magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrading to MJ plus still have some time left on regular

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anivast999
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Upgrading to MJ plus still have some time left on regular Reply with quote

I just got MJ plus, but still have time until September on regular. Anybody knows duration of shelf life for MJ plus so I can use it after old device expired?
anivast999
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can somebody confirm! In case I registering PLUS as a same number as old MJ I'm not getting free year? Is it will be same expiration date as on old MJ?
scotty200
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi you will get the year on the new one but the old one will exp and u will need to renew if u want to keep using both

have a happy Christmas
anivast999
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply. I also have 2nd expiration date for canadian number which is in March. Is it will stay same?
canbye
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same Q as anivast999 but replies have not clarified things regarding the free year. My account still shows the same expiration as before (under the MJ plan), although it too is confusing. It says

Device Status
Renews 02/20/2014

Number
(a/c) phone-#
it is a Canadian Phone Number, same as for MJ

Number Status
Expires 04/02/2013

It was a surprise to learn that the number expired differently than the MJ plan. By clicking on the embeded link, I found that there was a button for Auto-Renew so I clicked that. Is there a charge to renew the number?

I plugged in the MJP and gave it a try. Successful. But the free year associated with it is nowhere to be seen in My Account. Shouldn't the date be extended to 2015?? How would one request that the free year be added?

I haven't tried to plug the old MJ into the computer so I'm wondering what to do with it. It would be marginally easier for my laziness to use the old MJ with the computer than to disturb the independent MJP setup. Not sure why I would do that other than recovering the old phone numbers, but is it ok to use the old MJ? Is it still enabled? Is it ok to have both online at the same time?
anivast999
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canbye,

Regarding Canadian number - it has annual fee $10, so it's normal to have 2 expiration dates.
From your reply I undested you did transfer your old number to MJP already? Do you have same expiry dates(for Canadian number also) for MJP as for MJ?
canbye
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now i'm a bit confused - nothing new. When I first plugged in MJP, I placed a call to Toronto, normally LD, and the call went through no problem. Today, I tried to do the same from the MJP, but was told I must register the MJP by plugging in to computer, etc. So the quick answer is - I don't know if the number is trannsferred or not. I'm trying to check my account but can't get logged in despite receiving the forgotten email password so will edit this when i get through.
anivast999
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canbye,
As I know to use MJP u must first plug it to the computer and go through registration with your account info.
canbye
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks anivast999. I got thru the registration process, ok i guess - although the MJP didn't activate right away, it appears to be connected now ie. has a dial tone.

I'm still unable to sign in to my account. Seems to be a glitch in my computer whereby the password is incorrect even when copied from the email received from the forgotten-email system. I'll try from a different computer a bit later. [edit - no luck signing in from another computer. Any ideas what the problem might be?]

As regards the free year, there is no free year. During the registration, there is the usual sales pitch with an option that sounds like it would be the free year mentioned but careful reading of the wording I realized that it was offering a free year of warranty or something like that. One can buy an extra year of service for approx 28$ or 5 extra years for 99$, during which calls will be free. No big deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: