magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who has the oldest Magicjack?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Who has the oldest Magicjack????? Reply with quote

[font=Arial Black:751293b910] [/font:751293b910] Just had to re-subscribe my original magicjack as of June 18. I am sure I received it earlier than mid June last year but my acct just expired this month.

Curious to know who might be among the group of very early adopters??

Looking forward to another year of MJ service. I am sure it will be a smoother ride than the first year!!

Later

Crack
lonestarmagic
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see that there are some who have had this device for a long time and are continuing to use it. Just goes to show it's a reliable device.

I have only had mine for about a month and completely satisfied on how well it works and hope to continue using it into the distant future.
ChuckIL
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine comes up for renewal in mid-July. While it's been OK on one home computer with Vista (some minor annoying line noise), it doesn't work well on my other computer with XP (crashes after 3 days). I don't like the fact that I can't use the standby energy saving function on my computer with MagicJack running, and I'm not planning on renewing (no local area code is also a factor). There are more reliable alternatives for about the same price...dependant on usage, and factoring in energy consumption of a computer on 24/7. Right now I am running an asterisk server with several pay-per-minute trunks, and providing service for six family members/friends. Charging them $10/month pretty much subsidizes my own phone usage and server rental cost. I imagine when Sprint PCS offers the femtocel option, that I will pretty much use that as my home phone service. MagicJack was fun to play around with for a year.
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using Jacks since June 25, 2007. magicJack is the greatest invention since the wheel!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TOF
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlaninKY wrote:
I have been using Jacks since June 25, 2007. magicJack is the greatest invention since the wheel!

I'm a late bloomer. Same MJ since July 28, 2007. Smile
norml jack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May 7, 1969 The first time I used a magic jack. It was recalled after some idiot tried to use it on a sandy beach. His car slid off and crushed him to death.
dildog
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlaninKY wrote:

Are you saying that "Dan the Inventor" claims to have invented the wheel, too?
Bendle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont win the prize, but I will have to renew in Jan of 2009 and have been running exclusively MJ as my only landline wired through the whole house. Eat that MA BELL!
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendle wrote:
Have been running exclusively MJ as my only landline wired through the whole house. Eat that MA BELL!

Same here, but a convert from Vonage. Smile
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it a few days after Sunrocket went out...
old thread but what ev

~kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
msiam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7/30/07 for me.. I was in the original forum discussing how it works when it arrived and fired it up while chatting with Amange and the rest of the crew .. It has worked out with only a few glitches since then, Now, in the beginning, I was constantly having to fix things.. We have come a long way.. Everything is rolling along smoothly for now..
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msiam wrote:
7/30/07 for me.. I was in the original forum discussing how it works when it arrived and fired it up while chatting with Amange and the rest of the crew .. It has worked out with only a few glitches since then, Now, in the beginning, I was constantly having to fix things.. We have come a long way.. Everything is rolling along smoothly for now..

The good old days with amange... Its a bitch to get to him now but you can still contact him. i remember back when there was barely any area codes and i had a pittsburgh 412 number:-p

Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
msiam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kumar, you were in PA , at least you had a Pa area code.. I had a nashville area code living in Milwaukee WI.. Shocked Good ol Grand Central saved the day on that one.. they were plentiful then,, I wonder why GC is so quiet now.. I even wonder if they are even going to remain.. Yeah, it was a trying time then.. Lot better now tho Very Happy
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember me complaining about my area code.. and some guy from KY who was really complaining...
Kumar

P.S Yes better now
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your reports are not surprising. I have been using RJ-11 FXO-to-USB equipment with the same underlying TigerJet chip set since 2001 without any troubles. The MJ is the same hardware with a Hynix memory module added to it. Unless the MJ is subjected to abuse that kills its heartbeat crystal or something else inside, I don't see any problem until the memory dies of write cycle exhaustion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: