magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connecting MJ on iMac gives error that drive is not readable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilcoxkrew
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Connecting MJ on iMac gives error that drive is not readable Reply with quote

I am getting the message

"The disk you inserted is not readable by this computer."

I am using an iMAC running MAC OS X 10.5.4 with a 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

The MJ works fine on my Windows XP Laptop and has been upgraded. I could not get it to work on the MAC before or after the upgrade. I have spent about 8 hours chatting with Tech Support who has directed me to ERASE the MJ numerous times in different formats. They have told me three times that the engineers would email me within 24 hours and no one ever does. I know there are people out there with MACs using it successfully. I purchased mine in March 2008 and don't know if I got a lemon or what. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Donna
DaveC
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna,
The problem does seem to be with format. You might try this, if you haven't already:

1. Launch Disk Utility
2. Click on "MagicJack Media" drive (not the "PHONE" volume)
3. Click on the Partition tab
4. Click on the drop-down menu that says "Current" and choose "1 Partition"
5. Type PHONE (all caps) in the Name field
6. Choose "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" from the Format drop-down menu
7. Click the Options button and click on the selection called "GUID Partition Table" from the pane that pops up and click OK.
8. Click the Apply button.
9. After Disk Utility is done, quit.
10. Unplug MJ and wait 30 seconds.
11. Plug in MJ.
12. See what happens.

Bonne chance,
Dave
texano
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Formatting Reply with quote

I followed your instructions you gave to the other post, but all that did was erase the drive.
cathyrusia
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: I was trying for months! and I Make it!!! Reply with quote

I have mac 10.5.6
Went to Disk Utility
The Click con Erase Tab, and click Erase in the bottom
I will erase the drives
Disconnect the USB port for 30 sec and connect again
If still doesn't work ask them for the upgrade setup in dmg (make sure dont sent you the exe)

The you have to install it and It has to work!
I did it today before 3 o 4 month trying for the right person con Chat Live at magicjack web page
texano
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Live Chat Reply with quote

It seems their live chat hasn't been working in a while. I've tried connecting with their chat for over a week and all I get is a loop from one web page to another. Does anyone know if they've stopped support with live chat?
toon guy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Live Chat Reply with quote

texano wrote:
It seems their live chat hasn't been working in a while. I've tried connecting with their chat for over a week and all I get is a loop from one web page to another. Does anyone know if they've stopped support with live chat?

I just did a live chat w/MJ support a few days ago.
texano
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Live Chat Reply with quote

I was finally able to get a live chat. I went to where you do a search. There's a link there to the right of a "new search" stating that if you were not satisified with the answer, to click here to speak with a live agent representative. That link finally worked for a live chat session.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: