magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrading T5720 from flash drive to 15 GB 1.8 mini HDD?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stryker
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Upgrading T5720 from flash drive to 15 GB 1.8 mini HDD? Reply with quote

I have a T5720 with 1 GB flash drive but wanted to play around and adapt a Toshiba MK1504GAL 15Gb, 1.8" mini hard drive instead. This hard drive from an old ipod. Anybody have a tutorial on how to adapt this to the T5720 and what I should to the to the 1.8 mini hard drive to prepare it for T5720 adapting? Search button here does not work very well. Thanks in advance.

Stryker
Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First sticky, first post in that sticky in this forum -

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/hp-thin-client-modifications-upgrades-for-magicjack-t1493.html

I'm assuming you know that the HP WinXPe image will not work on drives above 1 GB (I think that is the size). You will need a complete version of Windows, not the free download from HP.
Stryker
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Thanks.... Reply with quote

Thanks.

Stryker
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
First sticky, first post in that sticky in this forum -

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/hp-thin-client-modifications-upgrades-for-magicjack-t1493.html

I'm assuming you know that the HP WinXPe image will not work on drives above 1 GB (I think that is the size). You will need a complete version of Windows, not the free download from HP.

Well you can partition the HD and create a 1GB primary for the OS. You can use the rest as a second hard drive install programs there and point TMP, TEMP, caches, bookmarks etc. to it. That is what I do even with a 4GB mircrodrive http://gnbi.com/T5710/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: