magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using a thin client but no sound using phone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guliver
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Using a thin client but no sound using phone Reply with quote

I have a problem with a 256/256 T5710 using this for MagicJack. I have the software installed without a problem and all seems to be great except I cannot get audio in the phone, it comes though the speaker in the client. I turned off the audio and the microphone on the sound card, turned it on, no difference. The phone is a Vtech 5.8 and it works great with a regular computer, but on the thin client the phone is dead in the water when it comes to the thin client.

Thanx in advance
Boondocs
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you connecting to the TC? Do you use a remote pc program or do you have a monitor hooked up to it? If you are using Remote Desktop Connection make sure you leave the audio on the TC. It is in the setup of the Remote Desktop Connection.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Using a thin client but no sound using phone Reply with quote

guliver wrote:
I have a problem with a 256/256 T5710 using this for MagicJack. I have the software installed without a problem and all seems to be great except I cannot get audio in the phone, it comes though the speaker in the client. I turned off the audio and the microphone on the sound card, turned it on, no difference. The phone is a Vtech 5.8 and it works great with a regular computer, but on the thin client the phone is dead in the water when it comes to the thin client.

Thanx in advance

Don't mean to offend but I find most problems are just the basics. Have you checked the "Switch to telephone" option in the Magicjack Menu options?
guliver
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for answering. I have a multi switch to use one monitor for several computers. I am hooked up to the TC directly and it seems no matter how I configure it, the audio only works on the TC. On the device manager the MJ shows up like a CD (audio) and shows that it is working correctly. I can dial out on the phone, but all the audio wants to go thru the TC. On the MJ screen, I do not have the option to use the phone only the sound card.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guliver wrote:
Thanx for answering. I have a multi switch to use one monitor for several computers. I am hooked up to the TC directly and it seems no matter how I configure it, the audio only works on the TC. On the device manager the MJ shows up like a CD (audio) and shows that it is working correctly. I can dial out on the phone, but all the audio wants to go thru the TC. On the MJ screen, I do not have the option to use the phone only the sound card.

When you click on "Menu" in the magicJack window what does the top line read?
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guliver wrote:

If you go into "Device Manager" scroll down to "Sound, video and game controllers" open it up and see if the is an entry for "USB Audio Device". If there is then click on properties for it and see if the location says "USB 0 (USB Internet Phone by Tigerjet)" That is the magicJack audio device which supplies audio to your phone.
stevereno
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VaHam wrote:
If you go into "Device Manager" scroll down to "Sound, video and game controllers" open it up and see if the is an entry for "USB Audio Device". If there is then click on properties for it and see if the location says "USB 0 (USB Internet Phone by Tigerjet)" That is the magicJack audio device which supplies audio to your phone.

I'm having the exact same problem as the OP. I installed MJ on a thin client and all appeared to go well, but I can't hear a dialtone out of the MJ. When I go to the Sound settings as described above, I don't see the "USB Internet Phone by Tigerjet" as an drop down option, I just see the soundcard for the thin client. Also, in the MJ screen drop down Menu, I do not see the "Switch to Headset" option either. Any ideas? Maybe USB driver issue?

The thin client I'm running is a WYSE 9450 256/256 which has XPe SP1
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Using a thin client but no sound using phone Reply with quote

guliver wrote:
it comes though the speaker in the client.

Try installing an audio driver. See Jeepster's great guide for setting up a thin client. Scroll down almost to the end of the 1st posting to the section "Download and install USB audio driver" where you'll see a link thusly: http://rs9.rapidshare.com/files/139809142/USBAudio.Driver.zip

I can't recall if that solved the problem immediately, or if you need to go to Start > Control Panel > Sounds and then change the sounds to the new usb driver (I don't have access to the TC currently, so don't know the exact tab name).

Link to that discussion
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/dummies-guide-configure-an-hp-t5700-for-mj-using-xpe-w-sp2-t3605.html
stevereno
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU TONY!

That worked like a champ. Updating the USB drivers solved my problem.

Much appreciated.

Steve
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,
Glad it worked for you. If you are into tweaking your MJ, thin client, network for better call quality, check out the discussions on turning on Quality of Service settings (QOS) in your router if available, or by adding a Hawkings Broadband Booster. There's lots written in these forums on those two techniques and will turn up with a search.
zzdiesel
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a 64 bit usb driver of the one mentioned above?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: