magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tool to make MagicJack run as a Windows Service

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bassetbuddy wrote:
Good point. No .NET on my little Thin Client. You may want to add that is a requirement. Thanks for your work on this.

Guess I should have written it in C. Laughing

Is there a way to install .NET on that thin client?
GoNavyMike
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Magicjack Software. Reply with quote

Is there a way to take the Magicjack software and put it in the drive on the computer so as to not attach the magicjack? I broke my Magicjack and had to solder the USB hub back onto the Magicjack board. It's working again but I don't want to break it, I'm running it off of a jumper usb cord now to reduce the possibility of damage. If it could be installed onto a PC as software it would be great. PC's have phone jacks built in or available for installation if not already there. Any ideas anyone? Next to lousy support, the biggest downfall I see is how cheap the hardware is made. When I broke it, I contacted the online call center and explained that I bought the extended warranty with them and that my magicjack broke. They told me that the warranty was for their software not the hardware and that I would have to buy another MJ. Needless to say... I terminated the conversation with them and got innovative on my end. Now I've heard of others saying how to do this but that it was at the risk of MJ terminating your service if found out. Anybody know how to discretely place the MJ service on the PC so as to NOT have to keep the MJ plugged in and take a chance of breaking again? Thanks.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/easy-way-to-use-magicjack-without-usb-dongle-t2640.html

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
smaye
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revolutiondj wrote:
It seems to work so far. Have not yet restarted the computer to see if it will run afterwards. Seems if you have an app like Magicfeatures you will no longer be able to use it. Also would be nice to be able to access the softphone if you needed to. Nice job though.

I have just started reading about magic features and running MJ as a service. Like many, I want both.

Any chance this problem will be resolved?
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smaye wrote:
revolutiondj wrote:
It seems to work so far. Have not yet restarted the computer to see if it will run afterwards. Seems if you have an app like Magicfeatures you will no longer be able to use it. Also would be nice to be able to access the softphone if you needed to. Nice job though.

I have just started reading about magic features and running MJ as a service. Like many, I want both.

I'm not sure how Magic Features works exactly. Does anybody have any ideas?
buddydog24
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank you for a great program, works great in Windows 7 Very Happy
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 1.2 has been released. It fixes two bugs which I was alerted to by several users:

- It was possible to launch the service install if the hardware device was not detected. This faulty validation caused a failure halfway through the service creation process.

- During service removal, i.e. reverting to OEM setup, the function used to determine the magicJack drive letter crashed if it encountered a mapped network drive on the machine.
smaye
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

etvaugha wrote:
smaye wrote:

I'm not sure how Magic Features works exactly. Does anybody have any ideas?

I am sure "redpepper" does. There is a thread concerning magicfeatures over here http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/introductory-special-magicfeatures-just-9-95-t7976.html

I will post something there to redpepper in hope they will contribute here to help.
exanimate
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I try to run the executable file, it cannot detect the hardware. Says to connect the Magicjack and restart the program. I do that and it still doesn't detect it. Any suggestions?
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exanimate wrote:
When I try to run the executable file, it cannot detect the hardware. Says to connect the Magicjack and restart the program. I do that and it still doesn't detect it. Any suggestions?

This is an issue that occurs with about 1 out of every 100 installs. With certain setups, the MagicJack has not installed itself under the normal "USB Internet Phone by TigerJet" device (shown in the picture below), and my app therefore can't detect it. I don't know why this happens, and I have not been able to come up with a solution yet. You can still run MagicJack as a service, but you'll have to set it up manually. Sad

nostrodamus
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue with the hardware not being detected, though it installed MJ as a service anyway, and is working great even after a reboot.

For the record, my Windows device manager sees the dongle as a "USB audio device" (under Sound, video, and game controllers) and as "USB Composite Device" and "USB Mass Storage Device" (under USB controllers)
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nostrodamus wrote:
I had the same issue with the hardware not being detected, though it installed MJ as a service anyway, and is working great even after a reboot.

For the record, my Windows device manager sees the dongle as a "USB audio device" (under Sound, video, and game controllers) and as "USB Composite Device" and "USB Mass Storage Device" (under USB controllers)

I have released an updated version which I'm hoping will fix the issue some people have experienced with the app not detecting the MagicJack device. The new version will attempt to identify the MJ by its drive signature if it fails to find the MJ during plug and play analysis.

EDIT: Heard back from two people who had this problem and they said v1.3 worked for them. Very Happy
Indira
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**ok I was able to make calls out but it would appear that the dial tone never goes away till you are done dialing.. I am guessing there is no way to stop that?**

Hello,

I had a small question about running MJ as a seriver, now Does that mean you can't make calls out of the phone only recieve them? I tried the program and i get calls in but can't make calls out, so that what i was wondering...

I know i am not the smartest apple on the tree... hehe in fact i am the one that fell off and rolled down the hill... Smile
pcw132
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indira wrote:
**ok I was able to make calls out but it would appear that the dial tone never goes away till you are done dialing.. I am guessing there is no way to stop that?**

I had this exact same problem, however i am not currently using this tool.. the problem was a bad update that magicjack put out. the fix was to download and install then latest update. it is plastered all over magicjack's website "Important. Important.
If you are not able to make calls or having trouble with your contact list, please Click Here for the fix.
This will be your best solution. You should not click here if you do not have this problem."

im not sure how you would do it with this tool, i would only guess to update you would have to uninstall the tool, install the update and then reinstall the tool. but im sure there will be others to confirm this! Smile

hope this helps!
Indira
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did do the update from there and it runing normally without the program.. but when i use the tool it messes it up... so no tool for me i guessing :/ ..

ok .. i thought it was working right now but sadly after trying this program my magic jack no longer works ... it starts to load up then poofs away.. then about 10 mins later it comes up and i cant dial out... so i dont know what happend to it Sad ... i am talking to support now i am without phone Sad
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indira wrote:
I did do the update from there and it runing normally without the program.. but when i use the tool it messes it up... so no tool for me i guessing :/ ..

ok .. i thought it was working right now but sadly after trying this program my magic jack no longer works ... it starts to load up then poofs away.. then about 10 mins later it comes up and i cant dial out... so i dont know what happend to it Sad ... i am talking to support now i am without phone Sad

I don't think this problem has anything to do with the tool...
Indira
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not do anything else but try that ... idk :/ they cant fix it now i am sad...

Update - It's fixed now, I had to restore my whole pc but all is good in the hood once again Smile ... goody
pcw132
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indira wrote:
I did not do anything else but try that ... idk :/ they cant fix it now i am sad...

Update - It's fixed now, I had to restore my whole pc but all is good in the hood once again Smile ... goody

If a restore worked, i will assume that you may have had a corrupt driver on your magicjack or the windows registry had become corrupted. in either case the tool im sure wasn't to blame. sometimes if there are pre-existing problems adding a new program will make things even worse. (when i added a program called "magicfeaturesplugin" the magicjack acted exactly like yours, then i used the update on the website and it had fixed it)

etvaugha: hope to see your tool work with magicfeatures soon, it looks like a great setup, i'd like to use it! Smile
synchron
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried installing your tool but some error came up halfway through. Interestingly enough, I ran 'services.msc' and a magicjack entry appeared pointing to srvany.exe so I was able to start the service and it works manually.

Synchron Cool
Indira
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcw132 wrote:
Indira wrote:

If a restore worked, i will assume that you may have had a corrupt driver on your magicjack or the windows registry had become corrupted. in either case the tool im sure wasn't to blame. sometimes if there are pre-existing problems adding a new program will make things even worse. (when i added a program called "magicfeaturesplugin" the magicjack acted exactly like yours, then i used the update on the website and it had fixed it)

etvaugha: hope to see your tool work with magicfeatures soon, it looks like a great setup, i'd like to use it! Smile

Well since my pc is only a few days old.. i decided to basicly add program after program till i found out what did it .. so i had to restore over and over it was pretty easy tho.. come to find out .. it was the usb hub I had.. every time i would hook magic jack in it .. it would work fine beside sound would be bad.. then when i rebooted it would stop working .. then when i took it out the hub and put it in a normal port the mj would load up but the dial pad would not pop up till after 10 mins.. i took out the hub all together but after that mj would not work at all.. it would do the same thing over and over.. so i did the whole restore thing again and then mj would work again prefectly... so i hooked back the hub again to make sure that was the problem.. it worked fine till i rebooted then the same thing happend.. so ofc took it out again and tried it but mj never worked the same.. so .. thats right i restored again Very Happy fun ... and now i did not hook the hub in at all and it works fine with no problems so far.. last restore was like an hour ago...

I know it seems like a lot of work there but i wanted to know what program was making that problem so .. i just took the time to find out ... Smile hope it stays working now Very Happy

Oh the hub was, incase someone wants to know .. Was Dynex 4 port usb hub... it not compatable with windows 7 but the guy at best buy said it would not matter because anything thats compatable with vista will work for windows 7.. now i am not sure if that was the case here but all i know is so far that is no more problems now that the hub is not hooked in.. Smile
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else comes to mind you may want to try if it acts up again.
I had some USB problems recently ( unable to write to a USB stick unless it was plugged into a POWERED USB hub). So I decided to go into device manager and delete EVERYTHING under the USB branch. I then rebooted and let Windows do it's thing of finding them all over again and installing the drivers. Guess what?? NO MORE USB PROBLEMS. Since, like you, I made an image and could restore if I had problems, it was not a big deal to try. Of course make sure all of your USB devices are plugged in and powered on first.
So just food for thought.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dida2010
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Tool to make MagicJack run as a Windows Service Reply with quote

etvaugha wrote:
Download version 1.3 here:
http://www.evanvaughan.com/magicjack.aspx

Please report any bugs and let me know if you have any ideas to make the app better!

Works like a charm on vista 64.

I did a small donation , i hope you can keep with future updates , if MJ blocks the app.

Thanks a bunch.
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Tool to make MagicJack run as a Windows Service Reply with quote

dida2010 wrote:
etvaugha wrote:

Please report any bugs and let me know if you have any ideas to make the app better!

Works like a charm on vista 64.

I did a small donation , i hope you can keep with future updates , if MJ blocks the app.

Thanks a bunch.

Thanks! Very Happy
goldeneyes
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Updates and the Windows Service Reply with quote

I installed your software so MagicJack will work when either user account is logged in on our Windows 7 computer. I'm surprised this is a little hack because it doesn't make sense to me that only one user can have the software work. ... or am I missing something?

My question is that I'm getting a popup window from MagicJack telling me it's updating and before it can finish it says:

Quote:
"An update failed to exit a running instance of magicjack. please take a look at it, it may require your attention. Please don't worry and just click Retry to proceed with updating magicJack."

Here is a screen shot of this message:
http://screencast.com/t/OTk1YWI3MTM

Am I correct in thinking that MagicJack can't update because the Windows service of magicjack is running? What should I do at this point? Clicking Retry doesn't fix this.
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Updates and the Windows Service Reply with quote

goldeneyes wrote:
I installed your software so MagicJack will work when either user account is logged in on our Windows 7 computer. I'm surprised this is a little hack because it doesn't make sense to me that only one user can have the software work. ... or am I missing something?

My question is that I'm getting a popup window from MagicJack telling me it's updating and before it can finish it says:

Quote:
"An update failed to exit a running instance of magicjack. please take a look at it, it may require your attention. Please don't worry and just click Retry to proceed with updating magicJack."

Here is a screen shot of this message:
http://screencast.com/t/OTk1YWI3MTM

Am I correct in thinking that MagicJack can't update because the Windows service of magicjack is running? What should I do at this point? Clicking Retry doesn't fix this.

I believe MagicJack only retrieves updates when its installer is run. So it should never attempt to update when running as a service. Even if that weren't the case, it should have no problem downloading updates while running as a service. Also there have been over 500 downloads and this is the first I've heard of this...

Could it be possible an instance of the MJ installer got kicked off while the Windows service was running? That would cause this error. I bet that's what happened.

I would simply re-run my tool and remove the Windows service. That will delete the service and launch the installer which will download updates and make an OEM install. At that point you'll have the latest MJ software and you can run my tool again to re-install the service.

To answer your first question, MagicJack installs itself on a Windows user instance. All the files are stored in the current user's folder, and all registry data is entered into HK_CURRENT_USER. So the device will only work on user accounts on which it has been installed. If a computer has two user accounts and user A plugs in the MJ and installs it, the MJ will not function for user B until they install it while logged into their account.
goldeneyes
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks for the ideas -- I hope they help others who may come across this issue.

I ended up restarting my computer before I received your response... and when I booted up again MagicJack was working and I ddn't get a update message.

So... that's another thing to try.

Thanks for explaining and answering my questions.

I ended up returning my MagicJack to The Shack today. It worked great -- with your software help. Since I don't really want a cordless phone I'm going to see how the new MagicJack works with my tmobile cell phones in a few months.
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote

goldeneyes wrote:
Thanks for the ideas -- I hope they help others who may come across this issue.

I ended up restarting my computer before I received your response... and when I booted up again MagicJack was working and I ddn't get a update message.

So... that's another thing to try.

Thanks for explaining and answering my questions.

I ended up returning my MagicJack to The Shack today. It worked great -- with your software help. Since I don't really want a cordless phone I'm going to see how the new MagicJack works with my tmobile cell phones in a few months.

Glad you got everything working!

That new MagicJack sounds very interesting. Lots of controversy around it was well. Wireless providers do NOT like it! Laughing

--Evan
rwhubert
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for a terrific util! It worked perfectly, first attempt. Now I don't have to suffer thru MJ's interminable loadup and its annoying pop-up, nor the useless dialpad. Many MJ users like me just want MJ to dial the damn phone and take calls, then leave us alone. Which is exactly what it will do running as a service with your util installed. Thanks again.

Robert, Atlanta, running WinXP SP2 on homebrew Athlon XP3200
joeynshelby
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am using your application. The program encounters an error on "move install out of user folder." I checked and the program created a new mjusbsp folder and all the same contents that was in the original install. It in fact did move install. The program will not continue past that point. Any ideas?
Thanks
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeynshelby wrote:
Hi,
I am using your application. The program encounters an error on "move install out of user folder." I checked and the program created a new mjusbsp folder and all the same contents that was in the original install. It in fact did move install. The program will not continue past that point. Any ideas?
Thanks

Is the old folder still there? The MJ install in the user folder may have some security permissions or properties that are preventing it from being deleted. I'm pretty sure this is where it's failing. (My app performs the move operation by copying to the new location and then deleting the old folder)

If you have Vista or later, make sure you're running the tool as administrator. It should be prompting you, but to be sure you can right click on the EXE and click "Run as Administrator".

You can look at the user install folder to make sure there aren't any special permissions or attributes set that would affect deletion.

If this stuff doesn't help, send me an email at [email protected] and I can send you a custom build of the software that skips the delete step. It is not necessary; I programmed it in there just to cut down on clutter and save a bit of space on the client's machine.
Red_Foxx15
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked nicely on Windows 7. Had to run it 3 or 4 times (errored at different steps each time) but the last time it went smooth as could be. Thanks for the program.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Foxx15 wrote:
Worked nicely on Windows 7. Had to run it 3 or 4 times (errored at different steps each time) but the last time it went smooth as could be. Thanks for the program.

A few other people had this problem as well. Sometimes there are miscellaneous handles on files that the program needs control of. These handles can be a result of applications such as virus-scan, backup, etc. Usually the handles are temporary and the app will work after a few re-runs or a restart of the computer.

There will be a fix for this in the next release. Wink
Zardoz859
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Dial-Tone issue Reply with quote

First, Thanks for all the hard work!

The installer seems to work fine - no errors, etc, I see the service running, I can dial into the MJ fine.

Problem is: when I dial out, the phone does not break dialtone. If I enter all of the digits to dial a normal 10-digit number, the dialtone then drops and the call completes fine. But until the last digit is entered, I have dialtone... Any ideas???

System:
Windows 7 Ultimate
8GB Mem
Intel Quad-core processor
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Dial-Tone issue Reply with quote

Zardoz859 wrote:
First, Thanks for all the hard work!

The installer seems to work fine - no errors, etc, I see the service running, I can dial into the MJ fine.

Problem is: when I dial out, the phone does not break dialtone. If I enter all of the digits to dial a normal 10-digit number, the dialtone then drops and the call completes fine. But until the last digit is entered, I have dialtone... Any ideas???

System:
Windows 7 Ultimate
8GB Mem
Intel Quad-core processor

Interesting! I checked my phone and it behaves like yours. Then I fired up my app and reverted back to OEM setup, and the dial tone was removed upon first key press. Then I reinstalled the app, and the dial tone was active until the last number was pressed.

I have NO explanation for this. Does not seem to be a problem, but still mysterious.
Adam423
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Works Perfect in Win 7 32 Reply with quote

Hi,

Just wanted to let everyone know that this software works perfect under Win 7 32. Thanks for taking the time to write the code and share with others.

THis fix solved all of my issues I had with MJ. Now I have it running on my always on Win 7 Media Center with no popups and it will always come on at boot before login.

I just sent you $10.00 I hope everyone else who finds value in your work does at least the same.

Adam
balla123
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does mj update itself when it runs as a service?
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

balla123 wrote:
does mj update itself when it runs as a service?

It is able to update, but you will not be notified if/when an update occurs.
balla123
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so if i were to download the update from the mj site..i can do that as well?
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

balla123 wrote:
so if i were to download the update from the mj site..i can do that as well?

Not sure how that would work as I have not tried it. To be on the safe side, you'd probably want to use my app to switch back to OEM setup before you installed any manual updates. Then flip back to running as a service. Only takes a second to switch back and forth.

--Evan
joefx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Fast User Switching Reply with quote

Does this work with fast user switching? I saw your post that it uses HKCU so I'm wondering if my magicjack will still work when user1 logs in and mj starts, then user2 switches user. User1 is still technically logged on but i'm not sure which user would have the current user hive.
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast User Switching Reply with quote

joefx wrote:
Does this work with fast user switching? I saw your post that it uses HKCU so I'm wondering if my magicjack will still work when user1 logs in and mj starts, then user2 switches user. User1 is still technically logged on but i'm not sure which user would have the current user hive.

Sure does.

The default MagicJack install resides in HKCU. My app deletes those entries when it installs the service. (They're reinstalled if the service is uninstalled)

The service keys I create reside in HKLM, so multiple users and fast switching are not an issue. Maybe I wasn't clear or mis-spoke in my earlier post.
zerocwl
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice tool man installed fine nice and smooth. restarted and service is there. i get the tone until the last number is pressed to but makes calls fine. this should be stickyed.
Adam423
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: MJ loses dial tone if PC is not used for a while Reply with quote

This fix works great but on my Win 7 Media Center that is always on the MJ will lose dial tone if the PC has not been used in a while. I have it set to always on.

Any other ideas that may work for me?

Thanks,

Adam
dirtdigger98
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works fine for me.....thanks
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: MJ loses dial tone if PC is not used for a while Reply with quote

Adam423 wrote:
This fix works great but on my Win 7 Media Center that is always on the MJ will lose dial tone if the PC has not been used in a while. I have it set to always on.

Any other ideas that may work for me?

Thanks,

Adam

Check to make sure your USB controller or some other device isn't set to power down after a certain amount of time. I know some systems let you set standby times on specific devices, not just system, monitor, and hard disk.
reo4ua
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Tool to make MagicJack run as a Windows Service Reply with quote

etvaugha wrote:

Over 700 downloads!!

This tool is designed to remove the MagicJack UI from the desktop and run your MagicJack behind the scenes as a Windows service. It is totally automated and only takes a few seconds to run. It has been tested with Windows XP, Vista, and 7 (including 64 bit versions of Windows). Benefits include:

- No more UI popups or desktop phone call notifications
- MagicJack is functional even when user is logged off, and works under all user accounts
- No splash screen or waiting for MagicJack to load
- MJ has higher system resource priority when run as a service
- Stand-alone app (does not install itself on your PC)
- Revert back to OEM setup with one click

"Just wanted to say thanks for writing that. Saved me alot of trouble. I had tried MagicBlockv1.2, but calls still made me lose focus on my current window (running XPsp3). That's no good when you are in the middle of a full screen game, it gets minimized. It would be nice to still have the softphone running, but for me it's a small price to pay to not have to load another user at every reboot. Again, thanks!!!" - Rock

"excellent work, many will be pleased." - Bill

To use, simply unzip the files to a folder and run the executable.

GREAT TOOL! Thanks!

One question....how do I use my usb headset while running your hack?
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Tool to make MagicJack run as a Windows Service Reply with quote

reo4ua wrote:

GREAT TOOL! Thanks!

One question....how do I use my usb headset while running your hack?

No idea... Confused

Not sure how the USB headsets work, or if they would be compatible with MJ when running as a service. Maybe someone with a USB headset can chime in.

Worst case, you can always just create a shortcut to my app, then run it and switch to the OEM setup if you want to use the headset. Then switch back when you're done. Switching back and forth only takes a few secs.

---Evan
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need the flexibility to be able to use a headset, the recently released free Magicsilence Plugin tool will do that for you.

Whenever you want to open the magicJack dialer to check something or to make a headset call, just double left mouse click on the magicJack icon like you normally do; otherwise, the magicJack dialer window stays closed in the traybar.

It also keeps your work focused during incoming and outgoing calls and is compatible with Magicfeatures and other plugins. Dialtone also stops normally when placing calls using your phone keypad.

The Magicsilence Plugin tool is absolutely free at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com or http://www.magicsilence.com .
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redpepper wrote:
If you need the flexibility to be able to use a headset, the recently released free Magicsilence Plugin tool will do that for you.

Whenever you want to open the magicJack dialer to check something or to make a headset call, just double left mouse click on the magicJack icon like you normally do; otherwise, the magicJack dialer window stays closed in the traybar.

It also keeps your work focused during incoming and outgoing calls and is compatible with Magicfeatures and other plugins. Dialtone also stops normally when placing calls using your phone keypad.

The Magicsilence Plugin tool is absolutely free at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com or http://www.magicsilence.com .

Cool! Looks like a good option for those who want to use the softphone and are always logged into the same user account.
bluefudge
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Install doesn't work. Reply with quote

When I run msc.exe ( as admin ), I get "Magic Jack software is not installed/detected. The Magic Jack device IS installed, and working. Any ideas as to what may be going on? Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: