magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We want CALL BLOCKING now!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stealth94rt
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: We want CALL BLOCKING now! Reply with quote

It is a shame that MJ+ is a great product, but it does not have this feature, yet competitor's products already do have it.

Please help push the developers at MJ to add a Call Blocking feature.

We would just need to be able to enter Black List of numbers that we want to block, or a White List of numbers that we want to allow. This could be implemented on the CALL FEATURES tab of the user's MJ web page.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why didn't you buy the competitor's product you mentioned ??? Just curious to know...
stealth94rt
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I didn't realize there was no call blocking until after the trial period was up (stupid me).

And, I'm actually thinking of switching away from MJ+, although I really hate to - I love everything about it except the lack of a call blocking feature.
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could always purchase Magic Features to provide call blocking, but then of course you would need to use the MJ+ hooked up to the computer, not the router Wink
bassman458
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like this feature for my system also.
stealth94rt
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I could plug it into a computer and and get magic features. However, the reason I bought MJ+ was to get the PC out of the loop. I have all my phones running through MJ+ at my router, and I want the phones to stay up even when the PC is off or locks up or whatever other bad things happen to Windows PCs.
stealth94rt
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the other products out there can do the call blocking w/o having to be hooked up to a PC - I don't know if I can mention product names on this forum, so I won't. Again, I may have to switch away from MJ+ to get that feature, since they don't seem to be providing it.
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ has no financial incentive to offer Call Blocking. Rather, it is decidedly in their financial interest to allow all inbound calls to be connected and to remain "in conversation" for as long as possible.

This is because YMAX, MJ's telephone company and immediate corporate family member, receives money from the originating party's phone company for every minute of every successful inbound phone call.
stealth94rt
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I guess I will be spending a few $$ on one of the competitor's products, after my MJ+ subscription expires this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: