magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to contact 1 user magicjack go

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hawggy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Unable to contact 1 user magicjack go Reply with quote

Have used Magicjack for 6 years now. Decided to purchase a new Magicjack Go from Walmart. I thought maybe the older magicjack dongle might fail.

I installed the new MJ Go and transferred all the contacts over to the new MJ.

I can contact everyone on my contact list other than my fatherinlaw who uses Rogers Cellular Phone system in Orillia, Ontario.

It rings 4 times in my ear then goes to a voicemail that is not setup, But it does not ring on his end. Today we took our laptop and the MJ along with 2 phones to his retirement residence. I changed his phone and no change. I dialed my magicjack ph number from his phone and it rang on the magicjack. I have Rogers tech support looking into the matter..I am just so frustrated. He is the one we need to keep in touch with the most and we never had any problem with the old MJ Dongle. Any help would be appreciated.
Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If no one else comes up with something better/more definitive, a possible workaround would be to set up a free Google Voice ("GV") number. To call your father in law, you would first call your GV number and then use that number to complete the call. A phone with memory dialing, including pauses, could make this process simple once set up. I realize that this is a somewhat convoluted solution and I hope someone else has a better idea. Good luck.
hawggy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks..I just finished with Chat support... They think it may be a routing problem..and are going to get their Engineers on it..LOL. I used to be able to call no problem with the old dongle unit..But upgraded to GO and now have this problem.
Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't hold your breath waiting for their engineers to fix the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: