magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wyse V90 Thin Client stuck on headset mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckiball
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Wyse V90 Thin Client stuck on headset mode Reply with quote

I got WYSE VX0 Winterm V90 1GHz 512MB Thin Client XPe 1GB SP2 on ebay few days ago. In order to log into the system I had to use Administrator for password and username.

The problem is when magicjack is plugged in, I can't toggle or switch from headset to phone device. It's stuck on headset mode, I can dial out fine using headset mode but would like to go to phone mode.

Was on phone with magicjack rep for 3 hours w/o any luck. So far I have tried the following:

1) magicjack update, fine no issue

2) magicjackrecovery install. Install but can not go all the way, stuck partial way, I get a screen that says : check num (OK), etc. Can't hit "Recovery" button only the "Cancel" button.

3) There's a yellow question mark on USB device under device manager, keeps asking for software update when magicjack dongle is plugged in but magicjack runs fine and loads up without issue except for headset/phone mode.

4) magicjack rep insisted I try to instal divx software but I didn't. I don't know how this will help solve headset/phone mode

Anybody encounter this problem? Would re-image help or waste of time?

-bruce
Popgory
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Wyse V90 Thin Client stuck on headset mode Reply with quote

buckiball wrote:
I got WYSE VX0 Winterm V90 1GHz 512MB Thin Client XPe 1GB SP2 on ebay few days ago. In order to log into the system I had to use Administrator for password and username.

The problem is when magicjack is plugged in, I can't toggle or switch from headset to phone device. It's stuck on headset mode, I can dial out fine using headset mode but would like to go to phone mode.

Was on phone with magicjack rep .... Anybody encounter this problem? Would re-image help or waste of time?

-bruce

Welcome to the forum buckiball!. I was looking at that unit. Fingers just weren't fast enough

Anyway, just to be sure, Do you have the EWF disabled when you do the update? It should be red so the update could be written to the DOM.
buckiball
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Wyse V90 Thin Client stuck on headset mode Reply with quote

Popgory wrote:
buckiball wrote:

-bruce

Welcome to the forum buckiball!. I was looking at that unit. Fingers just weren't fast enough

Anyway, just to be sure, Do you have the EWF disabled when you do the update? It should be red so the update could be written to the DOM.

The solution was in this section:Download and Install USBAudio driver from the "Dummies guide: Configure an HP t5700 for MJ using XPe w/ SP2". I got it to work after installing the driver. I was so focused on Wyse that I didn't bother reading the dummies guide HP section/sticky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: