magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google Voice Dial Out using Sipsorcery (no computer needed)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steroids
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Google Voice Dial Out using Sipsorcery (no computer needed) Reply with quote

Hopefully this will help some others out to get inbound and outbound calling using Google Voice and Gizmo5.

1. Setup Google Voice account

2. Setup Gizmo5 Account

3. Add Gizmo5 to your phones in Google Voice

4. Set up an account at http://www.sipsorcery.com/

5. Add a SIP Account to connect your ATA or softphone

6. Add SIP Provider Gizmo5

7. Add dial plan (see http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/post46080.html#46080)

8. Change outgoing setting on your SIP account to dial plan created in step 7

Now you should be able to dial out using your Gizmo5 line
MagicDump
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep it does works, Aaron over sipsorcery.com implemented the code nicely.

You don't get a busy signal when you dial any number !!!
It rings until the other person picks up.

This is the beginning of the new Free calls generation.

Enjoy
digitize
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to give this a try but when I go the sipsorcery link I get a weird Microsoft window saying to install Silverlight. What I am supposed to do? Is this normal?
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

digitize wrote:
I was going to give this a try but when I go the sipsorcery link I get a weird Microsoft window saying to install Silverlight. What I am supposed to do? Is this normal?

Yes Sipsorcery is base on silverlight, so if you are working on Linux for now it is no way, just install sirverlight in your Windows computer.

Good luck
Guide_timothy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AM I missing something here ??? there is still that annoying 3 minute outbound limit right ???? Or did you guys figure a work around ???
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guide_timothy wrote:
AM I missing something here ??? there is still that annoying 3 minute outbound limit right ???? Or did you guys figure a work around ???

This way makes calls out using Google Voice not Gizmo5 so there is no time limit
antman1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steps 5 and 6 are unclear to me. I dont understand how to get Gizmo5 setup in sipsorcery (or if I am doing it right) and I dont understand how to set it up on the ATA.
joevv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Google Voice has a 3hr time limit. I could be wrong but I think I read that somewhere.
Joe

laserjobs wrote:
Guide_timothy wrote:

This way makes calls out using Google Voice not Gizmo5 so there is no time limit
Guide_timothy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW I set everything up correctly on sipsorcery and did the special Dial out plan and set up my ATA device I called my friend and we talked for like 15 minutes Laughing All you guys are awsome at this Wink Unfortunately I'm afriad its only a metter of time before Gizmo or goole voice blocks sipsorcery remember Magic Jack blocked them So lets enjoy it while it lasts Wink here is a picuture of the format and the SIP info i entered for the add sip provider part on sipsorcery

make sure on your ATA you put sip.sipsorcery.com port 5060 in all the proxy outbound register and all that then your good to go Wink and of course your sipsorcery user name and password only thing goes in your ATA on this setup is is your sipsorcery stuff you put your gizmo SIP settings when you loginto sipsorcery.com
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron has now put up a tutorial

http://sipsorcery.wordpress.com/2009/08/13/google-voice-app-tutorial/
Cablespider
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this but I'm as soon as I looked at my Gizmo history, I saw this:

Code:
Date (GMT)     Number     Rate/min     Duration     Price
12 August, 05:42 PM    +1-219-xxx-xxxx    $0.0190    00:01    $0.019
12 August, 05:41 PM    +1-219-xxx-xxxx    $0.0190    00:01    $0.019

I was calling my cell to test. Is this normal?
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cablespider wrote:

Code:

JFMuggs
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cablespider wrote:

Code:

Your SS dialplan is misconfigured and you are sending your outbound calls to Gizmo5 instead of Google Voice.
Cablespider
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup...the dialplan was jacked up. I used the simple plan from Aaaron's tut and I can call out. I verified the call change through SS and can see the GV #.

Now, I can dial out but not in. When calling my GV #, it goes to VM. Google history sees the call but the phone won't ring.

Thanks for the heads up on the dialplan.

Edit: I figured it out my dial in problem. When setting up the SIP Provider, the Register Contact defaulted to the owner name. The SIP Account name for my ATA is something else. Once I changed the RC to that, I could dial in fine. My bad.

Last edited by Cablespider on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
JFMuggs
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cablespider wrote:
Now, I can dial out but not in. When calling my GV #, it goes to VM. Google history sees the call but the phone won't ring.

Are you sure SS has a SIP registration with Gizmo5 and you don't have any forwarding in effect at Gizmo5?
antman1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think I have my RTP300 Setup correctly to use Sipcorcery. for the proxy I tried sip.sipsorcery.com and it failed to register. I tried proxy01.sipphone.com and it registers but I think it is connecting direct to Gizmo service. I would like my ATA setup to use Line1 for MagicJack and Line2 for my Google Voice account.
desidude2000
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, this works great for outgoing, but in order to achieve this on my pap2, i entered the sip credentials of sipsocery on line1 of my ATA. but what about incoming now? i used to have incoming on line1 of my ATA such that, it was

Code:
google voice -> gizmo5 -> ATA

(so i was using gizmo5 credentials on my line1).

how do you get BOTH incoming AND outgoing working on one line using the combination of GV+gizmo+sipsocery on a PAP2 on a single line?
agriffiths
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured out incoming on PAP2. Register only one line directly with Sipsorcery and get both in and out calls on that line.

I only have the gizmo5 sip account registered at SC. No other trunks. Part of this might be unnecessary, but this is what is working...

Follow the instructions in the beginning of the thread.

After signing up to sipsorcery, go to the original Sip Account, the one with the same name as your login for sipsorcery, and click it to Edit.
Tick the box that says Keep Alives.
For Out Dial Plan, choose the Default Dial Plan
For In Dial Plan, choose the blank box, so it says nothing. Save.

Next, this is the part I'm not sure is necessary, I created a second Sip Account, set up the same way as 1st, just diff name and/or password. Same dial plans for both.

Finally, Dial Plan. You should have no other dial plans except Default. No other ins or outs.
Default Dial Plan should be:

sys.Log("starting dialplan...")
sys.GoogleVoiceCall("[email protected]", "Gizmo5password", "1747612xxxx", "#{req.URI.user}")
sys.Log("Sorry, Google Voice Call failed.")

set up very simply to register to sipsorcery, with Original Sip Account, the one that's the same as you sipsorcery login

Only changes I made were:

Proxy: sip.sipsorcery.com
Register Expires: 180
User ID: name of 1st SIP acct on Sipsorcery
Password: the pass you created for this sip acct on sc
Stun Server: stun.ekiga.net
newwonder01
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the purpose of second sipsorcery account and where you are using it. I am getting busy tone when I am dialing from Innomedia ATA device.
drecha
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Checking Voicemail Reply with quote

Can someone provide details on how to setup the Sipsorcery dial plan so that GV voicemail can be checked directly from the phone. I have the GV / Gizmo / Sipsorcery Deal running great on an ATA, but can't get into the voicemail when I dial my own GV number?
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
###################################################
######## OUTBOUND CALL FROM GOOGLE VOICE ##########

#Logic for routing outgoing calls.
sys.Trace = false
case req.URI.User
when /^619/                                                                      # Calling a 619 number in Ca will show my GV number
   sys.Log(" Dialing USA #{req.URI.User} through Google Voice service\t")        # for Coronado Ca!!
   sys.Log("*****************************************************\n")           
   sys.GoogleVoiceCall("[email protected]","GV1_Pass","1747XXXXX06","1#{req.URI.User}")
when /^815/                                                                      # Calling a 815 number will show my Chicago Gv Number
   sys.Log(" Dialing USA #{req.URI.User} through Google Voice service\t")
   sys.GoogleVoiceCall("[email protected]","GV2_Pass","1747XXXXX00","1#{req.URI.User}")
when /^1(800|866|877|888|747)\d{7}/                                              # G5 allows free Toll-Free calls including
      sys.Dial("#{req.URI.User.to_str[0,11]}@Gizmo5")                            # 747 (Dialing a 1+ number)
    when /^(800|866|877|888|747)\d{7}/                                           # G5 allows free Toll-Free calls including
      sys.Dial("1#{req.URI.User.to_str[0,10]}@Gizmo5")                           # 747(Dialing just 10 Dig)
when /^411/                                                                      # G5 allows free 411 calls
      sys.Dial("411@Gizmo5")
when /^7865551212/                                                               # My Main GV account Number (Calling this Number
   sys.Log(" Dialing USA #{req.URI.User} through Google Voice service\t")        # using a differentGV account will give me access to
   sys.Log("*****************************************************\n")            # my Voice Mail, just hit * + pin after the system answer.
   sys.GoogleVoiceCall("GV3_UserName","GV3_Pass","1747XXXXX30","#{req.URI.User}")

when /^/                                                                         # This will be my main GV account it is the only account
   sys.Log(" Dialing USA #{req.URI.User} through Google Voice service\t")        # reg with SS. All the others G5 Accounts will be
   sys.Log("*****************************************************\n")            # forwarding to my SS Account.
   sys.GoogleVoiceCall("[email protected]","Main_GV_Pass","1747XXXXX99","#{req.URI.User}")

else                                                                             # This Part of the dial plan wont be neccesary
    #Route Outgoing Via Dialer Length                                            # if you only dial 10 Dig.

dialer_length = req.URI.User.Length.to_s

case dialer_length
        when /^10/                                                               
       sys.Log(" If 10 digits, add the 1 and dial provider.\t")
       sys.Log("--------------------------------------------------------------------------\n")
       sys.GoogleVoiceCall("[email protected]","Main_GV_Pass","1747XXXXX99","1#{req.URI.User}")
    when /^11/
       sys.Log(" If 11 digits, dial provider.\t")
       sys.Log("--------------------------------------------------------------------------\n")
       sys.GoogleVoiceCall("[email protected]","Main_GV_Pass","1747XXXXX99","#{req.URI.User}")
    end

end
drecha
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Voicemail Calling Reply with quote

This still does not work.....when I call my Main GV Number user the GoogleVoiceCall fron another GV number it dials and I can here the beep which indicates an incoming call waiting signal. But I think there is a way to dial and get directly into the mailbox.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Voicemail Calling Reply with quote

drecha wrote:
This still does not work.....when I call my Main GV Number user the GoogleVoiceCall fron another GV number it dials and I can here the beep which indicates an incoming call waiting signal. But I think there is a way to dial and get directly into the mailbox.

Create a rule so that when you dial your GV number it goes out using Gizmo5 (call limited to 3 min).
drecha
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did that using this:

when /^18885551212/ then sys.Dial("Gizmo")

but if just rings once and then gives busy tone. Any suggestions?
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drecha wrote:
I did that using this:

when /^18885551212/ then sys.Dial("Gizmo")

but if just rings once and then gives busy tone. Any suggestions?

Did you turn Google Voice Calling ON in your Gizmo5 account?
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Post.
Deleted

Last edited by Josemiami on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Gizmo5 wont let you get access to your own Gizmo phone it is block.
the only way to do it is the way I have posted. Just use a different set of G5 + GV number .
You don't have to register this set with SS, and the call is free and unlimited because you can call any phone number, and this number just happen to be your own main GV number wish is register with SS. you can use the same SIP phone, Soft phone or PAP2T to dial. Because is going out using a different Set Observe in my dial plan I am using various GV numbers for different purposes , only your main GV number must be register with Sipsorcery.

In this case when you dial 7865551212 (my main GV number), Sipsoucery will use my other set of GV + G5 (not registered with SS, to call my number, once is connected the phone will ring 4 times and GV will answer then I have to press * + my pin and it will grant me access to my Voice mail, you dont have to register any of your GV numbers with Gizmo 5. not the call will not be limited to 3 min.

Code:
when /^7865551212/                                                             
  Sys.Log("*****************************************************\n")           
   sys.GoogleVoiceCall("GV3_UserName","GV3_Pass","1747XXXXX30","#{req.URI.User}")
drecha
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this and it works, but you will hear the extra call waiting tones during the 4 rings before your greeting starts. Now, maybe it's better to use the Gizmo5 voicemail which I can access directly from my main GV account registered with SS.......but how do I setup an incoming dial plan to first ring my main GV account for about 10 seconds and if not answered, then forward to my Gizmo5 voicemail...! I'm just thinking it may be better to use the Gizmo5 voicemail instead of the GV voicemail.

Here's what I tried.....but I can't get the incoming dialplan to work. What am I missing?????

if sys.In then sys.Dial("#{sys.SSAccount}@local", 10)

else sys.Dial("1747xxxxxxx@Gizmo")
end

Does something go before this?
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should not put anything for your incoming plan, just keep it blank in order to make calls from Google Voice as per SipSorcery, I have not tried any incoming dial plan yet but Aaron suggested to leave blank.
slappydan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there some trick to getting your gizmo5 number verified in google voice? I click the verify button in google voice, but the call never comes into my gizmo 5 software
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slappydan wrote:
Is there some trick to getting your gizmo5 number verified in google voice? I click the verify button in google voice, but the call never comes into my gizmo 5 software

Yes just make sure when you add your G5 number to your GV account, you set it as Gizmo not as cell, home or works. you should be able to get your confirmation call.
And if you sip phone is register @ Sipsorcery make sure you forward yor G5 number to your SS account, Gizmo 5 will forward any sip call for free.
so you go into the your Gizmo 5 account and forward all calls to your [email protected].

I hope it help
synchron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josemiami wrote:
You should not put anything for your incoming plan, just keep it blank in order to make calls from Google Voice as per SipSorcery, I have not tried any incoming dial plan yet but Aaron suggested to leave blank.

If I don't have the following incoming logic in sipsorcery, then it doesn't work and I get a fast busy when dialing out using sys.GoogleVoiceCall():

Code:

if sys.In then
  # Do your INCOMING call processing customisations here.
    if sys.IsAvailable() then
       sys.Dial("#{sys.Username}@local",30)
       sys.Dial("Enter Number@Gizmo5",30)
       sys.Respond(480, "#{sys.Username} Not available")
    else
    end

else
  # Do your OUTGOING call processing customisations here.
end

Synchron Cool
slappydan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josemiami wrote:
slappydan wrote:

Yes just make sure when you add your G5 number to your GV account, you set it as Gizmo not as cell, home or works. you should be able to get your confirmation call.
And if you sip phone is register @ Sipsorcery make sure you forward yor G5 number to your SS account, Gizmo 5 will forward any sip call for free.
so you go into the your Gizmo 5 account and forward all calls to your [email protected].

I hope it help

Thanks. I'm thinking it could be a problem with the firewall at work, I'm going to try again when I get home.
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synchron wrote:
Josemiami wrote:

If I don't have the following incoming logic in sipsorcery, then it doesn't work and I get a fast busy when dialing out using sys.GoogleVoiceCall():

Code:

if sys.In then
    else
    end

else
end

Synchron Cool

This logic will work without an incoming dial plan:

Code:
####################################################
######## OUTBOUND CALL FROM GOOGLE VOICE  ##########
sys.Trace = false
sys.Log("call from #{req.Header.From.FromURI.ToString()} to #{req.URI.User}.")
if sys.In
end
   else
sys.GoogleVoiceCall("GV_UserName", "GV_Password", "1747XXXXX99", req.URI.User.to_str)
   end

Quote:
Aaron
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi David,

Your dialplan looks to be missing a few ends so I'd expect you're getting a syntax error.

You could try changing your dialplan to:

Code:

case req.URI.User
when /^911$/ then sys.Dial("sipgate")
else sys.GoogleVoiceCall("email","password","my_GIZMO5_#","#{req.URI.User}")
end

Quote:
For your incoming calls you don't need a dialplan the default behaviour of sipsorcery will forward the calls to your registered accounts without the need for one. Just make sure the incoming dialplan setting si blank on your SIP account.

Regards,

Aaron

As Per Aaron

There is this dial plan without incoming neither all working:

Code:
######## OUTBOUND CALL FROM GOOGLE VOICE ##########

#Logic for routing outgoing calls.
sys.Trace = false
case req.URI.User
when /^/                                                                         

else                                                                             
    #Route Outgoing Via Dialer Length                                           

dialer_length = req.URI.User.Length.to_s

case dialer_length
        when /^10/                                                               
       sys.Log(" If 10 digits, add the 1 and dial provider.\t")
       sys.GoogleVoiceCall("[email protected]","Main_GV_Pass","1747XXXXX99","1#{req.URI.User}")
    when /^11/
       sys.Log(" If 11 digits, dial provider.\t")
    end

end
synchron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josemiami wrote:

This logic will work without an incoming dial plan:

Code:
######## OUTBOUND CALL FROM GOOGLE VOICE  ##########
sys.Trace = false
if sys.In
end
   else
sys.GoogleVoiceCall("GV_UserName", "GV_Password", "1747XXXXX99", req.URI.User.to_str)
   end

OK, I can comment out all the if sys.In logic (like what is stated above) and GV dialing out will work but without the incoming logic, anyone calling my GV number will go to voice mail and my ATA phone won't ring. It needs the logic specifying my registered G5 provider entry in sipsorcery in order to ring the phone, specifically the check for if sys.IsAvailable(). This assumes the G5 account was created with all the defaults, i.e. no forwarding to [email protected], etc.

Synchron Cool
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synchron wrote:
Josemiami wrote:

Code:

if sys.In then
    else
    end

else
end

Synchron Cool

synchron, may be this will help you, just do the changes for your dial plan.

jvwelzen wrote:
Hi

First I recommend to start testing with only a out dialplan

If your outdialplan is working you can start testing with a in dialplan

make sure you created 2 dialplans one for in and one for out

In your In dialplan you should change
Code:

if sys.IsAvailable()
        sys.Dial("magicyes@local&006684123456@smslisto", 35)     
         sys.Dial("sip:[email protected]")
      else

sys.Dial("006684123456@smslisto", 35)
        sys.Dial("sip:[email protected]")
      end

to

Code:

if sys.IsAvailable("magicyes","sipsorcery.com") then
        sys.Dial("magicyes@local&006684123456@smslisto", 35)     
         sys.Dial("sip:[email protected]", 30)
sys.Respond(486, "User Busy")
else
        sys.Dial("006684123456@smslisto", 35)
        sys.Dial("sip:[email protected]", 30)
sys.Respond(480, "Not available")
end
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sipsorcery site and system are down as in now.
VoipDude

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's back up again Smile
slappydan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody have instructions on setting up a MTA6328-2re with the SIP sorcery info? I've tried, and I can't get it to register.
synchron

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slappydan wrote:
Anybody have instructions on setting up a MTA6328-2re with the SIP sorcery info? I've tried, and I can't get it to register.

That's the ATA I have (kept it when Vonics went oob). Pretty straighforward with entering the same un/pw with what you log on the web at the sipsorcery website. The server and domain under SIP Proxy is just sip.sipsorcery.com and the local signaling is port 5060. This is enough to get you registered and a green Voip light (although your phone won't ring yet and your dial outs wil produce a fast busy).

The challenge with sipsorcery is the dialplan you pick and how you set it up on the Silverlight website. Click the blog button on the main page to get in on all the proper instructions.

Synchron Cool
synchron

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VoipDude wrote:
It's back up again Smile

Yeah things are working, my ATA and Voip light was back online and the website is working but the Siptraces are not getting through to my email yet. Minor caveat but I hope this works again as it was a nice feature to have.

Synchron Cool
slappydan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

synchron wrote:
slappydan wrote:

That's the ATA I have (kept it when Vonics went oob). Pretty straighforward with entering the same un/pw with what you log on the web at the sipsorcery website. The server and domain under SIP Proxy is just sip.sipsorcery.com and the local signaling is port 5060. This is enough to get you registered and a green Voip light (although your phone won't ring yet and your dial outs wil produce a fast busy).

The challenge with sipsorcery is the dialplan you pick and how you set it up on the Silverlight website. Click the blog button on the main page to get in on all the proper instructions.

Synchron Cool

Thanks, I'll try again.
dan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone got this working with Asterisk/trixbox instead of using an ATA that would be really nice to do. I messed around with it and get the all circuits busy..
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asterisk has his own version.

http://nerdvittles.com/?p=635
dan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea I seen that with the briding of the calls in a parking lot. I have not have a few others been able to get it to work.. I did get sip sorcery to work via an ATA but I have to use an FXO card just to use it with trixbox. sip Sorcery should be able to work via trunk configs I just cant seem to get the correct settings. It will register but when calling out I get all circuits are busy
slappydan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

synchron wrote:
slappydan wrote:

Synchron Cool

I still can't get my ATA to register, I about ready to give up on it
synchron

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slappydan - not sure I can help you much more. Were you able to ever get the same ATA to work with mj and mjproxy? Or just with the regular SIP credentials prior to 06/09?

BTW, looks like after a couple of short outages this week with the sipsorcery server and website, Aaron has ceased allowing new accounts and to check back in a couple of weeks. Since Silverlight is the main engine running the sipserver and the website, I'm not surprised SS went into overload now that there have been so many new accounts since GV started going into full force recently. I'm convinced many of those accounts came from right here at mjsupport.

Synchron Cool
slappydan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

synchron wrote:
slappydan - not sure I can help you much more. Were you able to ever get the same ATA to work with mj and mjproxy? Or just with the regular SIP credentials prior to 06/09?

BTW, looks like after a couple of short outages this week with the sipsorcery server and website, Aaron has ceased allowing new accounts and to check back in a couple of weeks. Since Silverlight is the main engine running the sipserver and the website, I'm not surprised SS went into overload now that there have been so many new accounts since GV started going into full force recently. I'm convinced many of those accounts came from right here at mjsupport.

Synchron Cool

I never tried with mjproxy, but I did have it working prior to 6/9. I'll keep playing with it, but I'm pretty much resigned to using the dongle.
synchron

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r u certain you can currently successfully log on to sipsorcery website using microsoft silverlight?

Synchron Cool
slappydan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synchron wrote:
r u certain you can currently successfully log on to sipsorcery website using microsoft silverlight?

Synchron Cool

Yeah, I'm able to log into the website. Maybe I have the settings wrong on there, but I've double checked them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: