magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magicjack virtualbox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on Linux
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlkz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Magicjack virtualbox

Im trying to get magicjack installed on ubuntu 10.04 in virtualbox fully updated with win xp. but idk what i'm doing wrong it shows up as a cd drive and starts to try to install and up date but then says its not connected and goes to the web page.

I have pic too.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkjkrules/4831537005/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkjkrules/4831539157/

thanks guys
jlkz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject:

ok so u need oracle vm virtual box not the one that u find in the add programs. but its running very splotchy.
Tascam1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: openSUSE, VirtualBox and MagicJack working!!!

Hello Everyone:

After reading posts on the forum for over 4 straight hours, I finally cut the plastic off and plugged in my magicjack.(VirtualBox)

I did not mount anything or do any configurations in openSUSE
In VirtualBox under USB Devices I selected "Tiger Jet Network, Inc. USB Internet Phone By Tiger Jet[0044]"

Immediately after selecting the USB device, the magicjack did all of the installation and update routines and was immediately usable.

Very good sound quality on both ends and I can dial with the keys on my phone.

No additional software or hacks required.

I would love to run the magicjack natively on linux but I don't believe that is possible right now.

System Information:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3 GHz (Hyperthreaded)
4 GiB Ram (3.5 recognized)
Multiple hard drives
nVidia GeForce FX 5200 Video Card
3D driver: NVIDIA 173.14.2
openSUSE 11.3(i586)
KDE 4.4.4 “release 3”
Oracle VirtualBox 3.2.12 r68302:
General
Windows XP Service Pack 3
System
Base Memory: 1024 MB
Processor(s) 1
Display
Video Memory 128 MB
3D Acceleration Enabled
2D Video Acceleration Enabled
Storage
IDE Primary Master Wind~Pack3.vmdk (Normal, 30.00 GB)
Audio
Host Driver ALSA Audio Driver
Controller ICH AC97
Network
Adapter 1 Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop(Bridged adapter, eth0)

I hope that this helps someone.....

Good Luck With Your Magic Jacks
slarv
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Ubuntu 10.10 and Magicjack working using VMware

Hi all. I am a new Linux user and a new Magicjack owner.

I initially tried VirtualBox but it didn't work. Everything loaded fine but it just didn't work.

I installed VMware 3.1 (and used windows XP) and it appears to be working perfect. Sound quality is great even though I am using a six year old computer with a lightweight DSL.

A bonus to this setup is that MJ doesn't cause my computer to 'loose focus' when I am doing other things with it because it is running in the background in its own virtual machine.

Linux is awesome. I wish I knew more about it, that will just take time.
rockeng
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Take a side trip down the VMware road

I also tried virtual box and had similar results with UBuntu and KNoppix 6.2 which are both Debian(Lenny core) based.

I tried VMware player and it worked without a lot of tinkering. This is good for me because I don't have the apptitude to learn all the ins and outs of Linux just to get my MJ to work without a BJ and a hammer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on Linux All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: