magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

transfer of remaining subscription year/years

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madraida
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: transfer of remaining subscription year/years Reply with quote

Is "transfer of remaining subscription year/years" now a regular option when upgrading to MJ Plus from a standard MJ?

The reason I'm asking is that the promo offer I got last year "Jun 2012" specifically stated "Upgrade to the MagicJack Plus...now transfer your current plan." The registration option I saw back then had an option to "replace a current MJ (your subscription and remaining year/years will be transferred to your new device, and your old MJ will be expired)." I've already upgraded to an MJ Plus last year (with current plan transferred) but am asking questions for my father-in-law who's still using a standard MJ.

MJ's current 48-hour offer (and this offer seems to pop up every few months) only states "...the MJ Plus at half price..." There's no mention of being able to transfer a current plan. MJ's FAQs page still states that "Years cannot be transferred from MJ to MJ plus as these are two different products."

However, when I chatted with MJ and asked about transferring a current plan to a new MJ Plus, the customer service rep said that the current plan can be transferred and that the transfer option will show up during registration. I was wondering if people who upgraded to MJ Plus (between Aug and Dec 2012) by availing of the half-price promo (without the "transfer your current plan" explicitly stated) were able to see the option

"replace a current MJ (your subscription and remaining year/years will be transferred to your new device, and your old MJ will be expired)."

when they registered their new MJ Plus. I just want to make sure because I wouldn't want my FIL to upgrade to MJ Plus and not be able to transfer his 4+ remaining years.
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a gamble with the 4 years, don't think you can trust what MJ chat tells you.
I would stick with the MJ std. for remainder years and then upgrade to the much newer version of MJ at that time.
Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I switched last summer to MJ+ from MJ, the remaining time for the MJ was transfered but I did not get the 1 year that normally would be included with the MJ+. The time transfer from MJ to the MJ+ was an option at the time of registration of the MJ+. I have no idea whether this would occur if you tried this at this time. I agree with Pilot. Don't switch unless you get a definitive answer first (good luck on that one).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: