magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Where to buy magicJack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicjacktech wrote:
Please never buy magicjack except our official website. We never suggest or recommend buying magicjack from our resellers or other website. We do not provide any guarantee or replacement for the magicjack purchased from anywhere else. If your magicjack stop working or start malfunctioning , then we (magicjack tech support) people try our best to bring your magicjack back to work and in case we could not bring your magicjack back to work then we will issue you replacement (But you must have purchased magicjack from our official website.(www.magicjack.com)

If that's true, then why do you sell it through retail outlets? Aren't you inviting customers to have a disappointment?

Also, if I were an executive of Radio Shack, Best Buy, Walmart, or Walgreens I would be a little concerned that I entered into a reseller agreement with magicJack, and that potential customers are being told I'm inferior because they won't have the same buyer protections.

Mark
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

joevv
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is a joke..I doubt he works for MJ
Robert121571
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: add CVS to the list Reply with quote

I seen them in CVS here in Staunton, Va
fulcrum
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunk!

Always buy from a store if you can. If after 30 days you are not satisfied, you can take it back and get your refund. (Yes you will be unsatisfied).

Why would Magic Jack want you to buy from on-line? Firstly because if MJ sells the device directly to you, they will make more $ that if they sell it to you through a middle man. Secondly, search this forum and you will see that people are unable to get their money back from MJ if they return to it to MJ directly (MJ puts many hurdles in the way; why? because so many people try to return the unit). Case in point your 30 day trial with MJ starts when you order, and not when you recieve it. If you want to return it, you have to have it back in their hands by day 30, so with all the shipping delays you get maybe 15 days trial. Buy it from a store you get a pure 30 days. Also MJ has a harder time arguing with stores returning units, because if they do, that store or chain of stores will stop doing business with them or even sue them.

Remember MJ does not even try to help you, and only gives canned speaches or emails with the same advice for all varying problems. This forum is the best thing you have to try to fix all your problems.

However at some point you will come to the realization that $20/yr service meanys $2000/yr worth of head aches and inconsistent service.

Why bother? Try some thing else, even if you use your MJ doggle for another service. But in the end after all the other configurations that you try, you will end up with the ooma phone system... a system that works as well as Vonage, without another phone bill (if you stay with basic services).

Forget MJ as it is garbage, go and get Ooma before you go insane (Keep in mind that your friends and family know your going insane over MJ before you will omit to it).

P.S. I bought Ooma from Costco, who has a 90 day return policy.

Fulcrum
nightstryke
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine at Staples, but i've seen it at Walmart, CVS, and Staples in Charleston, SC.
VoipDude

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fulcrum wrote:

P.S. I bought Ooma from Costco, who has a 90 day return policy.

Fulcrum

I believe the return policy at Costco in unlimited on Ooma. The 90 day policy applies to T.V.'s and computers.
fulcrum
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voipdude,

Nope, not true. I asked the store manager before I purchased. I was told 90days return on Ooma.

Cheers!

Fulcrum
mykroft
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicjacktech wrote:
Please never buy magicjack except our official website. We never suggest or recommend buying magicjack from our resellers or other website. We do not provide any guarantee or replacement for the magicjack purchased from anywhere else. If your magicjack stop working or start malfunctioning , then we (magicjack tech support) people try our best to bring your magicjack back to work and in case we could not bring your magicjack back to work then we will issue you replacement (But you must have purchased magicjack from our official website.(www.magicjack.com)

So your saying all these other companies are selling your product illegally? And since it is a official product manufactured by your company - that if it is not purchased at your website you will not honor the warranty? I see many state AGs getting involved in this BS
VoipDude

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fulcrum wrote:
Voipdude,

Nope, not true. I asked the store manager before I purchased. I was told 90days return on Ooma.

Cheers!

Fulcrum

Yes, it is true according to the Costco Corporate office, which verified the information. Your local Costco manager is wrong. Corporate policy is as follows:

The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones. The Ooma device does not fall into this catagory.
VoipDude

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following is an email response from Costco Corporate Office:

Thank you for your e-mail to Costco Wholesale.

That is correct. (Item#439361 Ooma) does not fall under the 90 return policy. This item can be returned at any time if you are unsatisfied.

Have a nice day.

Thank you,

Cara
Costco Wholesale Corporation
Paul777

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my first MJ from the MJ website. Took a long time to get here (16 days) and then I also had to pay $10 duty before the postman would release the delivery (I live in Toronto).

The next two MJ's I bought (one for my mom and one for my nephew) was from a small electronics store at Bridlewood Mall (McCowan and Finch). They are located around the food court aera. Use the east entrance to the mall to get there.

I think there is another retail store in Scarborough selling them (do a Google search). Won't be long before they start hitting all the major retail stores though. Seems they are easily available in the USA at all the big retailers.
Paul777

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Future Shop (Markham East Store) tonight and they had them. $ 49.95.
johnvan
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked the Future shop website.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/magicjack-magicjack-usb-telephone-jack-a921-a921/10144420.aspx?path=af6987facd1c2c09d09b7de6def6a385en02

Surprising
Paul777

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they must have bought a large quantity to advertise it on their website. Likely won't be too long before Best Buy Canada and Walmart Canada will have this item too. I mean who doesn't want to save money and have all those great features included? This product is a natural for anyone with a PC and a high-speed internet connection. And the portability is great too. Regular land line is just that... land line to your house. MJ is portable. Careful though... MJ will not work in a power outage unless you have your own back up power and 911 does not work outside the USA.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haileselassieI wrote:
walmart, seven eleven and CVS

BestBuy..OfficeDepot...RadioShack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: