magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

transfer a number from 1 MJ account to another

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hkassof
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: transfer a number from 1 MJ account to another Reply with quote

I recently purchased a MJ+ and set it up on a different email from my old MJ. I want to transfer my old MJ # to MJ+ and i can't do it. Any suggestions
cdisxm
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. You can't do it. I tried and they said they say they are two different products (marketing talk for buy another MJ+)

I doubt there is much difference between them except the ethernet port they squeezed in.

Cheers!
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdisxm wrote:
You are right. You can't do it. I tried and they said they say they are two different products (marketing talk for buy another MJ+)

I doubt there is much difference between them except the ethernet port they squeezed in.

Cheers!

It can be done if it is handled properly from the start. You can have the number on your old MJ be the one that is used on a new Plus. I believe his problem is that it needs to be done under the same account as the original MJ, and not one set up under a new account with a different email. Once he registered the Plus under a new account, he was screwed.
BILLY_KIDD
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: just take the mj+ back Reply with quote

get a new one and set it up as described, using the old account. MJ has a very primitive accounts system. Do it wrong and they can't change it.
shushwap
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you not port the # from the one to the other... Or port the nymber to google voice and then port over
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: