magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unlimited cell phone minutes for $25/month

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delavan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Unlimited cell phone minutes for $25/month Reply with quote

I ran across this service today and thought that someone else might be interested. If your current cell phone plan includes free incoming calls, then this service can give you unlimited LD calling from your cell phone to USA and Canada for $25 per month.

www.getfreeairtime.com
JohnnyFreightTRAIN
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty cool service if you're out and about.
I like how when you call the access number it gives you a busy signal so you aren't charged by your cell phone company, then it calls you back and gives you a dialtone. Although some pay as you go plans will charge even if u get a busy signal.

Another service to use when you have access to the internet is dukaDIAL
http://labs.jaduka.com/dukadial
That's COMPLETELY free, all you have to do is register. It works the same way as the one you just posted, except you enter your phone number and the phone number you want to call. Then your phone rings and it connects you to the phone number you entered in the webpage.
dan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know of a cell phone plan that does all free incoming calls? Most of them do charge.

so not sure how viable this service would be.

BTW I was able to create the same service via my asterisk box. But then again. I get charged for inbound calls
msiam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextel, Sprint and us cellular have free incoming plans
dan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use T-mobile they do charge for incoming calls.. bummer this would of been a great service for me..

Anyways if anyone wants to know how to get this service working for free on their asterisk server let me know. As I do have it working.

took less then 10 minutes to setup everything is allready installed in Asterisk..

PM me if interested.

Dan
msiam

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, IMO this is a little steep in price to be practical, you could add the price to your cell plan and get more than enough minutes to make a up the difference But,this could be free to use on your TMo if the same number that you call , calls you back. I haven't tried it, so I have no clue.If it does use the same number out and in just make it a favorite on your fav 5 plan.. I have TMo and I use the RingBranch. It works great, I have to listen to the same stupid McDonalds ad (10 seconds) twice before the call goes thru, but it can be set up to show the RBranch number both ways , out and in, that being a favorite number is free..the incoming usually don't have to hear the ad, so it can be of use.. RBranch gives you 1000 mins free a month.. That is something of use to me anyway..
msiam
dan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there are a lot of benefits from Fav 5. I know you can use Grand Central plus fav 5 for free incoming.. I have also used Ringbranch pretty decent servcie. I do not currently have fav 5 plan. What would be real nice is to find a pay as you go phone with free incoming. Then you could have a totaly free cell phone.

I know you can use wifi phone but in Colorado there are not many open hot spots. a lot of dead areas

thanks for the reply

Dan
Delavan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyFreightTRAIN wrote:
Another service to use when you have access to the internet is dukaDIAL
http://labs.jaduka.com/dukadial
That's COMPLETELY free, all you have to do is register. It works the same way as the one you just posted, except you enter your phone number and the phone number you want to call. Then your phone rings and it connects you to the phone number you entered in the webpage.

I just upgraded my US Cellular plan to a Blackberry Curve with Internet access, hoping to use DukaDial but every time I log in to it, it just goes back to the login screen. It works fine from my desktop. I'm a newbie with the Blackberry but I can see my email address and password are being entered. Any suggestions? Thanks.
msiam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have free incoming, which , I think US cellular has, then you might want to check out the call2 Very Happy It has pay as you go call back that is at 1.5c a min, that isn't bad..Give that a shot, I would think that that wouldnt add up to the $25 a month if you only need it a few times a day during the week.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in 25 more bucks i could go so much further on my family plan. I would just get a better plan if I needed more minutes. But, that is just me this option looks pretty cool for others.

Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
stroths

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone's done it with the MJ, but some setup an Asterisk box at home with their unlimited voip. They set it up so they could call home and type in a code and a new number and the asterisk box would connect them.

They used this in conjuction with a plan where they could either call their home number for free (i.e. fav5).

Basically, they were connected to their home phone number which in turn was connected to the real destination and bridging the two connections.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stroths wrote:
I don't know if anyone's done it with the MJ, but some setup an Asterisk box at home with their unlimited voip. They set it up so they could call home and type in a code and a new number and the asterisk box would connect them.

They used this in conjuction with a plan where they could either call their home number for free (i.e. fav5).

Basically, they were connected to their home phone number which in turn was connected to the real destination and bridging the two connections.

I know a bunch of people with T- Mobile My Favs who do it. Also Altel prepaid has an option for unlimited calling to 1 person where that can be set up. Again IMO I think its useless, but I am either at home or at school. So, minutes don't get used much. It also is a PITA unless you know how to work Asterisk I think.

Kumar Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: