magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VoIP My Way Free VoIP Service

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
genxweb
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: VoIP My Way Free VoIP Service Reply with quote

We are now offering free VoIP service and we provide you your SIP credentials.

The service is 100% free if you are interested please check out www.voipmyway.com We even give you e911 and your own local number.

we support many different sip devices as well as provide the ability to purchase unlocked ata / pap2 from us with our service for only 65.00.
genxweb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have waived the required state ID and instead are verifying people by charging .01 cents on checkout. This will allow us verify your account faster.
andyha
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up for this service and I am blown away by the call quality. There is virtually no delay or echo it is as crystal clear as a POTS phone!. I have been using the Duo and it is a joke compared to this. I have also used whistlephone and this blows them away! Using the MJ through my ATA was very good, but this is better, I am VERY impressed! I have just got an RMA for my Duo and will be using Voip My Way from here on in. If anyone is curious just go ahead and get an account, you won't be disappointed.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genxweb wrote:
We have waived the required state ID and instead are verifying people by charging .01 cents on checkout. This will allow us verify your account faster.

What payment methods are available? Paypal?
genxweb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently we accept paypal. This allows us to cheaply accept credit cards and provides us proof of the person (unless the account is stolen) is a real person.

If you are Canadian client we can offer you a US based number with the same features. Though if you are a Canadian client we will not be able to active the E911 Service.

Multiple account requests will be ignored.

If you would like to add fax to email service to your number there is a $3.00 a month fee for that. if you have your own fax machine you can configure the service to use that for free.

When signing up remember to provide three area codes that you are interested in the way of State and city. The service is knew and we are acquiring more numbers every day from our providers.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genxweb wrote:
Currently we accept paypal. This allows us to cheaply accept credit cards and provides us proof of the person (unless the account is stolen) is a real person.

If you are Canadian client we can offer you a US based number with the same features. Though if you are a Canadian client we will not be able to active the E911 Service.

If you would like to add fax to email service to your number there is a $3.00 a month fee for that. if you have your own fax machine you can configure the service to use that for free.

When signing up remember to provide three area codes that you are interested in the way of State and city. The service is knew and we are acquiring more numbers every day from our providers.

Just tried to sign up but ran into problem after paypal payment and was directed to wrong server. I got an email verifying my order from MyStore in addition to paypal so I think the transaction worked fine.

I see your having some problems with the free accounts and I assume I'll get another email with a user name to go along with my password so I can log into the user portal.
genxweb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanHam,

Are you Glen if so I just responded to your email. What server did you get redirected to after check out? I need to correct that if there is a error. I don't want clients getting directed to the wrong place.

The web portal is currently disable as we work on correcting a security vulnerability.

VaHam wrote:
genxweb wrote:

Just tried to sign up but ran into problem after paypal payment and was directed to wrong server. I got an email verifying my order from MyStore in addition to paypal so I think the transaction worked fine.

I see your having some problems with the free accounts and I assume I'll get another email with a user name to go along with my password so I can log into the user portal.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about lightning fast support! Thanks!
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VaHam wrote:
Talk about lightning fast support! Thanks!

No offense to the company, but that's pretty easy with, what, 10 orders a day / week?

That's what makes dealing with small companies usually a pleasant experience.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes small companies do have an advantage in terms of having requests for support but also probably have fewer staff to deal with them so it is refreshing to see one so responsive.

BTW Asterisk trunk up and working and great audio quality and very low lag.

Nice work!
genxweb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nailgunner

Since launch yesterday we had over 100 accounts requested. Out of those 100 accounts only 80% of them were real people and 10% of that did not provide all the information we needed to create their account.

As more clients sign up we plan to hire additional staff. We also are looking for additional investors. We have 1 investor right now that is laying out the money as well as signing up the advertisers. The main paid system is already fully supported and redundant and does not need investors.

The investor also has us working under their LLC

Thanks

genxweb
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't a shot at your company, 100...80...or 10. I wish you all the luck in the world, small business is what makes the world go around.

It's just almost inevitable that as a company grows, customer service goes downhill. The exceptions are few and far between. I'm sure when Dan sold his first 100 he was handling all emails himself too.

I hope you have to confront dealing with 7 million (or whatever) units sold, because it means you've got a winner on your hands. Just follow everything Dan has done, and do the exact opposite.
genxweb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If some places call tell if you here the a ad. I am testing a ad right now.
RobbyG
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just placed a call and heard the ad, it was only about 15 seconds in length and then the call proceeded normally.

So far the service is working great for me, I've run into a few minor things that genxweb has taken care of for me right away. I'm definitely impressed.

Great job!
genxweb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any of you out there that has a business that you want advertised let me know we are selling ad space on the calls as well as on the site. For you guys I will offer 1/2 off each month for ads.
telltom
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do both parties hear the advertisement? or just the caller
genxweb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telltom wrote:
do both parties hear the advertisement? or just the caller

Just the caller.
genxweb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys account creations for free accounts happen during business hours as we review each account manually currently to weed out bots, and scammers. Please bare with us.

Thanks
genxweb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Service is currently not accepting any new requests

When we started this service we did not expect it to take off so fast. We are putting a hold on any new accounts while we bring new servers online and get more sponsors to help off set the costs. While the free service is on hold we are offering a limited number of paid accounts for $9.99 a month, this is ad free and is on premium network. We are sorry about any inconvenience this may cause but we want to assure the quality of our clients calls while we expand our infrastructure to accept more clients.

If you would like to be a sponsor on the site or have a message play in the free phone system we are running a special of $20.00 a month and you will be displayed on the site as well as in the phone system. If you don�t have a message we can record one for you for free.

Check out the store to take advantage of any of the above offers.

We will update this thread when service accepting again.
magicjack6666
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the paid accounts how many minutes do we get.?
and do we get fax service as well
genxweb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9.99 account is offering a soft cap of 1500 minutes. If you need more let me know we sell the minutes for .02 plus a federal tax of 9% (thank you uncle sam).

The paid account gives you the ability to have unlimited channels, caller ID control, ring control, call forwarding, free sip to sip calling and much more.

If you want fax to email it is 3.00 a month more for a separate number or 2.00 a month to add the service to the existing number. If you have your own fax machine it is free and already able to do that.
genxweb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news new servers should be up tonight Smile
Bad news the 9.99 deal will be over tonight Sad
Nugrl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does this mean the "free" account service will be back up and running tonight?
genxweb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is my plan to have the ability to sign up for more free accounts back up by tonight.
Nugrl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds great! Wink
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genxweb wrote:

A couple of questions on the $9.99 deal!

1) If we sign up today do we get to keep this rate for ever?

2) Can we keep our free account as well?

3) Can we opt not to have additional minutes billed if we go over the cap?
If someone were to hack my * box I would prefer to have the trunk just fail instead of accumulating additional charges.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VaHam wrote:
genxweb wrote:

1) If we sign up today do we get to keep this rate for ever?

2) Can we keep our free account as well?

If someone were to hack my * box I would prefer to have the trunk just fail instead of accumulating additional charges.

Good question, I went for it. Yeah Laughing I'd prefer the trunk to dump myself or you'll have a CC bill off the wall. I prefer the option of non locking ATA's also even though if you leave the service they would unlock your BYOD, Keeping free acct i can't see how as my free and paid is same NFO and i think it goes to a more private server with less congestion etc, So with that said you can only have one account free if u were lucky or paid but maybe multi paid of course makes sense.
genxweb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) If we sign up today do we get to keep this rate for ever: We will honor this rate for the life of the service.

2) Can we keep our free account as well: Unfortunately not. This is due to the cost of numbers and E911 service for each account.

If someone were to hack my * box I would prefer to have the trunk just fail instead of accumulating additional charges:

The softcap will stop you from going over. I call it a softcap as I will get alerted and I can ask if you want to continue. This is ideal to help stop hackers and other malicious users.

If you need to go over the softcap we can charge you per minute over at a rate of .02 x 9% federal tax.

I hope that clears on the questions. if you have any more feel free to post them.

The difference between the free and paid is several:

Paid you are on our premium network with multiple redundant servers spread out through the US. There is no ads as well.

Free Server you are situated on 1 of our few servers running off a custom system mod I wrote.

The accounts are the same. The thing is if you want to go to free from paid we simply activate your trunk on the free server and vice versa. We also change your password.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genxweb wrote:

2) Can we keep our free account as well: Unfortunately not. This is due to the cost of numbers and E911 service for each account.

If someone were to hack my * box I would prefer to have the trunk just fail instead of accumulating additional charges:

The softcap will stop you from going over. I call it a softcap as I will get alerted and I can ask if you want to continue. This is ideal to help stop hackers and other malicious users.

The ideal would be to have the trunk disabled until the next month by default. Then issue an email asking if the user wished to buy additional minutes.

An option in the user portal could allow automatic purchase of additional minutes if over the cap automatically if desired.

genxweb wrote:
The difference between the free and paid is several:

Paid you are on our premium network with multiple redundant servers spread out through the US. There is no ads as well.

Free Server you are situated on 1 of our few servers running off a custom system mod I wrote.

The accounts are the same. The thing is if you want to go to free from paid we simply activate your trunk on the free server and vice versa. We also change your password.

So later we could revert back to free service if we choose?
genxweb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanhem the account does lock i get a email at 90% usage to keep it from locking.

yes we can move you back to free service at any time.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genxweb wrote:
Vanhem the account does lock i get a email at 90% usage to keep it from locking.

yes we can move you back to free service at any time.

Thanks for the quick responses. Your service is a very nice offering for folks who just want to run a home/small business asterisk box without a lot of hassels.

Best of luck to you!
genxweb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New servers will be online by 8 and service should be back on by 8:30.

That means you have 3:30 hours to take advantage of the following deals.

1. $9.99 a month for life of service.

2. $7.00 a month for backup trunk, includes 200 minutes.

3. $95 dollars for the year includes every that you would get for 9.99 a month at a discounted rate for paying for the year.

These deals are only good to members here and only for the next 3 and 1/2 hours.

Contact me with any questions.
genxweb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign up is backup we are taking another 100 users tonight. We will increase inventory through out the week.

For any users on this forum that did not get to participate in the great upgrade price you can still upgrade to paid the version for only 9.99 and get 1500 minutes.

The new control panel will be live shortly as well not all features work for free users.
genxweb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a update adding accounts from last night so hang in there. If you are not from US or Canada then you can not sign up for the service.

That means the Philippines and China are not allowed and account requests from there will be declined please read the site for account request rules.

If you want a account you will need to pay the $9.99 a month.
genxweb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Join us on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/VoIP-My-Way/181360838540871?v=info
N7AS
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying to get a free account on VoipMyWay for a week and still no number. I wanted to try the service for possible paid use. Now, for a free account, I must read a 6 page TOS, print it, sign it with my personal info and fax it. NO WAY. No other voip provider would subject it's customers to all this crap.
genxweb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry you feel that way. The Tos is legal means to hold the customer responsible if they decide to try to abuse the system. It also serves as a guarantee of service and is a requirement for service.

I may request the info but I do not request half the stuff major companies do such as your credit card on file for auto billing, The information I collect is your name address and signature that is it.

That is to prove your a real person and gives us a way to contact you. Since you feel that this is too much info I will go ahead and delete your order.

Have a good day.
genxweb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N7 your account was refunded .01 on 12-13-10 at 9:09 am est.

This is a free service and to keep the free service free there are certain requirements that need to be made. The TOS is geared to all the services I offer and is required for service. The TOS only asks for your name, address, date and signature. If you can not fax all 6 pages we will be glad to take the last page faxed that shows your signature.

This will help to prove your address and that you are a real person. This is helpful especially where people have unconfirmed paypal accounts or when their accounts don't match the email in their order or address in their order.

If you do not have a fax machine there are several services that offer free faxing. The only other way I can weed out people is to start charging a setup fee for accounts.

If there is anyone else on this forum still waiting for an account please PM me or contact [email protected] for help.
N7AS
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can someone who is not a real person reply to this thread?

Maybe I am not a real person and just maybe this is not a real forum...
genxweb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N7AS I feel you are trolling now so this will be my last response to you. All my dealings with you I been polite and sincere and if you ever decide to give us another shot we will be more then glad to give you that opportunity.

By real person I mean someone that is not a bot, or a person trying to get service for inappropriate use such as but not limited to spamming, auto dialer, registering Craig list ads, war dialing and so on.

The free service is able to run on the premises that a real person placing a normal call is using it and will listen to the add and if 1 in a million they sign up great.

Thanks
gashliquor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mike great service, What can i say the paid service kix ass and nice talking to you. I did my testing and the quality is up there good stuff and i wish you all the luck and im sure you got my email from my other acct that i got into the firmware, I'll be setting up my PBX/Asterisks soon Laughing and then im on a PERSONAL MJ mission, Thank you again!!!

@N7AS, Hey oldman nice to meet you but im a extra too and this guy is on the up and up. Im not getting into your business but even for me his web site at first was a little tricky and if you did'nt use it just correct he would not of known anything about you wanting a account. With that said i could give two shits about MJ but his server/trunks are top shelf. 73 to you and maybe start all over with the guy because if it was crap i tell it like it is online or in person no matter what!. Also have a happy holiday!
N7AS
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
@N7AS, Hey oldman nice to meet you but im a extra too and this guy is on the up and up. Im not getting into your business but even for me his web site at first was a little tricky and if you did'nt use it just correct he would not of known anything about you wanting a account. With that said i could give two shits about MJ but his server/trunks are top shelf. 73 to you and maybe start all over with the guy because if it was crap i tell it like it is online or in person no matter what!. Also have a happy holiday!

I only wanted to try it out and compare it with sipgate. Do you know if VoipNyWay allows you to block calls based on their CID? I was thinking of going to callcentric, but their porting fee is $25. VOIPo has free porting as I was also thinking of going with them. Right now I use Sipgate + Google Voice + Sipsorcery all working on my PAP2T-NA.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N7AS wrote:
gashliquor wrote:

I only wanted to try it out and compare it with sipgate. Do you know if VoipNyWay allows you to block calls based on their CID? I was thinking of going to callcentric, but their porting fee is $25. VOIPo has free porting as I was also thinking of going with them. Right now I use Sipgate + Google Voice + Sipsorcery all working on my PAP2T-NA.

Grant, In all do respect i do NOT no the owner of this VOIPMYWAY from a hole in the wall. But i will tell you his service is ASS kicking. Just send Mike a PM and im sure he will hook you up. Trust me if something is'nt GOOD you'll hear me say something. YES i had a minor hardware problem here but it's fixed but im also a phone junkie and its was MY problem because it is MY equipment and EVEN Mike tried to help which he did. For what he charges i don't think he will keep it like that forever because it's more like first come first serve and those that are already a customer will be grandfathered. As for what his service will and will not do you have to speak to him as it's not my place to answer that. Im running here my own ATA and setting up a PBX/Asterisks Box and have 14 phone numbers so im not your average person Laughing in more then one way!, Again happy holidays and from one HF op to another ( I hope your HF ) 73 and give him a PM. I'll upload some pics of this install within a hour, Have a nice day Exclamation
gashliquor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N7AS wrote:
gashliquor wrote:

Nothing wrong what your using BUT IMO does'nt even compare or come close. I mean in life sometimes you get what you pay for and in this case it's peanuts and your getting many of them. It's that good!. BTW i have nothing to do with the company either and don't sell anything either so im only talking from what i know from myself and there are other users i know on here that uses his paid service also.
genxweb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inside our control panel you can block calls based on CID. While on the free service you can dial special blacklist function while on a call to block that number.

Our number transfer is $8.00 and only available to paid accounts as free accounts get deleted with no activity after 30 days. The transfer can take up to three weeks depending on your current provider.

If you plan to use a ata it is locked while on the service to provide Superior service as we notice that just proving the sip credentials on the paid service for ATA does not work well. We will provide you with the password to your device but any changes are at your expense.
N7AS
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many can you block? Is there a limit?
How about porting a number in? How much$ ?
genxweb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N7AS wrote:
How many can you block? Is there a limit?
How about porting a number in? How much$ ?

I don't think there is a limit. I have blocked prob over a dozen and no issues yet especially people who call my 800 number to rack up my bill Smile

Porting is 8.00 per number. That I need the porting papers filled out or they wont release for legal reasons.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here Mike, this will give you 99% info on Linksys ATA's and most commands

http://www.mediafire.com/?k3x90irhst0qpkm
genxweb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have added a FAQ to help answer some questions.
N7AS
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genxweb wrote:
Inside our control panel you can block calls based on CID. While on the free service you can dial special blacklist function while on a call to block that number.

Our number transfer is $8.00 and only available to paid accounts as free accounts get deleted with no activity after 30 days. The transfer can take up to three weeks depending on your current provider.

If you plan to use a ata it is locked while on the service to provide Superior service as we notice that just proving the sip credentials on the paid service for ATA does not work well. We will provide you with the password to your device but any changes are at your expense.

I use 2 lines on my ATA (PAP2T-NA) at the present time. If I were to go with your service, would I still have control of one of my lines on my ATA? I feel as I own this device, I should not be locked out of it to adjust or tweak settings or dial plans .

Providers such as callcentic, voip.ms or VOIPo don't lock the customer provided ATA's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: