magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using MJ on ATA

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingfisher1111
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Using MJ on ATA Reply with quote

Friends,
If I use MJ on SIP ATA will they disconnect my account,if they find it?
Is that given in TOS?
Please guide me..
Thanks
Sarath
MagicHack
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Using MJ on ATA Reply with quote

kingfisher1111 wrote:
Friends,
If I use MJ on SIP ATA will they disconnect my account,if they find it?
Is that given in TOS?
Please guide me..
Thanks
Sarath

Using the magicJack service with an ATA is specifically NOT allowed as per the Terms of Service.

Section 8 of the TOS wrote:
You agree not to access the magicJack services by any means other than through the Software and the magicJack device

As far as, will they disconnect the account, only magicJack would be able to answer that.
kingfisher1111
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how you people are going to overcome on this ?
Thanks
sarath
drjekyl
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, they have indicated no means of knowing or figuring out the difference as to when an account is being run on a MJ or an ATA on their end. Apparently, that is the choice they made when they chose to run MJ's on a simple SIP system.
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest if you use magicJack service with an ATA to keep your mouth shut so magicJack won't find out;)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
drjekyl
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, they are going to look up Dr. Jekyl? All they are going to find is Mr. Hyde!!! Bwaaaaahaaaahaaahaaaahaaa!!!!
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right now it is in beta.... they have other priorities..

as things get stable, the portal rollout (which happened 2 days ago), international calling rollout etc this may move up the priority list

the more people do it, the more public it is on the net, the more likely they will close the hole

but of course the very sharp brains in this forum will eventually hack their fix too =)
bigballa2345
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so if you do configure to work with an ATA, will that make magicjack be able to work while computer is shut down?
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes
InTheSky74
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Help! Reply with quote

Can anyone here help me get my MagicJack set up on my ATA?

I hate having to have my computer turned on!
MagicHack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Reply with quote

InTheSky74 wrote:
Can anyone here help me get my MagicJack set up on my ATA?

I hate having to have my computer turned on!

There are a couple of posts here and here to get you started...
InTheSky74
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this is just a bit too technical for me! Sad

I was one of the ones burned by SunRocket, and I was able to configure my ATA for Gizmo Project, but would really rather use my MagicJack.

If anyone is able to simplify this at some time, let me know. Smile
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of ATA do you have (AC-211, InnoMedia, Linksys, other)?
What settings did you change to make it work for Gizmo Project?
For which of those setings, if any, are you missing the corresponding information for MJ?
If you have already tried a setup, post the details (but mask personal info) and report what happens when it tries to register or you try to call.
bigballa2345
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really shouldn't be that hard. You need to first download fiddler2 at fiddler2.com. Once you do that you should start the fiddler2 program.

The next step is to shut down your magicjack and then restart the program.

Once you do that you should click on the host line that shows it as being prov1.talk4free.com.

There should be tabs to the right of the fiddler program that shows things like performance statistics, then session inspector is next. Click on the tab that says session inspector.

Additional tabs should then appear beneath those that says transformer, header, text view, etc. You need to click on the tab that says text view.

Under that your sip settings will appear which would be your proxy user name and proxy user password. Once you do that you should be able to use those to enter into your gizmos sip credentials.

Since you said you configured it to work with gizmo i'm assuming you already know the admin password to change the settings. The settings on the sip page should be the following:

On VoIP->SIP Proxy page:
SIP Proxy: 67.90.152.70:5070
Use Outbound Proxy: checked
SIP Local Signaling Port: 5060
SIP Domain: 67.106.133.198
Registration Expiration Time: 60
Preferred CODECs List: PCMU/8000, PCMA/8000

VoIP->User Account page:
Line No.: 1
User ID: E212555121201 (use your account name from Fiddler)
User Password: (from Fiddler)
Confirm Password: (same as above)
User Name: unknown (or your name)
Authentication ID: (same as User ID)
Use Hot Phone Number: No
Enable T38 FAX: No

I assume provisioning is already off because you have already set it up. If this post helps you out at all PLEASE GIVE ALL KUDOS TO MAGICHACK AND STEWART. I SIMPLY TOOK THEIR INFO FROM THEM AND WENT A LITTLE MORE IN DEPTH. The sip credentials is just a copy and paste of Stewarts post in another thread. Good luck and ask any questions if any additional problems.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fiddler you may need to check the view or show https under one of the menus
InTheSky74
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Help... Reply with quote

Okay guys.....

I got all my information (below)....

[SIP 2.0] ProxyUserName=E718713XXXXXX

ProxyUserPassword=800439XXXXX

SIPCallerID=E718713XXXXXX

RegisterOnProxy=1

SIPVoiceMailAddress=718713XXXX

EnableTelephoneEvents=1

UserDomain=67.106.133.198

ProxyDomain=proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com

ProxyPort=5070

ProxyStrictOutbound=1

[CustomFields] CustomField17="http://67.106.133.212/upgrade/2007-01-07/magicJackOutlookAddin.exe" CustomField10="http://www.free411.com" CustomField11="718713XXXX" [Customer] CustomerBannerURL="http://67.106.133.212/ads/rotate2.html"

[SoftwareUpdate] SoftwareUpdateVersionRequired=20070921151100 SoftwareUpdateURL=http://67.106.133.212/upgrade/2007-09-21/upgrade.exe SoftwareUpdateAutoInstall=0 SoftwareUpdateInstallDelay=1

Here's the thing, I went into my admin for the PAP2, and the settings you guys are telling me here are not on my settings. When I click on advanced, some of them are there, but there are TONS of settings listed, and I don't know what I am supposed to change.

Does anyone here happen to have an unlocked PAP2 like me, and can tell me exactly what I need to change to make this work?

I appreciate everyones assistance!
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under line 1 or 2:
Proxy: 67.106.133.198
Outbound Proxy: 67.90.152.70:5070
Use Outbound Proxy: yes
Use OB Proxy In Dialog: yes
Register: yes
Make Call Without Reg: no
Register Expires: 52
Ans Call Without Reg: no

Display Name: X
User ID: EXXXXXXXXXX01
Password: XXXXXXXXX
Use Auth ID: no

If device was set by old provider, make sure that Restructed Access Domains is blank.

this is on pap2t... assuming pap2 is similar
anant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: MJ does not install on comp-2 in LAN. Will MJ-ATA help me ? Reply with quote

Hi guys:

I have a chronic problem of not being able to have MJ work on my second computer even with lot of effots by MJ tech support. It works on my first computer. If I can learn and somehow make MJ work on an ata ( of course with the help of this forum) then it looks it could solve my problem and MJ should work on my network independent of my computers. If this is correct, then I feel motivated to learn this process of adapting MJ to an ata. Do you think MJ - ata route would help me ?
Thanks for reply in anticipation.

anant
bigballa2345
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it'll most likely help you work on your network at home but you still won't be totally portable with the jack. Look at the various threads for in depth step by step how to get that sip information.
InTheSky74
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU!!!!

It worked!
anant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: MJ does not install on comp-2 in LAN. Will MJ-ATA help me Reply with quote

Hi Bigbella2345:
Thx for ur prompt reply. I will study various forums on this subject and do homework before I bug this forum. I would like to purchase a brand new ATA ( unlocked one) which has some documentation as how to use and play with it. Which ATA would u recommend that has been proved to work aith MJ something that is easy to play around by a novice. I hear use of PAP2 on this forum. Can u kindly suggest to me a link or links for me to study and learn right earnest on this subject. I could make some time available to work on this interesting project. I have down loaded Fiddler2 earlier and have not been able to get SIP information from it. I seem to see some information on this thread on the step by step use of Fiddler2 to obtain SIP information.
Thanks in anticipation of ur reply.

anant
bigballa2345
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i posted it step by step. make sure that https decryption is enabled under options and you must initiate magicjack program while fiddler2 is already running.
bigballa2345
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know what may be the easiest but I am using the innomedia because I had sunrocket and that seemed pretty easy to set up in my opinion but others may have had easy success with other ata's. I dont think its a question of which one is the easiest but just which one you have.
kconaty
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: SPA-2002 Reply with quote

Need help with SPA-2002

I have the info from Fiddler

thanks
kconaty
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind, i see above how to do it, thanks!!
kconaty
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody used MJ with Voxalot?
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kconaty wrote:
Anybody used MJ with Voxalot?

I use voxalot but not magicjack with it. You can't receive calls from your magicjack number with free Voxalot if thats your question.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kconaty
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have voxalot premium but am more interested in outgoing calls using voxalot anyways.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone having trouble with ata connection issues?
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffnyc wrote:

nope rolling good here even after number change. I love the ATA its a power saver and better quality then going through the USB of MagicJack hardware.
Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kumar wrote:
jeffnyc wrote:

nope rolling good here even after number change. I love the ATA its a power saver and better quality then going through the USB of MagicJack hardware.
Kumar

Did u ever get the spoof utility to run on the router?
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, I really really want to, but 2 things. First, I'm in school and have a lot of homwork these days and had 5 tests today. Second, I dont think i can come up with that kind of code....Bring out Magichack!!
Happy Holidays
msiam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, I'm tickled to say that I , with the help of a few very helpful members of the forum, have managed to get my MJ running on my old InnoMedia ATA from Teleblend and SR. Thanks a heck of a lot, guys.. You know who you are.. You have made life easier. I still have a few glitches going on and thought I would throw them out to see if there may be a remedy that someone might know the cure. I get very clear, unbelievably clear and clean, calls now. Yet. when I am allowing an upload of any speed, like with a Bit Torrent program..(Azurus) My calls get choppy and crappy. This happened also when using the USB. I remember back about a year and a half ago when I had trouble with the same type of calls while using SR. The tech at the SR trouble desk then talked me through dedicating a certian amount of up speed to the SR Gizmo. Now, I have the right parameters set up in my router right now with the 5070 and the 5060 in the right places, but this still happens. Any one have the cure? I would welcome a PM or something if this is out of the realm of this discussion. This is got me baffled and I am not a novice on provisioning. Help would be appreciated.. One other thing.. would it be impossible to still have the soft phone from MJ? It does hold the Phone directories, the quick dial, call history that I can see that I will miss.. If there is another alternative to that.. I am all for knowing it. Thanks so far, all that have been such a great help.. I see a very helpful community here that contains people that don't mind working with the brain retentive folks such as myself..
ChuckIL
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the Sunrocket tech had you do was set QOS on the Innomedia adapter to reserve a certain amount of bandwidth for VOIP calls. You can read through about 4 pages of posts on the topic at http://www.sunrocketforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=439 . This will only work if the adapter is between the modem and any router you may have. If the adapter is behind a router, then you would need to enable QOS on the router, assuming it is capable of this. A google search on QOS and VOIP will reveal more info.
candlebox1369
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to ATAs mentioned, which one is best?

Linksys SPA2102
SunRocket AC-211-SR
InnoMedia MTA6328-2Re

-Which ones need to be unlocked, which ones don't?
-Which ones provide the best features or is easiest to set up?
-Which ones work best for purposes of magicJack?

For example, the AC-211-SR has a space for putting a caller ID number such as one's grandcentral number (as noted by kumar).

Suggestions?
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candlebox1369 wrote:
In regards to ATAs mentioned, which one is best?

Linksys SPA2102
SunRocket AC-211-SR
InnoMedia MTA6328-2Re

-Which ones need to be unlocked, which ones don't?
-Which ones provide the best features or is easiest to set up?
-Which ones work best for purposes of magicJack?

For example, the AC-211-SR has a space for putting a caller ID number such as one's grandcentral number (as noted by kumar).

Suggestions?

I think they're all the same, BUT the AC-211-SR and InnoMedia MTAA6328-2RE are the easiest to unlock and SPA2102 is a pain in the ass compared to those 2. Otherwise I think both of them are the same.
Hope it helps
Kumar
msiam

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChuckIL wrote:
What the Sunrocket tech had you do was set QOS on the Innomedia adapter to reserve a certain amount of bandwidth for VOIP calls. You can read through about 4 pages of posts on the topic at http://www.sunrocketforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=439 . This will only work if the adapter is between the modem and any router you may have. If the adapter is behind a router, then you would need to enable QOS on the router, assuming it is capable of this. A google search on QOS and VOIP will reveal more info.

Thanks ChuckIL that was very helpful and is exactly what the tech was helping me with.
fmaresca
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Need Help with SunRocket AC-211-SR Reply with quote

I wish I found this forum last month when things were a bit easier trying to get the SIP settings for my AC-211-SR.

I have installed Cain & Able and can't seem to capture the information needed to run the brute force password cracker. At this point would it make sense to post a complete how to for us newbies, so we can get the settings from MagicJack and transfer those settings to ATA's such as the AC-211-SR?

Thanks.
MODERNMAN1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, SO HAVE THEY FIGURED OUT HOW TO BLOCK US FROM GETTING THE SIP INFO OFF FIDDLER? I'VE ENABLED THE "DECRYPT HTTPS TRAFFIC" AND I STILL GET AN ENCYPTED TEXTVIEW
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what I heard, MagicJack currently encrypts all SIP passwords so you can not use MagicJack with a standalone ATA (Analog Telephone Adaptor). However, I also heard that MagicJack would allow BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) probably around March 2008.

Let's wait a few more months so that MJ works out all the kinks in their service and provides BYOD service.

Last edited by LikeMagic on Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpamBox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MODERNMAN1 wrote:
OK, SO HAVE THEY FIGURED OUT HOW TO BLOCK US FROM GETTING THE SIP INFO OFF FIDDLER? I'VE ENABLED THE "DECRYPT HTTPS TRAFFIC" AND I STILL GET AN ENCYPTED TEXTVIEW

Just have to have patience and wait until MJ gets all the kinks worked out. I think they are working on the security side of it. Once they get that done, they'll probably allow BYOD's
kba
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So trying to get your SIP info now will not work ( I have my old SR gizmo unlocked)? I got my MJ USB device about 2.5 weeks ago.

If that is the case, I will not spend time with Fiddler etc and wait till March 2008. But wanted to double check if people have been able to do this as of now, then I will give it a shot.
kingfisher1111
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Luck....
SpamBox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kba wrote:
So trying to get your SIP info now will not work ( I have my old SR gizmo unlocked)? I got my MJ USB device about 2.5 weeks ago.

If that is the case, I will not spend time with Fiddler etc and wait till March 2008. But wanted to double check if people have been able to do this as of now, then I will give it a shot.

That is correct. We can only hope that magicJack will allow it soon. At one time, people were able to, and that's when I placed my order for both my MJ & ATA, but in the week I spent waiting for both - an upgrade came out that encrypted and strengthened everyone's password, which is safer in the long run especially for those who might use MJ in a wi-fi/public area.

So sucks for now, but hopefully not forever.
You could try Fiddler or Cain, but it'll probably be March 2009 before it figures it out... so better to just wait it out and not have your pc all tied up!
SpamBox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know why it double posted this?

Last edited by SpamBox on Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpamBox wrote:

So sucks for now, but hopefully not forever.
You could try Fiddler or Cain, but it'll probably be March 2009 before it figures it out... so better to just wait it out and not have your pc all tied up!

Why March 2009? With 12-digit password, Cain could "brute force" the password in about 3 days. However, be warned, that if you use MJ service with an ATA device (which will send out a different SIP "User Agent" than that if sent via MJ device) MagicJack [server] would detect it and they WILL cancel your MJ account. Someone already confirmed his account got canceled by MagicJack CS for using ATA.
SpamBox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikeMagic wrote:

Why March 2009? With 12-digit password, Cain could "brute force" the password in about 3 days. However, be warned, that if you use MJ service with an ATA device (which will send out a different SIP "User Agent" than that if sent via MJ device) MagicJack [server] would detect it and they WILL cancel your MJ account. Someone already confirmed his account got canceled by MagicJack CS for using ATA.

IF you know it's a 12 character password - could be any where from 4 - 20 characters, so it's going to take a little longer than 3 days.
The March 2009 is a little extreme but it was more for effect - it's going to take a long time.
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up to 20-digit password now for MJ? Shocked Shocked My bad! It's going to take a while, perhaps a few years to break Smile
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mind showing us how? Rolling Eyes What are we looking for in PMDUMP?
SpamBox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the file and run it from a Command Prompt. It will give you the instructions you need.

Easy tool to use.
Good Luck on finding what you're looking for.

I couldn't find it that way but I only did network security for a couple of years and it's been a few so I'm probably rusty.

Last edited by SpamBox on Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: