magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanting to set up magicjack with a thin client,help!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aplomb
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Wanting to set up magicjack with a thin client,help!!! Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes I am looking to buy a thin client to set up with my magicjack.Right now magicjack is hooked up to a computer which is used a lot.I read somewhere that it can be set as a service, I tried but no luck.
I am looking at this client please let me know if I will be able to set it with my magicjack easily as my computer skills are very basic. The specifications of the thin client are as follows:Thanks

HP/Compaq T5510 Thin Client with 800MHz processor, 32MB flash, and 64MB SDRAM. This unit comes with Windows CE 5.0 installed (factory default configuration). Unit comes with a 12V power supply at 3.3A. There are four USB ports, ethernet port, audio input & output, keyboard connector, VGA monitor connector, serial port, and parallel port connections on the rear panel.
conniemadagain
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanting to set up magicjack with a thin client,help!!! Reply with quote

Aplomb wrote:
Rolling Eyes I am looking to buy a thin client to set up with my magicjack.Right now magicjack is hooked up to a computer which is used a lot.I read somewhere that it can be set as a service, I tried but no luck.
I am looking at this client please let me know if I will be able to set it with my magicjack easily as my computer skills are very basic. The specifications of the thin client are as follows:Thanks

HP/Compaq T5510 Thin Client with 800MHz processor, 32MB flash, and 64MB SDRAM. This unit comes with Windows CE 5.0 installed (factory default configuration). Unit comes with a 12V power supply at 3.3A. There are four USB ports, ethernet port, audio input & output, keyboard connector, VGA monitor connector, serial port, and parallel port connections on the rear panel.

search feature broke?

TC from Alpman on Ebay is your answer ...
Alpman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As is, that TC will not work for mJ. It is possible to make it work but would requre extensive modification. You would have to upgrade the memory and flash and install XP embedded as CE is not compatible with mJ.

I currently am waiting for parts to arrive from China in order to list more of my TC's for sale, but I do have enough parts to assemble one more unit. PM me if you are interested...

Greg

EDIT - Last TC is now gone, sent out for a defective replacement. You'll have to wait for my parts to come in afterall...
Aplomb
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply and the info.. Yes I am interested in buying then a TC which is going to be compatible with MJ and can run it without problems at all.
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanting to set up magicjack with a thin client,help!!! Reply with quote

Aplomb wrote:
... This unit comes with Windows CE 5.0 installed...

You'll need to find a unit that will take Windows XPe (e for "embedded").

There's tons of info in theses forums on thin clients, configuration, minimum requirements, operating systems, etc. Do a search for "dummies" for a good starting place.
Aplomb
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tony for the info
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aplomb wrote:
Thanks for the reply and the info.. Yes I am interested in buying then a TC which is going to be compatible with MJ and can run it without problems at all.

I know alpman is too much of a gentleman to tell you but he sells configured thin clients ready to plug your magicjack into on eBay. From what I have heard he offers a good solid system at a very good price.

Check the following thread http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/mj-ready-thin-clients-on-sale-now-from-just-55-55-shipped-t7872.html. I know I paid more than that for my thin clients and still had to upgrade and set them up.
Aplomb
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks VaHam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: