magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble with Ubuntu 7.10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Trouble with Ubuntu 7.10 Reply with quote

I just installed ubuntu 7.10 again...and it is being a pain in the @$$. It used to be fine, but for the last 2 installs its doing some crappy stuff with firefox. The problem is with flash....and youtube videos...they just do not play. Here are 2 screen shots....

Please help...its driving me nuts....
Thanks
kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i got youtube to work buti can't make it full screen any keyboard shorcuts? Still need help on the other issue...
Thanks
Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

screw it...dropeed down to 7.04 and works fine....
Kumar
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kumar wrote:
screw it...dropeed down to 7.04 and works fine....
Kumar

Hate when that happens.

Just FYI, in case you have to use WiFi, it is next to impossible when using a hidden SSID under 7.04 (works in certain rare setups). It works like a champ in 7.10

If that machine is wired, you are all set.

But then again, I don't even know if you are the hidden SSID kind of guy Kumar Razz Providing WiFi for the neighborhood and all.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well even when I will share it I will keep a password on it....Also as far as the SSID, I have't keept mine hidden for a while....Right now I have it open on my actiontec since i don't wanna wasit time on a makeshift router....I just check it every night and make sure no ones on....
Peace
Kumar

P.S new LTS of ubuntu comming out in april....testing version is out....not waisting a cd on it:D and i don;t have any clue on what good features it will have.
techpr
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Flash Version Reply with quote

Make sure you have the latest flash plugin. the latest is 9.0.115 and installed in the proper place in Ubuntu.

The 9.0.115 you can play full screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: