magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Why does my telephone not ring on incoming calls ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N1ASS
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject: Why does my telephone not ring on incoming calls ? Reply with quote

I have tried everything on the list below and 4 different land line phones and still not working, Also bought another brand new unit.Please help.Thank you, long time user of 6 years.

If you see you are receiving an incoming call, but your telephone does not audibly ring, first verify proper telephone operation:

Make sure the ringer on your telephone is in the ON position
Make sure the ringer volume is in the proper position
Ensure the phone cord connected to the base unit with your magicJack is no longer than six feet.

If your telephone still does not ring, please try connecting a different phone to your magicJack device.

ADVANCED TROUBLESHOOTING

If basic troubleshooting fails, this may indicate that your magicJack device’s firmware needs to be updated. Please see this article for further details.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

PjMJ
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Android / Win 7 Ringing-Notification Problems. Reply with quote

I've had intermittent problems where the phone will not ring this Summer. Always was ringing before.

No changes at my end from what I can tell. It's the same phone, same original MJ plugged into my 2010 computer.

Now, a different problem in the last few weeks or so: No notifications or ringing on my Android device.

- Pj
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: