magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tool to make MagicJack run as a Windows Service
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Tool to make MagicJack run as a Windows Service Reply with quote

Download here:
http://www.evanvaughan.com/magicjack.aspx

Source: https://github.com/throop02/MagicJackSvcCreator

This tool is designed to remove the MagicJack UI from the desktop and run your MagicJack behind the scenes as a Windows service. It is totally automated and only takes a few seconds to run. It has been tested with Windows XP, Vista, and 7 (including 64 bit versions of Windows). Benefits include:

- No more UI popups or desktop phone call notifications
- MagicJack is functional even when user is logged off, and works under all user accounts
- No splash screen or waiting for MagicJack to load
- MJ has higher system resource priority when run as a service
- Stand-alone app (does not install itself on your PC or run continuously in the background)
- Revert back to OEM setup with one click
- Free, open source application

"Just wanted to say thanks for writing that. Saved me alot of trouble. I had tried MagicBlockv1.2, but calls still made me lose focus on my current window (running XPsp3). That's no good when you are in the middle of a full screen game, it gets minimized. It would be nice to still have the softphone running, but for me it's a small price to pay to not have to load another user at every reboot. Again, thanks!!!" - Rock

"excellent work, many will be pleased." - Bill

To use, simply unzip the files to a folder and run the executable.

Last edited by etvaugha on Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 37 times in total
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

MorkeuM
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks... very much appreciated !!! But I'll wait for feedbacks (if ever) from members of this forum who actually installed the soft to see if it does what you say it does.

Have a good 2010 for what it's worth Wink
revolutiondj
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to work so far. Have not yet restarted the computer to see if it will run afterwards. Seems if you have an app like Magicfeatures you will no longer be able to use it. Also would be nice to be able to access the softphone if you needed to. Nice job though.
bassetbuddy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get a message 'The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)' when I try to install. This is on an HP thin client running XP embedded with sp2.[/img]
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It seems to work so far. Have not yet restarted the computer to see if it will run afterwards. Seems if you have an app like Magicfeatures you will no longer be able to use it. Also would be nice to be able to access the softphone if you needed to. Nice job though.

Exactly! Works as advertised. I haven't had the ambition to try and run MJ as a service, although I've made a few feeble runs at it in the past. This is great!

While it works sweet, I can confirm I can't use MagicFeaturesPlugin or the Skyjack and Xlitejack plugin at the same time running MJ in the background. Decisions, decisions...

Thanks for the app!
revolutiondj
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda like I was saying. Would be nice to know how to uninstall this is I wanted to. Anyone have an idea?

Luckily I was on the free trial of Magicfeatures so no harm so far. All I was really using it for was the 7 number dialing for local calls.
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

revolutiondj wrote:

That feature will be a part of release 2. Wink
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bassetbuddy wrote:
I get a message 'The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)' when I try to install. This is on an HP thin client running XP embedded with sp2.[/img]

Hmmm...do you have the latest .NET Framework installed?
revolutiondj
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

etvaugha wrote:
revolutiondj wrote:

Thanks for the update. Any ETA on that?
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have released an updated version. It's at the same location, www.evanvaughan.com/magicjack.aspx

It includes functionality to remove the Windows service and re-install the MagicJack UI.
revolutiondj
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I tried to remove the service it pops up a window that says the device is not ready. I had to remove the Magicjack and plug it back in to get the GUI to pop up.

Thanks for all the hard work on this.
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revolutiondj wrote:
When I tried to remove the service it pops up a window that says the device is not ready. I had to remove the Magicjack and plug it back in to get the GUI to pop up.

Thanks for all the hard work on this.

The last step in my removal function is to launch autorun.exe on the MagicJack drive. For whatever reason my program must have had trouble accessing the drive. It still should have removed the service for you.
revolutiondj
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did. I understand now.
pcw132
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

etvaugha wrote:
revolutiondj wrote:

Sounds like a fantastic tool, I look forward to testing it out once release 2 comes out so i can be able to use the Magicfeaturesplugin that i just recently purchased. I however enjoy many of the plugins features to get rid of it, for now i use a combo of tools (magichide and magicblock) magichide works great, however it only hides the GUI dialpad and lets the caller ID popup come thru, so after installing magicblock it seems to hide both. altho i would love to break away from using tons of programs just to make a simple feature like hiding the GUI.
bassetbuddy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. No .NET on my little Thin Client. You may want to add that is a requirement. Thanks for your work on this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: