magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WYSE 9150 512flash 256ram SLOW magicjack help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctorman
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont have a usb flash mine is broken I just bought one and waiting to get it...
Stryker
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: WYSE 9150 512flash 256ram SLOW magicjack help Reply with quote

doctorman wrote:
hey

I have a WYSE 9150SE thin client
Product version: 3.04
with 512 flash and 256 ram
WinXpe v5.01 sp2
CPU 399 MHz
ramdisk set to 17mb

installed timeviewer on it to access it remote and then connected magicjack.. it loads fine but when i dial it will take 15min to dial a number if ever...

how can i speed it up

in control panel I have
Java 2 runtime enviroment se v1.4.2 installed for 100mb
flash player 10 activx installed

EDIT:

I fixed a problem a bit by adding the XP drivers for Magicjack from another computer to the thinclient

now the phone works I receive and can make calls it is just way toooo slow.

Tried installing directX 9c for XPe but I get error
Cannot connect to the database - please check the database.

do I just need more Ram or is there anything else that is slowing me down so much?
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure but have read somewhere that 300 Mhz is the very low end to use MJ and your CPU processor is close to that range. Maybe increasing your ram might help but again to my knowledge processor speed may be your issue.

Stryker
az1324
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just setup a 9150SE with the newest flash from the Wyse site (B545).

Then I did the following:

1. Default login as admin
2. Disable Write Protect
3. Disable power saving features of usb
4. Delete Citrix & Sun software
5. Plug in Magicjack and let it install.

A few minutes later magicjack was ready to call and seems perfectly responsive to me. Not sure why yours isn't working. Then I reenabled write protection and restarted. It does take a significant amount of time to load magicjack but once its running seems to be ok. Not bad for a $16 thin client.
doctorman
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
Just setup a 9150SE with the newest flash from the Wyse site (B545).

Then I did the following:

1. Default login as admin
2. Disable Write Protect
4. Delete Citrix & Sun software

A few minutes later magicjack was ready to call and seems perfectly responsive to me. Not sure why yours isn't working. Then I reenabled write protection and restarted. It does take a significant amount of time to load magicjack but once its running seems to be ok. Not bad for a $16 thin client.

this is what I was waiting for...
Thank you
however can you elaborate on how to do the following a bit more step by step...

2. Disable Write Protect? is that write filter?

3. Disable power saving features of usb?

EDIT: found this :
To disable power management of the USB hub, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type Devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. The Device Manager window opens.
2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
3. Right-click a USB Root Hub in the list, and then click Properties. The USB Root Hub Properties dialog box is displayed.
4. Click the Power Management tab.
5. Click to clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box, and then click OK.
6. Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each USB Root Hub in the list.
7. On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.

Windows XP recognizes the new device.
8. Close the Device Manager window.

4. Delete Citrix & Sun software?
EDIT: Just deleted them no uninstall option
az1324

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes disable the write filter. Correct on usb. I uninstalled them from add/remove programs in the control panel but then did have to delete the directories too to get everything.
carrick
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
Yes disable the write filter. Correct on usb. I uninstalled them from add/remove programs in the control panel but then did have to delete the directories too to get everything.

I did remove all of the softs in add/remove,but it still does not respond promptly when I dial from phone. I hung up, and it was still dialing.
I flashed the 545 firmware and di everything according to your posts.
It seems like I still missed something. Anyway thanks a lot. We got more info.
doctorman
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:

does yours work fast and nice
when you pick up the phone and dial it takes almost a full minute to connect to the other party..
az1324

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow no mine works just as fast as on any other computer. you might have a hardware problem or something.
doctorman
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
wow no mine works just as fast as on any other computer. you might have a hardware problem or something.

I have like 2 more of these and I can try them. but I really dont think that is a hardware issue.

here is to summarize the VERY step by step process:

FIRST setup a 9150SE with the newest flash from the Wyse site (B545).

from http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsupport/support/dlOraFW.asp?which=50&model=Winterm%209150SE

XPE SP2 FR1 9S92_S545_512.exe V4.01 B545 Firmware US Only 512Mb Flash.

here is the easiest way to change the firmware on a WYSE thin client
using USB Flash Drive.
[url]
http://www.freewysemonkeys.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1123[/url]

To get remote access to the client and avoid keyboard and monitors install teamviewer from teamviewer.com and set to log in before windows and give it a set password.

You don't have to install any othe rpatch or software update on thin client.

Then the following:

1. Default Auto Login as Administrator
under setting>control Panel > Log in

2. Disable the "Write filter"

To disable power management of the USB hub, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type Devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. The Device Manager window opens.
2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
3. Right-click a USB Root Hub in the list, and then click Properties. The USB Root Hub Properties dialog box is displayed.
4. Click the Power Management tab.
5. Click to clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box, and then click OK.
6. Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each USB Root Hub in the list.
7. On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.

Windows XP recognizes the new device.
8. Close the Device Manager window.

4. Delete Citrix & Sun JAVA software

Uninstall it in Control Panel and then delete the left over folders in Program Files.

when it asks for USB Drivers poin it to this folder and let it use the drivers it needs

XP Audio Drivers package
[url]
http://rapidshare.com/files/139809142/USBAudio.Driver.zip.html
[/url]

after it will upgrade to the newest magicjack software and will come up ready to use.

Please confirm this step by step and let me know if you do anything extra .

[/u]
az1324

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured out the problem. There are 2 different hardware versions of the magicjack. I happen to have both but was using only one for testing until now. That was the newer version which runs with no problems. The older version is wayyyyy slower in all areas and I see the same problems you have been describing. I am looking into it now but wanted to let you know.

Here is each magicjack sitting at idle. The old version spikes CPU usage to 100% constantly while the new one is only an occasional spike to 40%.
doctorman
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
I figured out the problem. There are 2 different hardware versions of the magicjack. I happen to have both but was using only one for testing until now. That was the newer version which runs with no problems. The older version is wayyyyy slower in all areas and I see the same problems you have been describing. I am looking into it now but wanted to let you know.

Here is each magicjack sitting at idle. The old version spikes CPU usage to 100% constantly while the new one is only an occasional spike to 40%.

at last the answer reveals itself...

How can you tell if you have the new hardware or the old one?
mine is clear screen on the USB dongle i have seen some that have the matte screen like a label on that screen. is that how or is it more internal?

magicjack tech support is going to hear from me today and I will need the newer model.

what is the best way to convince them?

thank you for looking into it!
az1324

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/how-to-recognize-the-new-mj-from-the-old-verson-t1110.html

also u could use the tigerjet sdk demo to find the hardware rev.

Maybe with the proper drivers and support files in place, the older version would work fine. Hopefully someone else experienced with thin clients can add some info.
doctorman
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/how-to-recognize-the-new-mj-from-the-old-verson-t1110.html

also u could use the tigerjet sdk demo to find the hardware rev.

Maybe with the proper drivers and support files in place, the older version would work fine. Hopefully someone else experienced with thin clients can add some info.

mine does look like the new version
like this

weird!

do you have a link to the jet tiger sdk that you were talking about
can you run it on your devices and post the revision.
az1324

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the wiki http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MagicJack/Support_Resources/FAQ#What.27s_the_difference_in_USB_device_.28dongle.29_generations.3F

there are 3 versions and i guess the ones I have are 2 and 3 so the one you have is the one I am referring to as the old one. Sorry for the confusion.
doctorman
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
According to the wiki http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MagicJack/Support_Resources/FAQ#What.27s_the_difference_in_USB_device_.28dongle.29_generations.3F

there are 3 versions and i guess the ones I have are 2 and 3 so the one you have is the one I am referring to as the old one. Sorry for the confusion.

mine is Generation 2 according the FAQ and looks like the picture in the above post.

I have another magicjack that instead of having a clear screen is painted in pink and I can not see the back. and i dont see any info on it on FAQ.

so yours look like gen 1 and 3 according to FAQ?

I will try the pink one later on and report back.
az1324

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I have a 2nd and 3rd gen one. Its hard to believe that there is so much of a difference in cpu and I am still inclined to believe it could be resolved in software.
carrick
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="az1324"]I figured out the problem. There are 2 different hardware versions of the magicjack. I happen to have both but was using only one for testing until now. That was the newer version which runs with no problems. The older version is wayyyyy slower in all areas and I see the same problems you have been describing. I am looking into it now but wanted to let you know.

Mine magicjack is the 3rd gen and only 13% to 40% CPU is occupied in idle. While in dialing, it went up to 100% and cost long time to set up connection.
carrick
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In idle, magicjack consumed 0-3% CPU. When phone is picked up or it is being dialed out, it goes up to 100%.
az1324

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm what version of magic chip do you have? Mine is 0832 P5674-010. With it I don't get any overloading of the cpu and everything works fine.
carrick
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
Hmm what version of magic chip do you have? Mine is 0832 P5674-010. With it I don't get any overloading of the cpu and everything works fine.

How to check chip version? I did not find it in Wiki.
doctorman
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes how did you check your chip version?

I tried another majickjack from a friend that has all pink screen with majickjack logo on it. it worked way better than my own as pictured in couple posts above. but the voice was still choppy incoming and outgoing.

I emailed Dan at magicjack and asked him for the newer version of this device, we are entitled to a hardware that works fine.

Last edited by doctorman on Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
az1324

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number i posted is printed on the actual chip.

It's hard to believe there is such a performance difference between them.

As for choppy call quality, are you talking about outgoing or incoming? Incoming for me is fine and outgoing I haven't had anyone complain but haven't been able to hear it from that end. EDIT: I just left myself a voicemail and it sounded clear too.
doctorman
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:

the one that is way too slow the following
Magic Chip: 0821 P4TL3-010

based on the numbers it is very obvious that mine is an older model.

if this does not get resolved I will buy another one from radioshack and return this instead
I find doing this unethical but in this situation it is the companies responsibility to fix this.
doctorman
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I confirm the hardware is the problem
and announce this case solved unless someone can comeup with a fix

just return the old magicjack instead of the new one that you buy and let magicjack deal with the old hardware returns

first post is updated with all the info.

THE END!
carrick
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good it is figured out. Too bad if I return my old magic, I am gonna lose my number. I wish I had not touched this stuff (wast a lot time and money)
diplexer
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the old version of MJ and cpu usage is 100% on dial out. It does fall back to about 15% at idle. My incoming calls are very choppy on the Wyse 9150. Is this really the old MJ or the thin client lacking a large enough processor and ram (I have 512 flash 256mb ram and 400mhz AMD Geod processor). I'd really love to use this thin client but I'm ready to put it back on e-bay because of performance with MJ. If anyone wants one, I have 3 of them without power adapters for $29 each.
doctorman
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diplexer wrote:
I have the old version of MJ and cpu usage is 100% on dial out. It does fall back to about 15% at idle. My incoming calls are very choppy on the Wyse 9150. Is this really the old MJ or the thin client lacking a large enough processor and ram (I have 512 flash 256mb ram and 400mhz AMD Geod processor). I'd really love to use this thin client but I'm ready to put it back on e-bay because of performance with MJ. If anyone wants one, I have 3 of them without power adapters for $29 each.

this is a very pointless post.
read the first post and everything else.

buy the new hardware from a retail store and return the old ones instead let magicjack deal with their crap.
diplexer
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pointless? Your comment on being pointless is also pointless. This is why I hate to post anything. Who made you the posting police? I just want to know why it doesn't work correctly on the Wyse but on a friends HP with similar specs it's just fine? I believe part of the problem is the Wyse terminal.
doctorman
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diplexer wrote:
Pointless? Your comment on being pointless is also pointless. This is why I hate to post anything. Who made you the posting police? I just want to know why it doesn't work correctly on the Wyse but on a friends HP with similar specs it's just fine? I believe part of the problem is the Wyse terminal.

the bottom line is the hardware uses double the amount of CPU.

sorry for offending your valuable post.
dbean
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: WYSE 9150 512flash 256ram SLOW magicjack help Reply with quote

doctorman wrote:

here is the easiest way to change the firmware on a WYSE thin client
using USB Flash Drive.
[url]
http://www.freewysemonkeys.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1123[/url]

the usb imager has been removed from that site; anywhere else I can download it?

thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: