magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New audio problems
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyrdmage
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: New audio problems Reply with quote

OK so I've been using my MJ for about 4 months now, and never had any REAL issues with it, as long as I wasnt using a lot of resources on my comp when a call came thru. Smile So about a week ago, the calls lost quality, and started sounding all fuzzy, like an old radio that gets really bad reception. It only sounds bad on the MJ side, the people I'm talking to say I sound fine. I set up a dedicated computer, thinking maybe my main was just causing too many conflicts, but the same problem occurs on the dedicated machine. Originally, the MJ was plugged in using the extender thing it comes with, so I tried plugging it directly into the usb port, no luck. The priority is already set to "Realtime" in the task manager, I have the newest updates, I've tried multiple phones and headsets, and I'm out of ideas.......HELP!!! It's to the point where I can barely understand what people are saying, and thats if I'm LUCKY!

MJ Dedicated Machine =
700MhZ, 256 RAM, XP Pro SP3 (Fresh install), 30G Hard drive

Original MJ Machine =
2.5 Ghz, 512 RAM, XP Pro SP3, 120G Hard drive

Router = Netgear WGR614 Wireless-G Router

Cox High Speed Internet 9Mbps down, 4(?) Mbps up
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

grooverince
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you're forwarding the following ports on the router to the computer you are running MagicJack on.

UDP & TCP 5070-070, 80 and 443
grooverince
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you're forwarding the following ports on the router to the computer you are running MagicJack on.

Wyrdmage
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would if I knew how, lol. I may be a whiz with the main box, but networks and routers are my kryptonite. Razz any ideas how I can forward those ports?
Wyrdmage
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so I forwarded ports 5060, 5070, and 443, for the dedicated machine. No change. Any other ideas??
grooverince
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you go to your router admin page (the address you type into your browser should be something like http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1)
you should have an option called Port Forwarding or something similar.

Once there you wold forward the ports to the IP address of the computer running magic jack.

Here is a website that shows you step by step instructions to port forwarding on a netgear router: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/WGR614/eMule.htm

scroll down about half way down the page.
Wyrdmage
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the ports forwarded, thank you for your help on that. Smile The problem however, still exists. It never had this problem before, so I don't understand why it would suddenly start acting up like this. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Negeltu
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been poking around in the registry ... I'm curious... could you go to your start menu > Run > type "regedit"

Then navigate to this entry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\talk4free\USB Softphone\Options\Audio

and see if the EnableNoiseReduction is set to 1.
Wyrdmage
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, Enablenoisereduction is indeed set to "1".
Negeltu
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm ok nvm Laughing

Maybe it is hardware failure. The MJ itself. If your ports are forwarded... I really don't know what the problem could be. Maybe someone else has some ideas. Good luck.
Wyrdmage
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, yeah I really hope someone else can help because the MJ support guys are f-ing CLUELESS. I am open to all suggestions, so please, any and all ideas are WELCOME!!
shampooguy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grooverince wrote:

OK, so I want to try this, but it seems confusing. What does 5070-070 mean?

When I log into my router firewall options, I see selections for TCP and UDP with range fields. So does 5070-070 mean a range of 5070-5070? Add theses ranges 80-80, 443-443 for both UDP and TCP? Thanks for any clarification.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wyrdmage wrote:
thanks, yeah I really hope someone else can help because the MJ support guys are f-ing CLUELESS. I am open to all suggestions, so please, any and all ideas are WELCOME!!

What does http://www.testyourvoip.com report?
Wyrdmage
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a score of 4.1 from www.testyourvoip.com
saxman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you doing anything else like big downloads while on the phone? Is your internet speed the same as before? Have you added any more periphrials lately?-

Check your pm-I sent you an email address for help-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: