magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can you Remove MagicJack icon from toprow on Android device?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goonda61
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Can you Remove MagicJack icon from toprow on Android device? Reply with quote

I have a Motorola Atrix 4G - Android OS phone.

Is there a way to remove the MagicJack icon from the top row of the display? I understand that magicjack runs in the background, but is there a way to get rid of the icon.

I have linked a screenshot from my phone;

As you can see, there is a magicjack icon on the top left corner. Is there a way to permanently disable this icon coming up?

Right now I have to manually go into settings and force close the app to get rid of it

Thanks
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

goonda61
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone?
unlockmaster
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Can you Remove MagicJack icon from toprow on Android dev Reply with quote

goonda61 wrote:

Is there a way to remove the MagicJack icon from the top row of the display? I understand that magicjack runs in the background, but is there a way to get rid of the icon.

As you can see, there is a magicjack icon on the top left corner. Is there a way to permanently disable this icon coming up?

Right now I have to manually go into settings and force close the app to get rid of it

Thanks

i was wondering the same thing since magic jack is a battery draining application in 2 hours drain 15% of my battery on my galaxy s3 i manege to shut down the application when i go to settings/application manager select the application and force close thats the only way i can close the application without deleting it
conniemadagain
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you Remove MagicJack icon from toprow on Android dev Reply with quote

You can't remove the icon and it sucks batter life ... SO I removed it long ago ans still do not miss it !!!

unlockmaster wrote:
goonda61 wrote:

Thanks

i was wondering the same thing since magic jack is a battery draining application in 2 hours drain 15% of my battery on my galaxy s3 i manege to shut down the application when i go to settings/application manager select the application and force close thats the only way i can close the application without deleting it
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Can you Remove MagicJack icon from toprow on Android dev Reply with quote

conniemadagain wrote:
You can't remove the icon and it sucks batter life ... SO I removed it long ago ans still do not miss it !!!

unlockmaster wrote:
goonda61 wrote:

Thanks

Good to know. (but why quote orig. post on top all the time? - )
goonda61
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Dell Voice now.
It's just as good + you get a free local number and their is an option to exit the application right on the home screen.
Not going to use magic jack any more.
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you Remove MagicJack icon from toprow on Android dev Reply with quote

Because I can ...

Pilot wrote:
conniemadagain wrote:

unlockmaster wrote:
goonda61 wrote:

Thanks

Good to know. (but why quote orig. post on top all the time? - )
Exclamation
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky You!
dacaria
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you Remove MagicJack icon from toprow on Android dev Reply with quote

unlockmaster wrote:
goonda61 wrote:

Thanks

You can turn off the MagicJack app without having to do a force close. In the open magicjack app, there is a menu bar on top: Recent, Contacts, Account, Keypad, Voicemail. Touch ACCOUNT. On your Android phone (I have the Samsung Galaxy S4) press the menu button, a screen opens in the app. Press QUIT. It will shut down the entire app, saving your battery, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: