magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

email from Dan after I bought MJ+ at $34.95

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toyfountain
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: email from Dan after I bought MJ+ at $34.95 Reply with quote

Looks like they don't know yet that I bought it already.
Quote:
Dear *************

I am offering my newest invention, the magicJack PLUS, to our existing customers first. I wanted to make sure my loyal customers could be rewarded and be first in line. No doubt, most of you will want the option to continue using the magicJack as you have (with a computer), or now just plug into the wall and internet (without the computer) - it's your choice and so easy to use as always. The new magicJack PLUS is the same size as the old one, and it is basically a computer/system on a chip. Our chip developer Dr. YW Sing really outdid himself this time.

The magicJack PLUS will be in Radio Shack first followed by Walmart for $69.95. It will contain everything you need and the first year of service will be free. You will be able to use the same number you had before or you can even port a number to the new magicJack PLUS. You will not be able to transfer your old plan to the new magicJack PLUS. That is just one reason why we are offering a 48 hour special to buy the magicJack PLUS at half price. The price right now is $34.95. This price will not last and I wanted to make sure you knew that. This price is less than what we sell it to retailers for. This is not a gimmick, it is truly my way of saying Thank You for being a loyal customer. To make sure you continue to Love my company and always be totally satisfied with us, you will have a FREE 30 day trial period. The offer is on a first come first served basis. We have sold over 7 million magicJacks and we only have 200,000 new magicJack PLUS to offer. After ! that, you will have to wait about 60 days more to get yours.

The reviews for the magicJack PLUS by bloggers and reporters have been so positive. It makes me very proud for them to rave about the call quality and ease of use.

Thanks for being a great customer.

Dan Borislow
CEO magicJack, Inventor and Founder
TheMagicHasFaded
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did you buy your MJ+, did you buy it from the softphone panel promo, when did you get this email, and how long after you bought did you get this email? How is that for a bunch of questions! I ask because I have been promised twice in the past week that I would "soon receive an email with the promo price offer of $34.95" but nothing has shown up yet.

In this email, was there a link to purchase or other instructions on how you would go about buying using this offer?

Thanks.
toyfountain
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMagicHasFaded wrote:

When did you buy your MJ+,
Nov 24
did you buy it from the softphone panel promo,
yes
when did you get this email,
Dec 6
and how long after you bought did you get this email?
Nov 24 to Dec 6, registered the MJ+ Dec3
How is that for a bunch of questions! I ask because I have been promised twice in the past week that I would "soon receive an email with the promo price offer of $34.95" but nothing has shown up yet.

In this email, was there a link to purchase or other instructions on how you would go about buying using this offer?
it links to
http://www.magicjack.com/action/land_HalfOff.html?adVersion=EM&landVersion=50&accountid=xxxxxxxx
where the xxxxxxxx is your account(offer?) id number, once clicked it takes you to a login page ( not the usual one). The is number is not located anywhere in the regular MJ.com logged in pages. I guess it's assigned by MJ for each unique offer. If clicked without the id number it redirects to a sorry page.

Thanks.
TheMagicHasFaded
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the fast reply and update!
rexlan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lose all of your pre-paid service when you switch - right?
kleeb
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The prepayment stays with the original mJ account, hence you must use it on the original mJ. As Dan's email said, you can't move the credit over to the new mJ+.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two MJ accounts, or exactly one existing and one which would expire in a few days but I ported the number away from MJ.
Interestingly, I received the same e-mail, but only for the expiring account !
Not for the one which is still good through april, I checked the e-mail because it is connected to a different e-mail address.
Apparently, only customers who are in process of leaving or just left get this offer, while suckers with still 5 months to do not. Good old Dan.
Rolling Eyes
edknn
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the same email today. Funny thing is I bought the plus in oct and never had the original. My son-in-law who has the original and wants to upgrade keeps waiting for his offer.
toyfountain
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cell14 wrote:
I have two MJ accounts, or exactly one existing and one which would expire in a few days but I ported the number away from MJ.
Interestingly, I received the same e-mail, but only for the expiring account !
Not for the one which is still good through april, I checked the e-mail because it is connected to a different e-mail address.
Apparently, only customers who are in process of leaving or just left get this offer, while suckers with still 5 months to do not. Good old Dan.
Rolling Eyes

If you're a gambling man you could try to purchase MJ+ and when it comes to the registration, login with the other account you prefer. I'd be very surprised if they could track which serial number they ship for which account. One the first questions asked is whether the MJ+ was purchased through the web site/soft phone or a store.

I had just renewed for one year on Nov 17 and my $34.95 offer came on Nov 24. I was nowhere close to leaving. I considered Nettalk but they are extremely evasive on which area codes and local numbers are available in Canada. Nettalk is $80 in Canada, same price for service. MJ+ for $35 with first year of service included was a no brainer even after having just renewed the MJ for a year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: