magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thin Client/MJ upgrade - "No output/input audio devices

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mozerd
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: T5710 Solution -- IT Works Reply with quote

This was tested and you can read the result of that test in the following link:

Thin Clients / MagicJack / Future Upgrades?
mobybit
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: From MJ tech support ... Reply with quote

Just had this chat with MJ tech support :

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.

All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with 'Dana'

Dana: Hello, how may I help you?

tom: hello

tom: Why can't I select "Telephone" in the MagicJack menu "Volume/Headset control", "Choose your device" ?

Dana: Please wait while I check that for you

Dana: Please click the link to download and run the magicJack upgrade (applicable for both XP & Vista):

Dana: http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe

Dana: ANd then

Dana: On your softphone, please click on Menu then Advance Users then Restart. After that, please unplug your magicJack then plug it back in after 15 seconds.

tom: Already ran the upgrade.exe and restarted MagicJack softphone.

Dana: ok

Dana: Please go to �My computer� and locate the drive named Vista Only, Phone, or removable disk (make sure it is the magicJack drive). Right click that drive, click format, and click start. Unplug magicJack, wait 15 seconds, and plug magicJack back in. You will need to download the magicjack upgrade again.

tom: I actually found out the solution after Googling for help.

Dana: Please plug in your MJ into USB port and then try the above step '

tom: The answer is that since I'm using RDP I have to have �Remote computer sound� set to �Leave at remote computer� in the Remote Desktop Connection properties �Local Resources� tab.

Dana: Thank you for your patience. I will transfer you to a higher level of support. Please hold while I transfer you.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Jenny'

Jenny: Hi Tom!

Jenny: Please do allow me to review your previous chat session.

tom: ok

Jenny: Tom, may I know if you can select Telephone now please?

tom: Yes, after setting the proper options in the RDP client

tom: So, is there a way to use RDP and have the audio remoted to the RDP client and still be able to use MagicJack via the telephone attached to the RDP server ?

Jenny: Tom, please do hold while I double check this for you.

Jenny: Tom, thank you for patiently waiting. I am sorry that is not possible as of the moment.

tom: "At the moment" ; does that mean that the MagicJack functionality will be changed to support this ... soon ?

Jenny: Yes, it will be supported soon.

tom: Time frame ?

Jenny: I am sorry we don't have time frame yet.

tom: Please ask for projected release date and put this info in a FAQ article at http://magicjack.com . Thanks.

Jenny: You are welcome

Jenny: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

tom: No. Thank you for your help. Goodbye.

Jenny: Thank you for stopping by to chat, I hope I did a good job at addressing your concerns. Please take a second to answer a one question survey about the service I provided. Please click the "close" button on the top right of this screen and the survey will appear. Thanks again!

Jenny: Have a great day!
Delta-9
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a copy of this file http://upgrade.talk4free.com/upgrade/20071214000001/upgrade.exe .

When I download it the link above, it does not even run on my thinner. It gives me an incompatible operating system message and references this webpage: http://www.magicjack.com/requirements/

Using the 1221000001 file produces the dreaded "No Audio Devices" message. I wonder what happened between the time you guys all downloaded the 12140000001 file and when I download (today) and ran it.
jagpr
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just configured my t5710 with 512/512 from scratch added the directX and still get the audio error. any help?

Jose
lymon
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagpr wrote:
i just configured my t5710 with 512/512 from scratch added the directX and still get the audio error. any help?

Jose

Did you run dxdiag?
jagpr
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, when I run DXDIAG it runs. Is there something I need to do on there to make the MJ work?
lymon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagpr wrote:
Yes, when I run DXDIAG it runs. Is there something I need to do on there to make the MJ work?

I'm not sure what about running dxdiag makes a difference. I was having the same problem as you with a 5700 when I read about dxdiag. My thought was "yeah right", but curiously after I went thru the entire dxdiag routine running all of the diag tests one after the other, did a commit and restarted, much to my amazement, no more message and MJ updates freely now.

You did commit and restart after running dxdiag, right?
jagpr
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I don't think I did. I ran it just to make sure that Direct X intalled but did't pay attention to it. I will try that today when I get home. Should I just let it run and do its thing and then comit?

Jose
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as lymon said,

DirectX - install - commit - run the dxdiag diagnostics. all the steps are crucial or it will just sit there and stare at you.
jagpr
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, it worked great.//

Jose
GuyOnTheAir

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewart wrote:
I don't have a thin client, so can't troubleshoot the problem.

However, this may work to downgrade:
1. Kill MJ app.
2. Get the old version from http://upgrade.talk4free.com/upgrade/20071214000001/upgrade.exe .
3. Rename (or otherwise save and delete) the mjusbsp folder, typically C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\mjusbsp .
4. Save and delete any files in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\magicJack\UpdateDownload .
5. Add a hosts file entry:
Code:
0.0.0.0 upgrade.talk4free.com
Of course, you will have to remove this entry if you need to download other updates.
6. Flush DNS cache.
7. Run the upgrade file.
8. Registration screen will appear. If if says 'no serial number passed', hit cancel and double click the status area. Repeat a couple of times if needed, until phone # appears.
9. Enter user name and password.
10. With luck, it will show Ready to Call.

Stewart,

On my Thin Client, I've done these steps, (there was no folder in step 4), and it still shuts down immediately and upgrades. I have no idea where it is getting the upgrade files from. Very frustrating...

Do I need to add DirectX to my installation? I haven't heard about this DXDIAG until here, and it isn't telling me even what it is...

Last edited by GuyOnTheAir on Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vinoy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check that folder in your RamDrive (may be ZSmile
GuyOnTheAir

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You rock. That was it. I feel dumb for not thinking of it sooner.

Got it all working. I'm so excited! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pnbalaji
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewart wrote:
I don't have a thin client, so can't troubleshoot the problem.

However, this may work to downgrade:
1. Kill MJ app.
2. Get the old version from http://upgrade.talk4free.com/upgrade/20071214000001/upgrade.exe .
3. Rename (or otherwise save and delete) the mjusbsp folder, typically C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\mjusbsp .
4. Save and delete any files in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\magicJack\UpdateDownload .
5. Add a hosts file entry:
Code:
0.0.0.0 upgrade.talk4free.com
Of course, you will have to remove this entry if you need to download other updates.
6. Flush DNS cache.
7. Run the upgrade file.
8. Registration screen will appear. If if says 'no serial number passed', hit cancel and double click the status area. Repeat a couple of times if needed, until phone # appears.
9. Enter user name and password.
10. With luck, it will show Ready to Call.

Hi,

I got my magicjack yesterday and I am getting the error message "No Serial Number Passed". I googled the issue and found this topic. However, the link given in the above message is not active.

Can some one point me the correct link for this downgrade client?

Thanks,
Balaji.
ninjaxor
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: From MJ tech support ... Reply with quote

mobybit wrote:
Just had this chat with MJ tech support :

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Dana'

Dana: Hello, how may I help you?

tom: Why can't I select "Telephone" in the MagicJack menu "Volume/Headset control", "Choose your device" ?

Dana: Please wait while I check that for you

Dana: Please click the link to download and run the magicJack upgrade (applicable for both XP & Vista):

Dana: http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe

Dana: ANd then

Dana: On your softphone, please click on Menu then Advance Users then Restart. After that, please unplug your magicJack then plug it back in after 15 seconds.

tom: Already ran the upgrade.exe and restarted MagicJack softphone.

Dana: ok

Dana: Please go to �My computer� and locate the drive named Vista Only, Phone, or removable disk (make sure it is the magicJack drive). Right click that drive, click format, and click start. Unplug magicJack, wait 15 seconds, and plug magicJack back in. You will need to download the magicjack upgrade again.

tom: I actually found out the solution after Googling for help.

Dana: Please plug in your MJ into USB port and then try the above step '

tom: The answer is that since I'm using RDP I have to have �Remote computer sound� set to �Leave at remote computer� in the Remote Desktop Connection properties �Local Resources� tab.

Dana: Thank you for your patience. I will transfer you to a higher level of support. Please hold while I transfer you.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Jenny'

Jenny: Hi Tom!

Jenny: Please do allow me to review your previous chat session.

tom: ok

Jenny: Tom, may I know if you can select Telephone now please?

tom: Yes, after setting the proper options in the RDP client

tom: So, is there a way to use RDP and have the audio remoted to the RDP client and still be able to use MagicJack via the telephone attached to the RDP server ?

Jenny: Tom, please do hold while I double check this for you.

Jenny: Tom, thank you for patiently waiting. I am sorry that is not possible as of the moment.

tom: "At the moment" ; does that mean that the MagicJack functionality will be changed to support this ... soon ?

Jenny: Yes, it will be supported soon.

tom: Time frame ?

Jenny: I am sorry we don't have time frame yet.

tom: Please ask for projected release date and put this info in a FAQ article at http://magicjack.com . Thanks.

Jenny: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

tom: No. Thank you for your help. Goodbye.

Jenny: Thank you for stopping by to chat, I hope I did a good job at addressing your concerns. Please take a second to answer a one question survey about the service I provided. Please click the "close" button on the top right of this screen and the survey will appear. Thanks again!

Jenny: Have a great day!

Thanks mobybit! This solved my problem. phoneservicesupport.com rocks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: