magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Thin Client for sale originally purchased from Alpman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin8629
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Thin Client for sale originally purchased from Alpman Reply with quote

Hp 5520. I purchased 2 currently using one. Works perfect, just setting on shelf collecting dust. $50.00 shipped
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

pancho1950
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Thin Client for sale originally purchased from Alpman Reply with quote

kevin8629 wrote:
Hp 5520. I purchased 2 currently using one. Works perfect, just setting on shelf collecting dust. $50.00 shipped

Where are you located, and form of payment?
kevin8629
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Ohio
paypal works bst for me. Send me a pm with your mailing info and I get you my email address for payment
limitme
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an alpman t5520.....

I assume it comes with 128 MB of ram?

the ram is not upgradeable in the t5520....and they no longer work with magicjack...

magicjack requires 512 MB of RAM....
kevin8629
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

limitme wrote:

the ram is not upgradeable in the t5520....and they no longer work with magicjack...

This is no longer for sale, but RAM statement is untrue. I am currently using a t5520 from Alpman with no problem. I changed the virtual memory from 256 to 512 and have had zero problems. I is and has been running for over 1 year. It is the only phone we use in our home

Kevin
limitme
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevin8629 wrote:
limitme wrote:

This is no longer for sale, but RAM statement is untrue. I am currently using a t5520 from Alpman with no problem. I changed the virtual memory from 256 to 512 and have had zero problems. I is and has been running for over 1 year. It is the only phone we use in our home

Kevin

Really?
I changed the virtual memory in mine to 512 as well. It did not work after the magicjack update requiring 512 MB of ram.

There is a huge difference between ram and virtual memory. Ram is way faster.

Otherwise, I've got one I will sell.....for 20!
plus shipping....so that's like maybe 30!

30!
sweet!
kevin8629
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

limitme wrote:
kevin8629 wrote:
limitme wrote:

Kevin

Really?
I changed the virtual memory in mine to 512 as well. It did not work after the magicjack update requiring 512 MB of ram.

30!
sweet!

Sorry its not working for you, but as I said mine is working just fine. I understand that there are differences between ram and virtual memory, Ram may be faster, but I'm not running a race, just a magicjack....lol Good Luck

Good luck
limitme
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevin8629 wrote:
limitme wrote:
kevin8629 wrote:
limitme wrote:

Kevin

Really?

30!
sweet!

Sorry its not working for you, but as I said mine is working just fine. I understand that there are differences between ram and virtual memory, Ram may be faster, but I'm not running a race, just a magicjack....lol Good Luck

Good luck

I understand you're not winning any races, but I'm pretty sure on the official site, magicjack changed their requirements to 512 MB of ram, not virtual memory.

I believe they now require a minimum of 512 MB of ram.
Kif Kroker
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run my mJ on an old Pentium III IBM Thinkpad with only 192MB of RAM. I use microXP as the OS.

Dave
limitme
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kif Kroker wrote:
I run my mJ on an old Pentium III IBM Thinkpad with only 192MB of RAM. I use microXP as the OS.

Dave

did you stop the magicjack update from occuring perhaps?

can you keep the magicjack from updating to the new requirement?
Kif Kroker
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

limitme wrote:
Kif Kroker wrote:

Dave

did you stop the magicjack update from occuring perhaps?

can you keep the magicjack from updating to the new requirement?

<ques. #1>
No.

<ques. #2>
I don't know, I doubt the mJ dongle would be able to register with the mJ servers without taking the update.

I even have the Chrome web browser up much of the time on the computer my mJ is on for some simple browsing. 192MB of RAM with a version of XP, which can be loaded in a system with as little as 48MB of RAM (microXP), and mine works, so I would say that 512MB of RAM is not required. I suspect the problem people are having with XPe is due to a lack of, or too small of, swap file.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: