magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Magicjack on Alpman Thin Client - HPt5000/t5520

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
limitme
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Using Magicjack on Alpman Thin Client - HPt5000/t5520 Reply with quote

Not sure if its a t5000 or t5520. The main hp sticker says t5000, but there's another white sticker that says t5520.

Anyway...

I have very fast internet...download is usually around 18 Mbps and upload is fast as well.

Several places I've called say, there's static and they were having trouble hearing me. Also, several times, I pick up the phone and there's no dial tone. I cannot get a dial tone until I reboot the thin client.
At first, I thought some of these issues could be the cordless phone I had connected to it, so i bought a corded phone.
Still having the same issues.

I've hear lots of good things from Alpmans thin clients....but i'm not sure what's going on here...

I will say this....he shipped it out very fast and the packaging was very good and professional.
slceso
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should probably contact him direct. Send him an email (not PM) and he'll work with you to fix you up.
limitme
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slceso wrote:
You should probably contact him direct. Send him an email (not PM) and he'll work with you to fix you up.

I did...unfortunately he hasn't answered yet.
limitme
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: re: Reply with quote

still hasn't answered yet....

April 11......2010...

Can anyone help me with this Alpman thin client....

sometimes I get a dial tone...sometimes I don't....

even when i get a dial tone I call the number...nothing happens...

this is very frustrating....
slceso
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't have much time to chat, but you may look at trying to route to a different mj server. I'm not sure how to do it, but there are posts in this forum. I can almost assure you that the prob is not related to the TC, because many of us use the same setup with no issue. A lot of folks will say that the biggest issue with call quality is your ISP quality. if you have a low ping, it may be an issue with theit ser4vers.

who is your ISP?

what else (if any) did you load onto the TC? They won't handle running a lot of stuff in the background or surfing without risking your call quality.

I'll try to check back and see your results.

good luck.

p.s. I am fighting with my MJ right now too. if this thing worked right out of the box for everyone, it would be revolutionary.
limitme
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slceso wrote:
don't have much time to chat, but you may look at trying to route to a different mj server. I'm not sure how to do it, but there are posts in this forum. I can almost assure you that the prob is not related to the TC, because many of us use the same setup with no issue. A lot of folks will say that the biggest issue with call quality is your ISP quality. if you have a low ping, it may be an issue with theit ser4vers.

who is your ISP?

what else (if any) did you load onto the TC? They won't handle running a lot of stuff in the background or surfing without risking your call quality.

I'll try to check back and see your results.

good luck.

p.s. I am fighting with my MJ right now too. if this thing worked right out of the box for everyone, it would be revolutionary.

My ISP is comcast...so far they have been fantastic...my download speeds are usually very fast...about 18 Mbps....and upload is very nice as well....

as far as the TC....I haven't installed or added anything to it...
the only thing I did was uninstall the Teamviewer he had installed on it....

that's it.....

I'll look up that magicjack server thing....
limitme
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: re: Reply with quote

Ok, i tried that....

its still not getting a dial tone sometimes....
jeison
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you sould give more especifications, on your hard ware ser up, so some one here can help you with your problem,

post what you have for RAM,, HD CAPACITY, PROCESSOR ETC.

if i where you, i will try, to flash a fresh copy of xpe, on your system,
that might work!!

good ludk...
Public_Domain
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeison,

Where would one find a copy of XPe for 5520? I thought they only came with CE and Alpman had his own customized image.
limitme
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: re: Reply with quote

I changed it from restarting once a week (as Alpman had it set) to once everyday....

that seemed to really help the problem out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: