPe SP3. Similar configuration as the t5520, but memory is upgradable and the case is a bit larger.

$77 is the same model as $66 but adds 256mb memory with XPe SP3 and pre installed bonus software, including Win7 Theme, IE8, WMP11, Outlook Express, Mozilla Firefox, FlashPlayer, Java, Foxit PDF Reader, QuickTime Player, ClamWin Free Antivirus, CCleaner, Defraggler, Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Powerpiont Viewers. Microsoft Update is also enabled. This is a good dual purpose machine for basic internet browsing and email.

All three models use a MicroDrive, allowing me to enable Pagefile (virtual memory) which is the primary reason these TC's will work with minimal memory requirements. Rock solid mJ performance and no "out of memory" errors. EWF is also disabled, allowing you to install software and take mJ updates without having to commit the changes to disk.

All three models also have TeamViewer installed and pre-configured for your remote monitoring needs. The unique ID and default password will be located on a sticker on the unit.

I hope this answers all of your questions. If there is anything further, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks...

EDIT - I forgot to mention the $77 TC also includes a vertical stand...

EDIT - All three models have been updated to XPe SP3!!!

Last edited by Alpman on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Alpman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$66 models are now sold out as well...that didn't last long, did it...which means I'm completely sold out of all models for now.

I'll try to get a some more ready by Friday. Thanks.
kptaylor
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Received the T5520 today.
Alpman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kptaylor wrote:
Thanks! Received the T5520 today.

You're welcome. I'm glad you received it so quickly. Post some feedback on mJ performance after you've played with it for a bit. I'm sure others would like to know how well it is working for you...
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to let you know that the thin client purchased from you is working great. Things have been busy so I just had a few minutes today to finally take the unit out of the shipping box and set it up.

I've never used a thin client before and thought that I might not remember the exact steps later so I decided to capture them here. These are the steps I followed in setting it up today with a magicJack and the Magicfeatures plugin:

1. Downloaded and installed the free Teamviewer remote access application (as per the instruction sheet you included with the thin client) onto my computer desktop.
2. Connected the thin client to the router and then powered it on.
3. Opened the Teamviewer application and remotely logged into the thin client via my computer.
4. The window that appeared on my computer screen was the desktop image from the thin client. It looked just like the desktop of any Windows XP computer. Awesome !!!
5. Plugged a magicJack into one of the USB ports on the front of the thin client and once it was initialized I placed a call to a landline phone. It worked !!!
6. Downloaded the new Magicfeatures plugin Release 1.05 to my computer and then used the Teamviewer file transfer facility to transfer a copy to the desktop of the thin client.
7. Double clicked on the Magicfeatures plugin setup installation icon and installed the application. It went straight in just like it does on a normal computer.
8. I double clicked on the Magicfeatures little phone icon and the feature dashboard opened.
9. I used the "View" feature of Teamview application to adjust and scale the remote access screen size view to a size that fits the computer screen I was using.
10. This time I made a call to the magicJack from a landline and the caller id name and number appeared on the phone display.
11. I restarted the thin client just to see if it would hold its own without any additional intervention when it came back up.
12. I waited for the thin client to finish restarting and then picked up the phone and dialed "98" to reach voice mail to make sure the Magicfeatures plugin automatically kicked back on after the restart. It worked !!!

The whole setup from the time I took it out of the box and went through all the steps above including tinkering around a bit was about 20-25 minutes.

Thanks for making the learning curve for using a thin client with a magicJack so short !!! What a cool setup !!!
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamviewer is drag and drop too ... sweet!!!
dz20854
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thin clients and USB power- see post below

Last edited by dz20854 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
ironman72
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Try a USB Y Power adapter Reply with quote

You can increase the power available to the MagicJack by using one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/USB-Power-Adapter-Y-Cable/dp/B000JIOHDE
dz20854
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thin clients and USB power:

(1) If I buy a thin client: a) more USB power will be available for the MJ (even without a power boost) since more of the USB's are unused, but I'll still probably have to buy the powered hub for whole house MJ use (and won't be able to share that hub with the main computer), b) ability to eliminate interference from the main computer's heavy use, c) save power, since main computer can be turned off when not in use.

(2) If I don't buy a thin client: a) I can buy the powered hub for my main computer to create enough USB power for whole house MJ use (and share the hub for other uses by the computer), but this won't reduce interference from the computer's heavy use, b) I won't be wasting the cost of a separate thin client and the extra power it uses, when my main computer is otherwise already on most of the time due to heavy use (eg- downloading).

I remember from years ago on this forum that the only power solution that people consistently liked was this powered hub recommended by MagicJack: http://windmilltrading.com/USBProds/4_Port_AC_Powered_USB_Hub_2000mA_HUB-4U2ABK.htm Use discount code magicjack in the shopping cart to get $3 off for a net price of $22.22 including shipping. I have no connection with windmilltrading.com, and here are some comments he emailed me regarding my questions:

How many phones can a magicjack support using your powered hub?

Depends on a few variables, the biggest one being the type of phones and their REN values. (Ringer Equivalency Number). The REN is roughly a guide of the load that a phone places on the network. An analog phone has an REN of about 0.8. The max that the phone company will allow you to hang on the PSTN (Public Service Telephone network) is 5.0 RENs. Above that, you'll overload the system and bad things happen. With MJ the max number of phones I've heard from anyone is about 4. But, again, it depends on the individual RENs. Another factor is the size and state of your HTN (Home Telephone Network). If your home is very large and very old, the internal wiring will make for a huge resistor that the MJ has to overcome. The larger and older your network, the harder it gets for MJ. This hub will especially help with these issues, because it provides the max amps that MJ can take. Keep in mind, by the way, that the max any one USB port can have is 500mA. The power supply to the hub provides 2000, divided by 4 ports - 500mA per port. A computer's USB port usually can only deliver about 200mA (the combined total shared between all the ports is between 500mA and 700mA). So you'll see this hub and the power supply really does make a big difference.

Will your powered hub lessen interference to the magicjack caused by heavy computer use (frequent downloading)?

No, this hub will not make any difference for those kinds of situations. If your computer is heavily taxed due to downloading the hub will not alleviate that situation.

Do you think a separate thin client would be a waste of money since you can just put the powered hub on the main computer?

Depends on how powerful the regular computer is. If it's on the edge and you use MJ then download stuff, or do photoediting (anything that taxes the CPU), yes a thin client is probably cheaper than buying a more powerful computer. You could also of course cleanup or upgrade the computer buy getting more RAM, defragging, refreshing the swapfile (deleting and recreating the swap file can make a HUGE difference if the swap file has become partly corrupted over time on an older computer). This hub will NOT fix any problems due to a poorly functioning or underpowered computer.

Would a dedicated thin client computer used only for magicjack need a powered hub?

Again, depends on the quality of the thin client. I have no personal experience with any of the thin clients out there, but my hunch is that they're not the most powerful and stable gizmos. I would venture to say that the hub will make a difference in both stability of the power supply given to the USB port and the actual power it can deliver.

ADD: I'm still putting off buying a USB hub or a thin client; I won't need either when magicjack comes out with an upgrade to compete with NetTalk's TK6000. Magicjack will have to compete, to survive.

Last edited by dz20854 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:01 am; edited 3 times in total
jp10558
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I don't see any of the clients on e-bay? I guess you're out of stock again... Sad
Alpman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have enough parts to put together a couple dozen units, including a few $55 pre-paid orders that dropped out, however I am traveling on business right now and will return on or about Jan 12. Please be patient, I will post an update when they are available again. Thanks...Greg
bryan9205868281
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: What is the OS Reply with quote

Hi, what is the OS that these come with? I'm interested in the T5520, but I was doing a little reading and noticed that the T5520 comes in Windows CE. Is that what the system that you make will come with? Just wanna make sure it will work when I get it because I will be taking it overseas with me. Thank you and pls, send me a link when they are available for ordering again. Thank you
DarkClown
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: TeamViewer vs. RDP Reply with quote

Alpman wrote:
I actually have enough parts to put together a couple dozen units, including a few $55 pre-paid orders that dropped out, however I am traveling on business right now and will return on or about Jan 12. Please be patient, I will post an update when they are available again. Thanks...Greg

May I ask, why do you remove RDP from your units only to replace it with an alternate remote control app?
macman4hire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Are your Thin Clients capable of running MJMD5?
2. Are your Thin Clients capable of running Sip Sorcery?
3. Can your Thin Clients be set up to turn on and off at preset times?
4. What is the average power consumption of one of your Thin Clients?

Thanks,
macman4hire
wease
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my TC from Alpman running.
is it normal to have to restart everything after a power outage?My power has been flickering on and off for a hour.It is now stable again but i had to turn off the TC and reboot it and then restart MJ.
Is this normal?
Thanks
telltom
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should restart on its own. Try disconnecting the power supply and then reconnect. It should restart.
FunkyBoss
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: TC received Reply with quote

I've had my TC from Alpman for a couple weeks now, so I thought I would post a mini-review of it. I picked up the $66 Neoware e100/CA10 VIA 800Mhz CPU, 128mb RAM (upgradable to 1GB) 6GB MicroDrive with XPe SP2 model. I wanted a low-cost, low-power solution to run my magicJack 24/7 without being on my normal PCs.

Initial Impressions:
Machine was exactly as advertised. I plugged it in, hooking up a monitor, mouse and keyboard for the initial setup. Then plugged in the magicJack. Within a couple minutes, the MJ software was installed and I was placing my first call. I then tried using the TeamView software to remote into the unit from another machine on my network. I got it to work, but didn't care too much for that particular remote software package. I've used VNC before, so I installed tightVNC instead. I did notice a very very tiny bit of lag when I started using the machine to install/uninstall software, and web browsing. I figured it was due to 128MB of RAM, so I picked up another 512MB (for around $10) and popped it in. That did the trick for me. Once booted, everything runs relly well. Though I must note that I never had any problems whatsoever with the MJ not working well because of any memory contraints. This was just my personal preference and overall pickyness. Wink

Pros:
- Alpman shiped it crazy fast. I think I had barely finished paying and he was sending shipping info. Kudos!
- Everything worked (literally) right-out-of-the-box. Just plugged in the MJ and started calling.
- Keeps the MJ and it's goofy software off of my regular PCs.
- Expandable memory.
- Works fine with the MagicFeatures plugin I purchased.
- For what it's worth, I have my MJ hooked into my whole house wiring, and it is powering a cordless-phone system, a corded phone, and 2 Dish Network DVRs. I get caller-id on all so far without problems. And with the MagicFeatures plugin, it's callerid with name. Very Happy

Cons:
- I couldn't plug the MJ into the back USB slot of the unit, because it sits so close to the ethernet network jack. So I ended up just plugging in the MJ dongle into the front of the TC. Oh well, not a big deal.
- Some things I'm used to in regular Windows XP are not available (by default) in the stripped down XPe. This won't be an issue for most folks, but I like to tweak things on my machines, such as the network machine name. But I can't figure out how to do it on this install. Not a big deal though.

Overall, I completely recommend using a TC for magicJack, and would definitely recommend ordering from Alpman.
telltom
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same machine and it works great. I too added 512 mb ram I had laying idle (can't help tinkering with stuff). I also put in a full copy of windows xp and stopped alot of the unnecessary services and deleted any unused programs. I also set Windows for best performance as opposed to best appearance. Since I now have plenty of ram, i set paging to zero. I works flawlessly along with teamviewer and a small program to do an automatic reboot once a week called Poweroff. I too recommend Greg for Thin Clients that run out of the box the right way, but again, I like to tinker and can't leave well enough alone.
Alpman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE - Sorry for the slow response time, I'm still out of town on business. I should be home on Sunday the 17th. I'll catch up on replies and get a few ready to ship for y'all then...thanks!
Skuterdude
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in one..........I've sent you an email...........
Alpman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back, finally!! Thank you for all your comments and requests. I'll be playing catch-up on messages and emails for the next couple of days, so please be patient. I should have some tc's available later today. I'll keep you posted...

For those of you that are receiving "memory could not be read" errors that the recent update appears to have caused, try setting the date to say 2008. I'm not quite sure why, but it seems to work, at least until a more permanent solution is found. Read more about this temporary solution here:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/memory-could-not-be-read-t8202.html
Alpman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'm going to have three $55 TC's available. They will also be updated to XPe SP3 to work with the most recent mJ update. PM me for payment details. Thanks.
Alpman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have five $66 and six $77 units available. They are not currently listed on ebay, but you can send payment via PayPal to the email in my signature and I will ship usually the next day. All configurations have now been updated to XPe SP3. Thanks.
rwhubert
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a microdrive? Is it a tiny hard drive, or is it flash meory that acts like a hard drive?
Alpman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a 1" hard drive utilizing the Compact Flash+ form factor. It is not flash based and therefore does not have limitations on the number of write cycles, so EWF can be disabled with no ill affects. Pagefile can also be enabled, allowing for stable performance with reduced physical RAM requirements.
Alpman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My XPe SP3 image is now complete!! If you purchased a MicroDrive based TC from me and are currently plagued with the dreaded "memory could not be read" issue I will upgrade your MicroDrive to SP3 at no charge. PM me for instructions. If you purchased a Flash disk based TC from me and are unable to take the recent mJ update, you may need an upgrade kit. See the following announcement...

I am now offering DIY kits to upgrade your TC to my custom built XPe SP3 image.

It will support the following models: HP 5125, 5135, 5145, 5520, and 5530 as well as most Neoware, TermTek, MaxSpeed/MaxTerm, VXL and WYSE TC's based on VIA chipsets with a minimum requirement of 400Mhz CPU and 128mb RAM. It does NOT support Transmeta, National Semiconductor or AMD based chipsets.

Most TermTek, MaxSpeed/MaxTerm, and VXL TC's use a CF Flash card and will only require you to replace the CF Flash with the MicroDrive. All other models will require an IDE to CF adapter and a 44 to 40 pin cable adapter.

I can offer a 6GB MicroDrive pre-loaded with my image for $25 shipped or the full kit (MicroDrive, CF adapter and cable pre-assembled) for $35 shipped. PM me with your TC make/model number and PayPal email address for payment instructions.

Basic instructions for the upgrade kit are quite simple. Disconnect power and open the case. Remove the Flash disk, plug in the 44 pin cable from the pre-assembled kit and route the cable to a suitable mounting location for the CF adapter/MicroDrive. TermTek, MaxSpeed/MaxTerm and VXL models that use a CF card should only require you to replace the CF card with the MicroDrive, so you can skip the whole mounting step. Replace the case and power the unit up without your mJ connected. The first boot will load the required drivers for your model and create a unique TeamViewer ID with a default Password of 123456. Double click the TeamViewer icon in the system tray to retrieve the ID and write it down for future reference. Reboot with your mJ connected and you'll be up & running once again!!!

Last edited by Alpman on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alpman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down to my last two $55 units. PM me if you are interested.

I also have my last two each of the $66 and $77 units listed on ebay. Click the WWW link below my signature for all of my current listings.

I will be receiving a small shipment on TermTek 3370's in this week as well. I'll let you know when they are ready...thanks.
Alpman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Neoware models are sold out. I still have two HP t5520's left for $55 ea. The TermTek's should be here this week as well. Thanks for all the support...
Alpman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one t5520 left...who will be the lucky one?

The TermTek's have not arrived yet and it may take a few days to get them up & running. I'll keep you posted. Thanks...
Alpman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One HP t5520 left for $55 Shipped

One HP t5530 (similar specs to 5520, better on-board video, smaller case plus hidden USB compartment great for WiFi adapter, six USB ports total) for $66 Shipped

Two TermTek 3370/1G's - 1Ghz VIA CPU, 256mb memory (upgradable to 512), four USB ports (two front/two rear), front mounted PS/2 and audio, very small form factor measure approx 2"X8"X9" - for $77 Shipped

These will go fast...more are on the way, but I'll be waiting for parts from China once again...thanks.
Alpman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only on TermTek left now...
mjb65
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Thin Clients Reply with quote

Alpman, any more TCs coming I would like one.
Alpman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...two t5520's, one t5530 and two TK3370's available right now. It looks like I'll be waiting for parts from China again, so these will be the last available until my shipment comes in about two weeks. Thanks.
rwhubert
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Neoware model e100 TC works fine. I connected a KB and mouse, and the ethernet cable to my gateway, then booted it up and loaded Teamviewer. Then I downloaded and ran the Teamviewer client on my main machine and logged into the e100 remotely. Finally, I plugged in the Majicjack and let it install itself. At first it didn't want to do its "update" and refused to run. I rebooted the TC and reconnected the MJ, and this time it worked. Presto, dialtone.

The Neoware is a tad slow for browsing the internet or doing email, but it runs the MJ fine. I plan to stick some more memory in it, which might speed it up a bit. I noticed in device manager that there were 3 unknown devices detected. I don't know what those are, but it does not seem to need them. Now I wish I'd waited on a Termtek, since they are smaller, but I'm pleased with the e100 and would recommend any of Alpman's products. They are a steal.
Alpman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...one t5520 and one t5530 still left and down to the last TK3370 also. PM me for payment details.

rwhubert -
Yes, more memory will speed it up a bit. There are two DDR slots on the mb. The three unknown devices should disappear after the next reboot. They are residuals of the mJ drivers that were loaded. Thanks for the vote of confidence...
mjb65
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: T-3370 Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick shipping and high quality product Alpman. Very fast TC and well setup. Any chance to get a backup microdrive?
Alpman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjb65 -

Page 4 of this thread will detail your MicroDrive backup options...available now.

All -

The TermTek's are sold out for now. The t5530 is now gone and only one t5520 remains. More to come as soon as I receive my parts shipment, but right now this is the only thin client I have available...PM or email me to confirm availability before sending payment, thanks.
Alpman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my parts shipment came in today from China, finally. So it looks like I'm back in business, at least for now...

I have five TermTek TK3370/1G's available for $77 ea including shipping and two HP t5520's available for $55 ea including shipping.

I also have two EBC3610 Single Board Computer thin clients for $99 shipped. They are configured with a VIA 667Mhz CPU, 256mb PC133 SODIMM memory (upgradable to 512) and a very quiet WD Scorpio 40GB 2.5" ATA100 laptop HDD running XPe SP3.

These are the smallest thin clients I have ever used. Measurements are approx 2-1/4"X5"X6-3/4". They are also easily overclockable to over 1Ghz in the BIOS, making them the fastest TC's I've ever used. They are extremely responsive even at stock speeds.

They also have an on-board CFII slot and a second ethernet port hidden beneath the back panel, making them very versatile for other projects such as a media/print server or a firewall.

This is the very first model mJ TC I ever built and sold and has been my favorite by far. They are very unique and almost impossible to come by. I've seen them listed on ebay, unmodified, no HDD and only 128mb of RAM selling for $150+.

I personally have run two of these TC's on my own mJ's and never had even a hiccup. This is by far the best buy of the lot and there are only two available, so get them while you can...

Only the TK3370's will be listed on ebay, so PM or email me for payment instructions on the other models...thanks!!
Alpman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down to two T3370's left. Still have two t5520's and two EBC3610's available as well. Thanks...
Alpman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one TK3370 left. Still have two t5520's and two EBC3610's. Get them while you can...

Next week I should have some TC3350's available. They are similar to the 3370's, but use a VIA 533Mhz CPU. I've used these in the past and they make for great stand alone mJ thin clients. They will be configured with 128mb ram and two front USB ports for $55 shipped and 256mb ram with two front and one rear USB port for $66 shipped. The $66 units will be available on eBay, but the $55 units will only be sold thru the forum, so PM me for details and pre-orders.

For very budjet minded individuals who don't mind a few cosmetics blemishes on their TC, I am now offering five HP t5520's for just $45 ea including shipping...yes, I said $45!! These are in good working condition but are scratch & dent units. All are the missing front trim bezel and some are missing the side trim bezels. They are configured and will perform the same as my other t5520's. A perfect solution if plan on stashing the TC where it is not visible. These units are available now and only to forum members. Order yours today, they won't last long. PM or email me for payment instructions...thanks!!

I've also posted the $45 t5520's in a seperate thread, but there are only five available total, not ten.

Last edited by Alpman on Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alpman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK3370's are sold out...thanks! All other quantities remain as above.
dynabros
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received my TK3370 in the mail today. Working great so far, thanks Alpman!
Alpman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received my newest shipment of TC3350's. See the descriptions two posts above. I have seventeen total, nine $55 units and eight $66 units. The $66 units are currently listed on ebay. PM or email me for payment instructions on the $55 units. Thanks!
donschjr
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to let anyone considering a TC know this is who I would buy from. I just installed his XPE SP 3 kit in my TC and I had an unusual setup with an added usb pci card and wanting to block an overloaded proxy and he was right there to help with getting working.
VoipDude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to get one, but the wife is limiting my toys right now Smile
Alpman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Don, very glad to help. I'm glad we were able to get it working for your application.

VoipDude-
Keep working on her. I'd love to set you up with one...
fnl164
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been have bandwidth issues with mj, do you think that the thin client will fix it? my ports are forwarded btw,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: