magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cell Phone RINGS MJ+, VoIP does not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobrain
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Cell Phone RINGS MJ+, VoIP does not. Reply with quote

When someone calls me from a landline (traditional) or cell phone -- my phone rings and all is well. When someone calls me from a VoIP phone (time warner, vonage, etc) the phone does not even ring here and for them it does not even go to voicemail.

While the phone is ringing on their end (supposedly calling me) I can pick up my MJ+ phone and get a dial tone!?

Anyone else having trouble with MJ+ receiving phone calls from VoIP phones? Mine is plugged into the router -- yea, I also get the "Error 23" problem. I am starting to think this is garbage!
nobrain
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: My chat with top 10% support. Reply with quote

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Eileen'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK5540196####X

Chris: MJ+ continuously fails with "Error 23". A google search shows many people have this problem and you are not doing anything to fix it. Can I assue this is tru

Eileen: Hello, how may I help you?

Chris: Can I assume this is true and that I have been sold garbage?

Eileen: We can address that issue but first can I have your magicjack number please?

Chris: ###-###-####

Eileen: I will be right with you.

Eileen: When this issue started?

Chris: I made one call. Tried to make a second and "Error 23"

Chris: I unplugged the MJ+ plugged it back in and it worked.

Chris: Then, hour later "Error 23".

Chris: Unplugged, worked.

Chris: I want a product that WORKS not one I have to constantly unplug and re-plug to get it to work for a little while.

Eileen: Try to plug and plug it again this time.

Eileen: We will do some upgrade on it.

Chris: To what firmware?

Chris: It is plugged in.

Eileen: Please click the link to download and run the magicJack upgrade:

Eileen: http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/magicJackSetup.exe

Chris: What firmware version is this?

Eileen: It is for the upgrading only. Did you try to click that one?

Chris: What does for the upgrading only mean?

Eileen: We are trying to solve the "error 23" issue.

Chris: ANy idea when it will be solved?

Eileen: If you follow the steps correctly we have a chance to solve it.

Chris: What are the steps?

Eileen: Try to plug and plug it again this time..

Chris: ok

Eileen: Please click the link to download and run the magicJack upgrade:

Eileen: http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/magicJackSetup.exe

Chris: I alread got that. I am asking what this upgrades the firmware to? What version?

Eileen: Try to place call afterwards.

Eileen: One moment please...

Eileen: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Ayla'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554019623737X

Ayla: Hi this is Ayla from the higher level of support. Let me assist you with your concerns.

Ayla: I read that you were having error 23 when the magicjack plus is setup without a computer, is this correct?

Chris: yes

Chris: me, and many others

Ayla: is your magicjakc plus setup without a computer now?

Chris: I have an original MJ, the reason I got a MJ+ is for the no-computer element

Ayla: okay, can you try to plug in your magicjack plus to the USB port of your computer for the moment so that we can check

Chris: will it install anything on my computer?

Chris: it is plugged in.

Ayla: is the dial pad up?

Chris: no, because I have not installed it on my computer.

Ayla: Is the magicjack plus already plugged in to the USB port of this computer now?

Chris: Product Version: 2.0.0.296

Ayla: Please click the link to download and run the magicJack upgrade:

Ayla: http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/magicJackSetup.exe

Chris: I have that -- what will it do?

Chris: Will it install something on my computer?

Ayla: It will just launch the magicjakc dial pad

Chris: it is launched

Ayla: okay

Ayla: On your magicJack, click menu and volume/headset control then on the "choose your device", select telephone.

Chris: And YES, it installed on my computer. I don't appreciate being misled.

Chris: Already selected.

Ayla: okay, please unplug your magicjack plus and set it back without a computer

Chris: and what was supposed to have been achieved?

Chris: Aside from software being installed on my computer when you said it would not.

Ayla: try to place a call to check if the error 23 is still there

Chris: no, it is not

Chris: but this is meaningless

Chris: since I can always unplug it, plug it back in and the code is temporarlity gone.

Ayla: What we did helps to fix the issue Chris.

Chris: What did we do?

Chris: "helps to fix" or FIXES the issue?

Ayla: Setting telephone on the magicjack plus dial pad menu will now recognize the telephone when the magicjack plus is plugged in to the wall outlet now and will not give the error 23 again

Chris: It was already set. But ok. I will make note that you say "and will not give the error 23 again" and if I do get the error again I can be sure that MJ+ support is simply telling lies.

Chris: Calling my phone from another line and it is not even ringing!

Ayla: If it was already set to telephone and you have not selected it then the problem must be from the router security

Ayla: can you login to your router page?

Chris: Yes, I can. But I thought you said we fixed it? Ok. Now I will try the router... Why is the phone now not even RINGING!?

Chris: It is WORSE off than it was before.

Ayla: I assumed that it was not set to telephone and you selected it Chris. Can we proceed with the router settings now?

Chris: Can you tell me why it is not RINGING when called!?

Ayla: Unplug your telephone from the magicjack plus for 15 seconds then plug it back in

Chris: done

Ayla: after that you can ask someone to call to try it

Chris: i just did, it doesn't ring

Ayla: try to place a call and let me know if it goes through

Chris: it does

Ayla: can you login to your router page ?

Ayla: Please login and go to the port forwarding option and add the 5060 and 5070 UDP ports for the magicjack

Ayla: unplug your magicjack from the wall outlet for 30 seconds and plug it back in

Ayla: if its done you can ask someone to call to try it

Chris: Still no ring. It rings when someone calls it from a cell phone but NOT when someone calls it with a VOiP phone.

Chris: So this would suggest an issue on YOUR end, not locally.

Chris: Since when someone with a VoIP phone calls it doesn't ring and I can pickup the phone and get a dial tone.

Ayla: what do VOIP callers hear when calling the magicjack?

Chris: ringing

Chris: but I do not and they never get voicemail

Ayla: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Ayla: Is it just a continuous ring?

Chris: yes, it just rings and rings.

Chris: and if I pick up my phone while they are dialing me I still hear a dial tone.

Ayla: can you give me the VOIP name that they are using?

Chris: VoIP name?

Chris: Time Warner digital phone, Vonage, and Westelco -- tried all three and NONE of them even reach my phone.

Ayla: Okay

Chris: I need to be able to recieve calls from all phones (as should be obvious).

Ayla: may I know what is the exact brand and model of your router?

Chris: It is not my router.

Chris: It is a LinkSYS WRT150N

Ayla: One moment please...

Ayla: are you still logged in to your router page?

Chris: There is NO WAY this is a router issue, but ok

Chris: My router cannot tell a VoIP call from cell call!

Ayla: Click the Applications & Gaming link near the top of the page.

Ayla: This router has two different sections that allow you to forward ports. One section allows you to forward a range of ports, and the other allows you to forward a single port. To forward a range of ports, click Port Range Forwarding. To forward a single port, click Single Port Forwarding.

Chris: Look. I plugged the MJ+ into the computer and STILL cannot recieve a call from a VoIP

Ayla: in name, type magicjack1, type 5060 in external and internal port, select both in protocol, enter your IP address and click enabled

Chris: I also plugged it in WITHOUT THE ROUTER and STILL no VoIP

Chris: If it doesnt work even WITHOUT the router then the ROUTER cannot be the problem!

Chris: THis should be obvious.

Ayla: I understand that, please follow the instructions for the ports to be added

Chris: what is this supposed to accomplish?

Ayla: This is for the magicjack connection..

Ayla: You should see another page of settings that need to be entered into one of the blank lines on your routers Single Port Forwarding or Port Range Forwarding page. , this time in name, type magicjack2, type 5070 in external and internal port, select both in protocol, enter your IP address and click enabled

Ayla: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

Ayla: Please restart your magijcack

Ayla: please make a call and ask someone to call using a landline, cellphone or VOIP to try it

Chris: Call call to phone works -- rings on their end, rings on my end.

Chris: VoIP to phone does not.

Chris: Which is obvious since it does not work WITHOUT the router why would it work with changed router settings!?

Ayla: Can I have atleast three VOIP numbers that are unable to call your magicjack plus please

Chris: ###-###-####, ###-###-####, ###-###-####

Chris: here is a forth one:

Chris: ###-###-####

Ayla: Thank you

Ayla: I need to forward issue to an appropriate department so that they will be aware of this and they can check on this from our end. Can you tell me when did this issue started ?

Chris: When I plugged in my MJ+... It has never, ever worked.

Chris: Error 23 and No VoIP calls inbound

Chris: So when can I expect working phone service?

Ayla: okay, thank you for that information.. the appropriate will check on this asap.. I cant give a timeframe but this will be on to priority

Chris: SO are we done on chat?

Chris: We I get any sort of RECORD that this is being worked-on / sent to appropriate department?

Ayla: Yes, the fixes will be applied directly on your magicjack

Ayla: This LTK55401962####X is our chat ID for reference

Chris: How, it is not even plugged into my computer?

Ayla: This will be checked from our servers Chris

Chris: Ok. I believe you are simply making things up. Top 10% support? That speaks poorly for MJ. Bye
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: