magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to bypass filters using MagicJack w/Mac at work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Trying to bypass filters using MagicJack w/Mac at work. Reply with quote

Here is the problem, I work in a very low income school where there are no phones in the classroom. So two other teachers and myself decided to get MagicJack for the classroom. The problem is we can not bypass the filters within the network. One Teacher was able to get help through the help desk and her problem is solved. But when we call back they give us the run around. Please help! Oh! and we all have Mac Pro (our own personal laptops) we can't seem to find the ports.

Thanking you in Advance,
Angie
macman4hire
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Angie,

What network are referring too? If it is the schools network, you may have to ask your schools IT person to help you. Good luck!
[email protected]
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for responding and yea it is the school's network. And chances of me getting a tech out to the school is slim to none. One of my co-workers has the MJ too and was able to get thru. She has a HP and MJ's agent changed her ports to 5060. I'm new with the Mac and I can't find my ports. The language is totally different with the Mac. I'm lost.
macman4hire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. What version of OS X are you currently using?
2. After starting the magicJack did OS X ask you if you wanted to allow this application?
3. Have you tested the magicJack USB dongle on another computer?
4. Please check under System Preferences, Security, Firewall and see if the magicJack is listed in the white box.
[email protected]
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Macman4hire

I am using 10.6.1 version Intel w/Snow Leopard. I did everything before I took it to work. So it works on this computer, I've even made calls out on it. And yep it is under System Preference and it is in the white box as allowed sites.

Angie
macman4hire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. When at school are you able to access the network for other functions such as web surfing and email.
2. Does the school have wireless network?
3. When at school did you check the Network connection under System Preferences. If so what does it say.
4. Do have VMware Fusion or Parallels installed on your Mac with a Windows based operating. If so, have tried running magicJack under either of the above?
[email protected]
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can surf certain sites and check email. We don't have wireless yet but soon their putting it in now. By network connections you mean Im not sure but the ID adress is 10.113.223.67 SubNet Mask is 255.255.255.0 Router 10.113.223 and DNS server 10.1.4.42, 10.1.7.50,10.1.4.45. And ques.#4 I don't know.
macman4hire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Have you tested your friends PC that works in her class room in your classroom using the router in your classroom?
2. Have tested you Mac in your friends classroom using her router?
3. Do you know if the router has firewall built in?

I am sorry for all the questions but I still trying to eliminate software and hardware variables.
[email protected]
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are all using the same network. She is just 5 classrooms down from me she is just using her laptop like me she doesn't have anything extra. I believe the school is using Smartfilter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: