magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uninstalling Magicjack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> MagicJack FAQs (Read this First)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Uninstalling Magicjack Reply with quote

Official magicJack uninstaller provided by magicJack
http://upgrades.talk4free.com/tools/mjRemover.exe

This topic will be updated with the manual uninstall instructions shortly
Freedom1911
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen this question posted here and in other locations and I don't understand.
I had no problem uninstalling MJ from my PC. I bought a new/used PC so I could have a inexpensive dedicated unit just for the MJ. After setting it up.
I just went to Add/Remove in windows and had it uninstall MJ. I never even bothered to see if MJ provided an uninstaller.
After Windows uninstalled MJ I went to
My Computer>C: drive>Program Folder file> (Here I dont remember if it said MagicJack or TigerJet or what) I found the file associated with the MJ software. If I remember correctly my PC would not let me delete it so I renamed the folder rrrrrrr, saved, restarted my PC so that any running background MJ programs would be shut down. After restart the MJ software can not restart because the file in the Program file folder has been renamed.
You just go back in and delete the file you renamed.
Also at this point it is good to run your registry cleaner to remove all MJ entries there. If you dont have one get CCleaner. It works great and is free.
Your done. MJ uninstalled and registry is cleaned of it so that it does not bugger your PC up looking for MJ after you removed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> MagicJack FAQs (Read this First) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: