magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble with Headset on a Mac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squirrelcop
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Trouble with Headset on a Mac Reply with quote

I've been using my MJ on my IMAC since January and it has been working great in regards to call quality. I still do not get caller ID on my hard wire phone handset, but it does come across on the computer screen.

My question is how am I able to use a USB headset on my MAC with the MJ. I had no problems setting this up on a windows computer, however I'm at a miss on how to do it in the MAC setup.

Using my MacBook Air I can plug a hardline phone in and talk without any problems. However when i plug my Plantronics DSP headset in, the computer recognizes it and i can change to it in the sound settings, but i cannot set the MJ to use it like you can when using XP.

Am I missing something or is this just part of the Apple Beta that hasn't been finished yet?? I'm hoping to take my MJ and my MacBook Air to Asia with me but bringing along a hardwired phone could be a pain as opposed to a USB headset.
kingo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Same here Reply with quote

I just had the same problem. Anyone solved this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: