magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Garbled Calls + Low Volume | Inability to bypass Operator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adminpfcs
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Garbled Calls + Low Volume | Inability to bypass Operator

Greetings all MJ Vets!

Below are my issues and I would greatly appreciate some assistance with this awesome yet quirkly device:

1. Garbled calls - All calls NEVER come in clear. I have an RCA 25825 ViSYS systems and I tell you what, I feel like the other person is talking to me through a football length of gift wrap tubes. It's like "Genie in a Bottle" sound. Add to that, the static and often garbled voice.
*tried moving the usb to other ports, turned up volume on computer for handset AND on MJ itself under Menu>Volume>Telephone>Speaker + (max'd)*

2. Lately, my boss has been calling in the MJ line from his cell. He can only bypass the auto attendant 20% of the time and the remaining, he has to call me from the other line to access me. I am not sure why MJ "sometimes" will allow him to bypass by "0" and "100" and a lot of times, there is a delay of 2 minutes on his end before reaching me.

3. Please assist in confirming my set up is correct:
-Line from ATT to a splitter>GREEN to Wireless Modem>WHITE to RCA phone system router
-Line 1 (MJ)>RCA Router #1 port>MJ Phone>USB Port on Computer, Line 2 Dedicated, Line 3 optional fax
-All three are plugged into router>Ethernet cable to back of phone unit

4. All my other lines are good....incoming/outgoing

5. Lastly....PLEASE tell me there is a way to shut down the MJ pop up? I am typing proposals all day and when I dial out, I hate when I am typing and MJ pops up and my "mouse decides" this is where I want to start typing is in the MJ "enter number here"....GRRRR!

HELP!

Please PM me or just reply...either way I am set up to receive ANY and ALL assistance...

TIA! - Silvia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: