magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

S/H and extra $10.01 fee & MJ completes orders by itself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madraida
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: S/H and extra $10.01 fee & MJ completes orders by itself Reply with quote

I just availed of the "half-off MagicJack Plus and transfer your current plan" offer. It was $34.95 + 7.95 S/H + 4.8% regulatory/compliance expense = $44.96. The total charge showing on the "review your order page" was $54.97. What was the extra $10.01 for?

The order confirmation e-mail I received though only shows the $44.96 charge.

Magicjack shipping fees are too high. Their package is so small and light that it would fit in a USPS flat rate small box that costs only $5.15-5.30. Their shipping for a replacement unit is even higher - $10.30. It's hard to imagine that their small light uint/package requires "special handling" that justifies the extra $2.80-5.15 S/H charge.

Update:

I went through two orders today:

first order - I did not complete this. When I was on the "review your order" page, I (1) Did not choose shipping method and (2) closed the browser. I didn't complete the first order because I was wondering if the $10.01 extra fee was from choosing "lifetime warranty and auto-renew" which was the only add-on I added.

second order - I completed this order though not physically by me. I was still printing the page to pdf. I had not clicked any of the shipping method button when the page just changed to the "thank you. your order has been completed" page.

I then received two order confirmation emails. One, I assume, is for the first order that I did not complete and the second, for the second order that I intended to complete but that MagicJack completed for me.

Wow, that's funny and sleazy at the same time. A business completing an order without a customer telling them to complete the order. Now, I have to go through CS to cancel either the first or the second order.
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the website reminds me a bit too much of the 'as seen on tv' websites that funnel you through at least four upsells without showing you the price until after you've given your credit card. I like knowing my options before they ask for my digits. I'm pretty darned coy that way.
black_icon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could agree with you guys. I believe it's a system glitch or shall we say mj trick?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Public_Domain
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

File a complaint:

http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/
greenman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Public_Domain wrote:
File a complaint:

http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/

Razz Meh.

I'm not sure BBB is all that up to snuff either. They're in the business of selling a seal-of-approval at a cost.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo8kfV9kONw

At this point in time, BBB is little more than a protection racket. If you have the money to pay for a good rating, it doesn't matter what people say about it.

Any time I've complained to them, I've never heard back. I've never gotten any satisfaction. Frankly, I have no faith in the BBB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: