magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Magic Jack doesn't suck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jcadig2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Why Magic Jack doesn't suck Reply with quote

1. It is only $20.00 a year, less if you take advantage of the multiple year subscriptions.

2. For that price, you get all the advantages of a full service land line phone, including voice mail, caller ID etc.

3. It fills the need for a basic phone system at a low price.

No, it may not be suitable for your specific purpose, like a business phone.

Yes, it may have glitches (like any computerized appliance).
Yes, their chat support leaves something to be desired.

No, I would not rely on it 100% as my only phone, but it saves using up all my minutes on my cell phone while I am stuck on terminal hold while trying to conduct business with my insurance co etc. and I can take it with me and plug it into my laptop whereever I go that has internet or wifii access.

All in all, I think it is a great idea and since I have had mine, I have seen a lot of improvements and upgrades in their service and in the way the equipment performs. Just recently I ran into some problems with it and when their tech support did not take care of the problem, I emailed the owner and they send me out a new dongle. NO MORE PROBLEMS. It's been working perfectly ever since.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, except that I would not call it " a full service phone line".
Jcadig2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Full Service? Reply with quote

Well, I would call it full service, although I guess there are a few more little bells & whistles that you can get with a high priced plan through your local phone company, but it sure takes care of everything I need, or want.
lychy
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Full Service? Reply with quote

Jcadig2 wrote:
Well, I would call it full service, although I guess there are a few more little bells & whistles that you can get with a high priced plan through your local phone company, but it sure takes care of everything I need, or want.

100% Agreed!
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto....................
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Full Service? Reply with quote

lychy wrote:
Jcadig2 wrote:

100% Agreed!

Not to be THAT guy who always disagrees, although I do apparently like a good argument. But lacking bells & whistles, like faxing, pretty much puts it in a non-full service description by default.

I do agree it does everything I need, and I love it, especially when I can RECEIVE the damn CALLS. But "full" service it ain't.
Nugrl
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Full Service? Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
lychy wrote:
Jcadig2 wrote:

100% Agreed!

Not to be THAT guy who always disagrees, although I do apparently like a good argument. But lacking bells & whistles, like faxing, pretty much puts it in a non-full service description by default.

I do agree it does everything I need, and I love it, especially when I can RECEIVE the damn CALLS. But "full" service it ain't.

I have to agree with nailgunner on this one. sorry to say, but I think he and I have alot of the same problems it seems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: