magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unauthorized Billing by MagicJack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can We trust MagicJack with our credit Card details?
YES.
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
NO.
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

Outraged Client
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Unauthorized Billing by MagicJack. Reply with quote

I received an email from MagicJack saying they have billed my credit card for a new magicJack and if I do not want it I have to answer by replying to the email. I checked my credit card and discovered that indeed they have truly billed me $10.48.

To me - this is a JOKE and purely disgusting. What is this offer that comes out of my own bank account to a magicjack that I already have? What should I do with two units??? Why would MagicJack log in to my credit card and just generously bill me? why do they have my credit card number while I have deleted it of their website?????

I cannot imagine how much I disrespect such a company now. I cannot wait till I send this and go and delete my magicJack no matter what the consequences are. To me MagicJack are praying on the innocent people who do not check their statements. Many similar emails gets deleted just because they look like spam and I truly sympathize with the innocent people who do not read their credit card statements clearly. I also do not understand � How can we trust giving credit cards information on the internet if a company who once I respected (magicJack) just loosely bills me as if my money is a pond of water on the street and any passerby can dip their tongues in.

Good luck you all MagicJack users. the Internet has truly become a disgusting and untrusted place.

regards... and it is time for me to delete my magic-jack - that is if they allow me to do this without wasting 2 hrs of my time fishing for information.

Old MagicJack user.

This is what was sent to me: QUOTE:
Important: Please reply to this email right away if you want any modifications from your order below, so we can ship your magicJack right away. You do not have to take any action if you do not want to make any changes. Please refer all technical questions to the link below when you get your magicJack. Thank you so much and your magicJack is on its way. Dan Borislow, Inventor
Dear FIRST LAST,

Great News. Your 2008 Product of the Year - magicJack, is on its way to you! Get ready to start making free local and long distance calls and get a phone number for life.

If you don't love the magicJack (we know you will), simply return it within thirty days - no questions asked.

Order No.: DELETED
Reference ID: DELETED
Total magicJacks Ordered: 0

Order Shipping Information

Customer Name: FIRST LAST (changed)
Address 1: Not Important
Address 2:
City, State, Zip: what ever.. not important,
Phone#:

Order Summary

Qty Item Description Price Ea Total Price Charge Date
----- -------------------------------------------------- ---------- ------------- -----------
1 Regulatory and Compliance Expense .48 .48 07/28/2011
1 Canadian Phone Number 10.00 10.00 07/28/2011
--------------------------
ORDER TOTAL: $10.48

Your credit card will be charged on or after the
following date(s) for the amounts listed below

Date: 07/28/2011 Charge Amount: $10.48

Important: Please save this email for 30 days as it contains your Order Number
Some useful information:

You may check on the status of your order at any time by clicking here Order Status and entering your email address and order number. For your convenience, these have been included in this link.

For questions regarding technical information click here Technical Help and a representative will assist you. Please note that this link is specifically for technical issues (not for order/billing information - see above for order/billing inquiries).
** Attention: Debit Card users
Due to the nature of the Free Trial Offer, this Free Trial is only available for Credit Card users. If you used a Debit Card, your Card will be charged right away, but you will still receive our 30 Day - no questions asked - Money Back Guarantee. Please click here if you would like to change your method of payment or if you can not currently use your debit card for these payments. You may also respond to this email and reduce the amount of items you ordered.
Congratulations and enjoy your savings.

Yours truly,

magicJack
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I read it, they didn't bill you for a NEW MagicJack, they billed you for your Canadian number which I'm pretty sure is an annual charge. If they were billing you for a new MJ, it would have been for $40 plus "regulatory and compliance expense", not $10 plus the fee.

You seriously didn't notice "1 Canadian Phone Number 10.00" in the billing description? The goods news is I think you can stop looking for the UPS man to drop off your second MJ device.

Of course if you don't live in Canada you should be outraged.
Outraged Client
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Nailgunnner.

This is not what the email says. The more I read it the more I am convinced that this is not what the Email says.

It is obvious you are a magicjack staff because your reply came in line with MagicJack reply.

BTW. Suddenly since I wrote this message I could not access MY MAGICJACK. I wonder why? however, I am sure even if I wanted to cancel my account this will take hours and hours of reading since the support throws me from one page to the other - (unlike the speedy billing which directly goes to the bank)

BTW: I am Canadian and English is my first language. I will not be waiting for the UPS. I will be waiting for a refund as promised by magicjack. I am sure UPS can never be faster than magicjack bills.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outraged Client wrote:
Dear Nailgunnner.

This is not what the email says. The more I read it the more I am convinced that this is not what the Email says.

It is obvious you are a magicjack staff because your reply came in line with MagicJack reply.

BTW. Suddenly since I wrote this message I could not access MY MAGICJACK. I wonder why? however, I am sure even if I wanted to cancel my account this will take hours and hours of reading since the support throws me from one page to the other - (unlike the speedy billing which directly goes to the bank)

BTW: I am Canadian and English is my first language. I will not be waiting for the UPS. I will be waiting for a refund as promised by magicjack. I am sure UPS can never be faster than magicjack bills.

I'm MagicJack staff? Too funny. If my answer was the same as theirs it's because it's pretty damn obvious what they billed you for.

It is EXACTLY what the email is saying. It was just a standard billing email that you received, with a bunch of crap that didn't apply to you. They just haven't set up a different fill-in-the-blank email for their different billings. Look again at the billing description knucklehead:

Order Summary

----- -------------------------------------------------- ---------- ------------- -----------

You do notice the "1 Canadian Phone Number" charge of $10?

It even says above that "0" MJ's ordered.

And if you can't get into mymagicjack it's entirely possible that because you asked for a refund on the charge for your Canadian number that you have effectively cancelled your account.
Outraged Client
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply and by no means I insulted you or anybody by assuming you are staff or perhaps this website police.

General Assumption and not directed to You:
I am sure in every website there are bullies who cannot handle a factual conversation. Perhaps it is true that out of the 2000 words email i received I missed out on "The Canadian number". Perhaps I am a nucklehead after all.

BTW: I was able to log on to MY MAGICJACK after an hour or so. There is no where that says delete account or assistance to do so. my assumptions are true that now I will end up spending the "punishment" for deleting my magicjack.
so here I go.

nailgunner: kindly do not insult me or even never mind replying because i have stopped following this "conversation". it is best if I go grab a book so that I would learn what I did not learn during my PhD.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outraged Client wrote:

Perhaps it is true that out of the 2000 words email i received I missed out on "The Canadian number".

It wasn't so much a matter of you missing it in the email, it was a matter of you missing it after I pointed it out to you in my first post and you responded with this:

"This is not what the email says. The more I read it the more I am convinced that this is not what the Email says."

And for the record I consider being called an employee of MJ much more offensive than being called a knucklehead after not being able to read something, even after it is pointed out to you and your apparently wasted PhD.
scotty200
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i am also from Canada and yes the Canada number is a recurring charge if you don't want to pay for that then get a us number and as for you not being able to use your MJ now wold be that you got a refund and now don't have a Canada number so they must have deactivated your account ?
I got the same kinda email when my yearly charge for the Canada number came up. This site is to help people with there mj my be there are some magicjack staff here who knows but u should not assume some one is unless u have prof that down right insulting! Rolling Eyes
Outraged Client
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you scotty.

As I clarified that the disruption was only for an hour or so. Eventually I was able to log on and get the information I needed. I also chatted to a magicjack staff who was as expected fully supportive and understanding.

I am also glad you understood the email you received. I am happy for you.

In my opinion it is a good thing to have employees of magicjack here and it sure does not mean it is bad. Personally I would expect a lot of magicJack staff following up on the forum.

Regardless what I think, I believe also that there is a success in MagicJack that will challenge the telephone companies one of these days.

I personally am not satisfied with the email and the method of billing that I received. it is as simple as this. nothing more nothing less. they could have easily explained what it is because there are so many contradictions that there is no way a company like magicJack could not see them (once again this is a personally opinion because i would never send a bill with a different subject in it)
Diggs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outraged Client wrote:

ROFL

Outraged - Remember that this forum is independent and not associated with the MagicJack organization. There is no customer service politeness involved, but most people do get their questions answered much more thoroughly and efficiently than through official channels. Sorry to see that your feathers were ruffled but now you understand the charge you received.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And for the record I consider being called an employee of MJ much more offensive than being called a knucklehead after not being able to read something, even after it is pointed out to you and your apparently wasted PhD."

Laughing Laughing There is a well deserved punishment after every good deed...
computergaga69
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: how about this Reply with quote

To avoid getting charged for another year of service, please make sure your autorenewal option is disabled in your portal. Please go to my.magicjack.com to disable the feature.
kedwards
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: how about this Reply with quote

computergaga69 wrote:
To avoid getting charged for another year of service, please make sure your autorenewal option is disabled in your portal. Please go to my.magicjack.com to disable the feature.

I have found that you may have to do this more than once, what with web site updates, etc.

I took the additional step of removing my credit card info from http://my.magicjack.com/ . It is under Account, Manage Payment Information.

Others have reported/suggested the same.

Keith
Ruejo
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm MagicJack staff? Too funny. If my answer was the same as theirs it's because it's pretty damn obvious what they billed you for.

It is EXACTLY what the email is saying. It was just a standard billing email that you received, with a bunch of crap that didn't apply to you. They just haven't set up a different fill-in-the-blank email for their different billings. Look again at the billing description knucklehead:

Order Summary

You do notice the "1 Canadian Phone Number" charge of $10?

It even says above that "0" MJ's ordered.

And if you can't get into mymagicjack it's entirely possible that because you asked for a refund on the charge for your Canadian number that you have effectively cancelled your account.[/quote]

@nailgunner...
You are right dude.. it seems that our man here,,Outraged Client is not clever enough to read the email.
I just placed an order, I found that for magicJack PLUS device order, the order code should be MJPLUS6995. Our man here, "Outraged Client" did not seem to notice that the order code was "1 Canadian Phone Number 10.00 ", it seems that this man did not understand the information written in the email.

By the way, a piece of advice "Outraged Client", from now on, whatever email you receive from magicJack make sure to read it 7 times before you react negatively, hhmmm, huh? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruejo wrote:
I'm MagicJack staff?

Mr/mrs/ms staff person?

How does one "allegedly" vote for a staff person to be an "alleged" top 10% CS Rep when no one here has ever said they were asked?
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mr/mrs/ms staff person?

How does one "allegedly" vote for a staff person to be an "alleged" top 10% CS Rep when no one here has ever said they were asked?

Well, it's an open forum, open for undercover MJ staff people too.
But its is always funny when folks pick up year old threads for no good reason. Rolling Eyes
radzkillah
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mr/mrs/ms staff person?

undercover MJ staff people too.

Cool Well ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: